Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Post pics of your tatts

pretty quiet here!

neways i just got my first tattoo this today..was so happy with it..i got it done at illustrated man

tatkw8.jpg

whats it say? i forgot all the japanese i knew when i finished year 7

Very nice clean work Arnie.

Ghosty, from my limited knowledge on Japanese, I'm pretty sure it says

" I take the garbage out weekly, but the recycling and garden bin only go out fortnightly"

Is that a panel shop in Japan or something.

Very nice clean work Arnie.

Ghosty, from my limited knowledge on Japanese, I'm pretty sure it says

" I take the garbage out weekly, but the recycling and garden bin only go out fortnightly"

haha if only it did say that :P

the only issue i had with the tattoo shop is he didnt reeli tell me how to take care of it..he didnt even upsell the pawpaw cream they have..i was like errr dont i need that?

i only put cream on once yesterday and twice today..its already started to scab up and has risen a bit..im scared its gonna stuff up or somethin..got ne tips m&m?

So im a massive tattoo noob, excuse the questions. I am however thinking of getting one.

My question is tho, arnt you worried that in 20 years it is going to look really crap after fading ect, or do you just plan on touching them up?

Also how do you decided that in 40 years time your not going to regrett getting said tattoo, or do you not think of that haha.

you could be dead in 40 years

thats not to say you shouldn't put careful thought into it before getting one

but life's short and tuff stickers are cool

The only cream to use is Bepanthan, get it from a chemist, $6-$10 depending on the size. None of my tatts have ever scabbed, all my tattooists recommend it, get some now.

i've decided before i get my abdominal tatt filled in, i'm going to get it extended up the left side of my back up to my left shoulder. Might as well :lol:

i've decided before i get my abdominal tatt filled in, i'm going to get it extended up the left side of my back up to my left shoulder. Might as well :lol:

Like this?:

choptat.gif

no, LEFT SIDE OF MY BACK.

I don't recall saying anything about chest and arms and lats and forearms and neck :lol:

no, LEFT SIDE OF MY BACK.

I don't recall saying anything about chest and arms and lats and forearms and neck :lol:

well yeah, but that's the photo you're working off right? loooooooool :P

not at all. That's the photo that inspired my stomach tatt. ends there though

180 do u know what that means? the tat you got? cos aparently samoans get it and it means something to them, just curious, its a mad tat

i will try find out as soon as i can what it means if u dont know

you could be dead in 40 years

thats not to say you shouldn't put careful thought into it before getting one

but life's short and tuff stickers are cool

This is tru and sadly more than likley haha. but what about the fading thing?

180 do u know what that means? the tat you got? cos aparently samoans get it and it means something to them, just curious, its a mad tat

isnt it to do with thier family? like a family tree sorta thing.

Its just f**king art, tatts dont have to mean a f**king thing, stop watching Miami Ink

Having said that, all my tatts are memorial tattoos. The koi fish is for the goldfish that caught in my pump in my pond, the dragon is for my favourite song as a kid, Puff the magic dragon, the skull on my back because I have a skull, the other 4 skulls represent my kids, the kids names on a dagger because I sometimes want to kill them, the cherry blossoms because the initials CB remind me of the fact I never had one, the water because it reminds me to have a shower and the snake is a reminder I have a fear of snakes.

Are you talking about the EXACT tatt i got, or just tribal tatts in general. I've never seen anyone else with the exact tatt i have.

I'm not samoan, so it means nothing to me and never will. I just like it.

they dont have to mean something but some do, 180 its similar if not the same, yeah it looks mad but i was just curious if u knew what it ment cos some tats represent something like.. my friends dad has 2 big tats on the side of his body because he was a leader of a tribe..

ill try find out, mad tat

Its just f**king art, tatts dont have to mean a f**king thing, stop watching Miami Ink

Having said that, all my tatts are memorial tattoos. The koi fish is for the goldfish that caught in my pump in my pond, the dragon is for my favourite song as a kid, Puff the magic dragon, the skull on my back because I have a skull, the other 4 skulls represent my kids, the kids names on a dagger because I sometimes want to kill them, the cherry blossoms because the initials CB remind me of the fact I never had one, the water because it reminds me to have a shower and the snake is a reminder I have a fear of snakes.

haha you funny *milkshake*.

i got 3 at the moment. ones a half sleeve / chest japanese dragon etc (gonna be full sleeve soon)

other is a cable guy portrait on my thigh who my mate done for free lol (wanted it to put in shows along with some other portraits my other mates got done on their thighs)

other is a boxing kangaroo on my back that i got on australia day cause i was bored ...

cable guy one has been in a few shows and is in about 4 magazines i think lol anyone wanna check out my mates work his site is www.revtattoo.com. he is trying to get it out there that there is more to tattooes in australia than southern crosses and tribal hehe so hes doing alot of new cool stuff

l_4da0b8133e07d3384b80f126301eea72.jpg

dsc00101vs4.jpg

l_c233df49b421e3d2d28b2dac060a1854.jpg

l_2dcce608fea86e8cc90477ba7a2bdbe4.jpg

not a fan of the boxing kangaroo, but the other 2 are really good.

The dragon half sleeve looks awesome, i really like the design of the head coming out onto the chest and the colors are really nice.

Good stuff!

yeh wish i didnt get that kangaroo now lol .. wa a spur of the moment thing anyway . i always forget its there anyway cause its on my back. the sleeve will be done soon with a hanya mask and koi fish and more water and wind etc down forearm . should be awesome . just need more money as its an expensive ass hobby

well there is a legend to it ...

any koi fish in the yellow river which swims upstream through the dragon gate is turned into a dragon , only one every few years gets through apparently out of the milllions ... its supposed to symbolise achieving your goals etc .. and seeing i already have the dragon and the waterfall etc with nothing below it thats the idea in my next stage

that cable guy looks insane.. awesome shading work.. good on him...

also dont like the kanga so much.. but eh, u dont have to look at it, right ? :P

the sleeve looks real nice, but shit ive seen so many koi's on this website.. all the jap obsessed must flock to ns.

edit-

yea, everyone on NS knows the story by now fullboost, its been told a few times mate ;). its a nice symbolic story, i personally think a few too many have the 'theme' though. full marks to the artist though.

aah k cool . yeh i dont come on here much anymore as i dont have a car but when i saw a tat thread i had to add something lol. i just have a love for tattoos and japanese style art hence my reason

Koi's are the shit, and the reason Japanese and Tribal are so popular is because they flow with the body.

The old traditional tattoo's were never intended to flow, but with some great artists around now, they are becoming increasingly more artistic, rather than looking like badges .

The problem with getting an isolated Koi is that it was never intended to be on its own, no Japanese tattoo was, so it looks pretty crap when its done that way. Tribal has a similar problem, tribal arm bands are as bad as tramp stamps on the lower back.

Getting a Koi on a sleeve or back job looks magnificent, but on its own, it looks like a goldfish.

As far as Japanese tattoo's being popular, its no coincidence that the 3 best tatto artists in Australia, Giovanni, Trevor McStay and Geordie Cole, all specialize in Japanese, its all they do, and have a 1-2 year waiting list, whilst charging top dollar at $150 per hour. They also only do full sleeve or back jobs, full body or legs, no small isolated work.