Sign in to follow this  
disenter

new car - what would you get?

an s15 can be in the contention between 25-30k...

possibly a wrx...

a few months back i was driving my 180sx and got destroyed by a mazda 3 mps with a frontmount. they make 190kw stock

pyro Posted Today, 04:05 PM

QUOTE(shook @ Sep 20 2007, 11:52 AM)

If she is use to Honda's buy her a new honda? Honda Euro? Intergra? Nsx?

there ya go dave could you imagine your girl flying around in an NSX?

josh - noooooo i'd get jealous! lol

morph Posted Today, 04:37 PM

an s15 can be in the contention between 25-30k...

possibly a wrx...

ok for the *insert expletive* 50th time... it has to be NEW... as in NOT USED!!

S13Jonesy Posted Today, 04:59 PM

a few months back i was driving my 180sx and got destroyed by a mazda 3 mps with a frontmount. they make 190kw stock

mps is well over 25 grand mate, try about 40 grand.

I don't wanna sound too negative but the XR4 is manual ONLY.

For that matter so is the Polo GTi, as is the Polo 1.9 diesel. You won't get a Golf Trendline with auto for less than about 28k and it will be quite gutless with a 1.6 auto. Most small performance varients are manual only. The Golf models that have any guts are about 30k+ and a Golf GTI DSG auto is $48,156 on road - believe me I know... So that leaves the boring options of the base model small cars like the Mazda 3, Civic etc.

So if it were me I'd probably go the Focus. You can actually get one on road with an auto for 25k which is more than you can say for most of the so called 20k small cars.

That said if money was no object I'd go a Golf 2.0 DSG or above. The Golf is a fantastic car.

hmm got a copy of wheels magazine september 07 issue... has a write up of all manufacturers current models, and pro's / con's etc.. i think the mazda 3 Neo hatch is coming up best really... to squeeze in under the price range anyway...

This should be the winner Drum roll please dddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

FORD FIESTA XR4. 25k go pretty hard and were 3rd in motor mag's bang for your buck 2007. Best of both worlds

i agree, i reckon they are pretty cool, BUT,

oh an it has to be auto (spews) since she wont learn to drive manual!

they don't come in auto.

how about a new swift? i got my mrs one at the end of last year, and she loves it...very nice to drive aswell, nice features, etc., and chicks dig them

just got her to read all this.. she said she doesn't mind the swifts, but to many people at her work have them lol

looking more an more like a mazda 3.. her father informs me he's organised a test drive for her already on monday *shakes head*