Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Post pics of your tatts

I just got my first 2 days ago, Didn't really want to post it cause when looking through this thread I found another member had the near exact same. Still wanted to share;

3b8b3c04597111e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

a tattoo is done by a needel and a buzing magnet,so what if its not 100% perfict.

its done by a human not a robot.

still looks awsome.

A good tattooist should make 0 mistakes.

Just sayin'

Big lol

Any tattoo should only be done with the utmost care! It is going to be on someone for ever, or at least a hell of a long time.

Realistically, it should be done with surgical precision!

You're going to look at it for a long time! Haha

And you spend a lot of money on them, so you want it to be the best you can get! It's like buying shitty coil overs for $400 and then when the break and crash into a pole or something, it's gonna end up costing you more.

Also, the buzzing needle and magnet, can be tuned to run the way the artist likes!

I just got my first 2 days ago, Didn't really want to post it cause when looking through this thread I found another member had the near exact same. Still wanted to share;

86cfd31c.jpg

86cfd31c.jpg

Lol!

Sorry, I had to laugh

86cfd31c.jpg

Lol!

Sorry, I had to laugh

l

Hahah gold!

I see this happen so often!

You would be surprised how many people bring the same designs in to show you an idea.

Get on google and search butterfly or rose tattoo, and usually within the first two pages you're going to find the most common ones people show you for an idea.

That said, theyre common because they're nice designs.

The biggest problem here is, the artist really should take any image they're given, and do their own take on it.

I dont want to put the same image on someone, when someone else has already got it! Or maybe twenty other people have it already! And I want to avoid doing the same design twice too!

What about the southern cross?

You mean the aussie swastika?

Generally anyone can get whatever they like. It's their skin and money.

But Sometimes you do just have to say no.

I have turned away a couple of ' offensive' jobs, though.

Saw an Indian man, over on a temp visa for maybe 6 months, get a purple, Australian flag in Australia map, tattooed on his hand.

86cfd31c.jpg

Lol!

Sorry, I had to laugh

hmm.. not sure how I feel about this lol. I saw my artist draw this from scratch using a couple of reference pictures and my input. Would have been nice if your artist put some originality into it but meh. Ive had a Iot of artists compliment it so I guess I'm just happy that I have something that I and other people enjoy.

Maybe just reference the original artist? https://www.facebook.com/Nathan.Holdfast

LOL what are the chances you guys are on the same forum then?

wait so there are 3 people in this thread, all with the same tatt???

no only two. Mine is the original.

The picture was probably taken from this forum...

or facebook, tumblr, google images now.

FFFUUUUUUU

Hey dude, I went there and explained what I wanted (day of the dead chick but not as extreme) the chick there drew it up for me. I didn't see her draw it up, she just said come back in about 2 hours. It was the near same as yours and I asked her to remove the "cross" in the middle.

Sorry, if I did steal it from you I wouldn't have posted it and pointing it out, especially on a board I am on 24/7, nomsayin? Will happily credit the original artist when I get on my computer.

86cfd31c.jpg

Oh wow that's awkward as f**k...

I was with my boyfriend at the Melbourne tattoo expo when we had the artist draw that up, and to see someone else get the exact same thing? Unoriginal.

You should complain to the artist who did yours Vodka since she stole the image directly off Nathan from Holdfast.

Edited by ninjapoohtan

I would, but it wouldn't really get me anywhere, its a tattoo and its stuck for life. All I can do is not go back there for further work. And although I am disappointed, I'm not angry. It's still a beautiful piece, even though it's not the original.

I plan on getting something done in every state over the next few years!

nah it's all good dude. Was just a bit of a shock lol. I'm glad you like it, which is the main thing. It's not really the artists fault, they chose a design that you were happy with. I just thought artists these days were big on doing something that wasn't identical to someone else's work.

Ha at least it was well executed and doesn't look like an abortion of mine. Looks good :thumb:

Got more planned?

nah it's all good dude. Was just a bit of a shock lol. I'm glad you like it, which is the main thing. It's not really the artists fault, they chose a design that you were happy with. I just thought artists these days were big on doing something that wasn't identical to someone else's work.

Ha at least it was well executed and doesn't look like an abortion of mine. Looks good thumb.gif

Got more planned?

I got sort of addicted to it to be honest.... Blame the uplate guys (Esp Dr. Cranium), I would have never thought of a tattoo if it wasn't for them.

I want to do something on my shoulder blade,my thigh and maybe a 1/2 sleeve on my right arm if someone can work with it (I got a fair few burn scars that my 180 gave me on my upper right arm). Just don't know what, That's why I am thinking a different artist every time I leave NSW.

Edit: And yours looks great dude.

Edited by Vodkashot

Ha at least it was well executed and doesn't look like an abortion of mine. Looks good :thumb:

Got more planned?

I got sort of addicted to it to be honest.... Blame the uplate guys (Esp Dr. Cranium), I would have never thought of a tattoo if it wasn't for them.

I want to do something on my shoulder blade,my thigh and maybe a 1/2 sleeve on my right arm if someone can work with it (I got a fair few burn scars that my 180 gave me on my upper right arm). Just don't know what, That's why I am thinking a different artist every time I leave NSW.

Edit: And yours looks great dude.

How am i getting the blame for this!?!?!?!?!!

Nah, i told you you would get addicted, tattoos are self expression and if you don't really express yourself any other way, it's easy to get carried away!

And don't take this the wrong way (the original person who got that tattoo), whilst yours may have been drawn up from scratch, you could find thousands of tattoos very similar to it. Not exactly a "unique" design/concept.

haha. im surprised i havent seen another like my own about.. least i know the only other place that has it is a drift car in russia...

talking to the original artist for the ok for it was awkward.

haha. im surprised i havent seen another like my own about.. least i know the only other place that has it is a drift car in russia... talking to the original artist for the ok for it was awkward.

Believe it or not but I actually showed the tattooist yours Dan (cause you have known for ages I

Fly up to Noosa Vod and get my tattooist to do a new one!

Liam, I'll end up in QLD eventually. Dw! And we will!