Sign in to follow this  
SIR ASHMAN

Digital Climate Control Lights

hey man that was a good article, gave me all the info i need to know and for sure i know i wont be stuffing anything up when i get to doing mine...

thanks ASHMAN for that....

markey

It might be an idea to sand the led's with wet/dry to give a matte effect to distribute the light better

Nice guide. :)

I did this months ago, but with blue LEDs to go with my lighting scheme, lol. :rolleyes:

Nice guide. :)

I did this months ago, but with blue LEDs to go with my lighting scheme, lol. :rolleyes:

I did blue aswell... seing this i'm going to buy clear ones now..

would a 5000mcd led be too bright??

I swapped to the white led the other day... Massive improvement over the blue. Now, where to put those spare blue ones??? Any suggestions?

Awesome guide, looks so much better than the stock bulbs & only a fraction of the price too!!!

Good write up mate. The only thing I would suggest to do on top of that is either

Option1: Slide some heat shrink over the resistor after step 6 PB010095.JPG

Option 2: after completing step 7, get mum's hot glue gun out and put a dob of glue over the exposed resistor/LED legs PB010096.JPG

This way they will be protected from shorting against itself or anything else it may contact. :)

is their anyway to change the digital backlight part? or to much trouble?

thats look sick where abouts u get the led's from though??? like jay car or something?

jsut did mine to bright red. worked a treat. only get jaycar etc to match the resistor to the led you choose to be safe. took me bout 20mins. well worth it

your temp up and down light isnt workin :P

think i might do this to mine

as it gets real hard to see at twilight

EDIT: thanks for the wright up btw ASHMAN :thumbsup:

I just bought direct replacement 12v t3 leds from ebay costme like 5 bucks didnt have to do nothing but screw old ones out and put new ones in. They look great aswell lol

cheers for the write up dude i also put one in the rear demistor switch and works sweet too.

if anyone knows how to dismantly the hazard and or fog light switches let me know and ill see if it can be done to these switches. Im currently stuck on opening them.

Finished this mod last night & would like to thank the OP. I put some heatshrink around the resistor & LED anode, folded it down & then heatshrunk that as well. I used 3mm blue 1500mcd LEDs from Jaycar & think they look pretty alright, not too bright at night & a relatively even distribution of light.

Has anyone been able to source or find out what LEDs are used behind the recirculation indicator for example? They're little rectangular-ish ones. I don't dare replace them without knowing what voltage & current they are supplied with. I think if replaced with red ones with a blue backlight, they'd look quite good.

Thanks for a great guide!

Does anyone know if there are 4 LED's for the Analogue version too? I only managed to find and replace the two on the top under a plastic flap so far but havent had time to take a proper look.

I also just bought 4 of the T3 LED type ones off ebay for $10 so theres no soldering required, just direct screw in swap.

Edited by Jero86

i bought some off ebay they didnt seem to work doesnt matter which way i put them and now my old bulbs dont work either...any ideas?

yes i tried both ways.

oh and the ebay ones were bad quality and broke apart when removing anyway.

I just did this to my R32, great article.

Thanks

would a 5000mcd led be too bright??

ur gonna get blinded lol

Sign in to follow this