orion

★ ★ SHOW US YOUR OFFSET! WHO HAS STANCE! ★ ★

btw the tires im running on my car are 215/45/17's on a 9" wheel. the falkens for some reason look a little buldgy. and no the guards dont rub on the rear (front they do(only slightly on the edge of the tire, not the tred, not much more than 10mm travel in the front anyway) needs a tad more camber when i lower the front, rear sit under the guards nicely).

Profile.jpg

and just to throw in another pic :) heres our wide s13 we built. its now dumped on its arse with the wheels under the guards (got rid of the tein super streets)

18x10 -0 rear

wides13.jpg

LOL LAURENCE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zingedtothefarkenlinged :lol:

streeter, my rears sit similar to wojski's...no scrub either

just noticed you were after a s15 with emotion CR kai's

clicky

this guy got some, i also think he is selling them

pics of the rims on page 3 +

hope this helps.

i noticed yesterday that kelly mckinnon.... runs 245/35/18's all round!!!!

i found that abit odd.....

The front tyres look like monsters too! 235/45 or something?
lol at 235/45's being monsters :lol:
For fronts on a drift car, yes they are. I thought that would be obvious to a suspension genius such as yourself.

This is my idea of perfection. 18x10+13 with 225/40 on wojski's car. One day I hope to be rolling this flush.
now not to say that doesnt look good, but the issue with fitment like that, is the tire and wheel has nowhere to go on bound, even if that got flared a little bit it would allow the wheel and tire to slip underneath the guard and not delam ur tire every time u went around a corner.
Here is a video of this car delaminating its tyres on a corner.

So just to save you the trouble of pointing out the obvious; this car is too low, too stiff, has bad damping, has too much camber, runs non hub centric spacers, has incorrect wheel to tyre sizing, insufficent stroke, insufficient guard to tyre clearance, insufficient droop, doesn't run european shock absorbers or a single whiteline part, runs cheap spherical bearings rather than polyurethane bushes and has roll centres deep within the earth's core.

But somehow, by some magical amazing magicalness it drives perfectly well without exploding or anything.

Amazing, I don't understand it either... maybe PM Sydneykid and ask him why

love it :D

streeter, my rears sit similar to wojski's...no scrub either

Ive run that kind of setup for about 3 years with no issues with scrubbing either ;) each car is different though.

Every one seems to cry when they hear 17 x 9j +5 on stock s13 front guards. I just added a 5mm spacer LOL

I wish my toyota would take a 9 +5 up front :(

I havent done any mods to my rear guards... this is running drift teks, 17x9.5 +15 with 225/45r 17s

1014186qb7.jpg

unfortunately my coilovers dont go any lower..

I should be getting a set of 18x10 +19s sometime this week...... may have to lip the guards to fit those...

18x10s on the front might be a interesting fit aswell.... anyone ever stretch 215/35or 40s r18s onto a 10 before? :hah:

the s13

18x10.5 +19, no spacers cos spacers are gay

p1030031eo2.jpg

the s15

17x9 +17, no spacers cos spacers are gay

P1000932.JPG

woa nice s13 mate :P lmfaoo!!!!

For fronts on a drift car, yes they are. I thought that would be obvious to a suspension genius such as yourself.

This is my idea of perfection. 18x10+13 with 225/40 on wojski's car. One day I hope to be rolling this flush.
now not to say that doesnt look good, but the issue with fitment like that, is the tire and wheel has nowhere to go on bound, even if that got flared a little bit it would allow the wheel and tire to slip underneath the guard and not delam ur tire every time u went around a corner.

So just to save you the trouble of pointing out the obvious; this car is too low, too stiff, has bad damping, has too much camber, runs non hub centric spacers, has incorrect wheel to tyre sizing, insufficent stroke, insufficient guard to tyre clearance, insufficient droop, doesn't run european shock absorbers or a single whiteline part, runs cheap spherical bearings rather than polyurethane bushes and has roll centres deep within the earth's core.

But somehow, by some magical amazing magicalness it drives perfectly well without exploding or anything.

love it :D

LOL x2 at Sydneykid groupie bashing :lol: !

My new rims will be on in a few weeks. 18x9.5 -3 for the rears, no fibreglass here :D.

u take shit waaay too seriously. u gave ur opinion on what u thought was good fitment, i did mine, only difference is u took it as a personal attack as always. once again we have an example of u getting ur panties in a knot over a small comment by me.

the post was NOT a personal attack at you

on the other hand the post you just made was a personal attack at me, so lets go on that since u made ur post purely about having a go at me rather than proving ur point.

calling me a suspension expert? lol, just because i read articles on suspension written up by professionals in the industry and not taking testimonials by drifters which have gone from cut springs to their hektik chinese coilovers and think they are all that doesnt make me a suspension expert, it makes me a person with some common sense and not a sheep like 90% of people on this site that look at the drifters as if they are gods.

bring sydneykid into this? ive only ever spoken to him to buy products off him, ive read some of his write ups, but i look elsewhere to get a more balanced view of things, i cant understand how its a bad thing to listen to someone that has been engineering for race teams for years and years, are u suggesting i should start listening to drifters off here that probably havnt seen a shock dyno in their life instead?

as for the fitment, well i dont know if i should really dwell in this as obviously it wasnt really the focus of ur post really, but ill say once again, it was my personal preference, i would prefer to have travel in my suspension, hence i would need the wheel to move, which would mean i would need the wheel to have a place to move to, which is why i would give the guard a small flare to allow the wheel to be able to slide up in there.

now thats my opinion, please dont take it as another attack on u as i would hate to receive another one of ur nasty replies again...

how do u guys do the fronts?

rears i can understand..dont move much..but how do u adjust ur height to accomodate a full lock? I'm waiting on some rims coming in from japan...they're not that huge on offset..+20 or so..x9 at the front, 10 at the back.

with my shitty 17x9's+36 at the front right now, i lowered a lot (no where near what u guys have) and i cant full lock..its not just the plastic bit but whole guard.

or do u guys just run a shitload camber?

sounds like you are hitting the inner guard.... lower offset will help you with this..

but then you'll probably start munching the outer guard.... meh

my front guard is now perfectly flared from the tyre rubbing on it :lol:...

in f**king good news tho, i just received my volk GT-P's like then, 17x9 +16 all round, thanks streeter :wub:

:lol: remember ive got R32 4dr guards which cant take shit all size/offset under it, because i wanted them on so bad i ended up chucking some 215's RE050's on the rear because ive got about 10 of them and some 225 pirelli p-zero's on the front. will be going 235 all round once i get the guards flared.

dscn8969in6.jpg

dscn8977bc9.jpg

for someone that has done as little drifting as you have nisskid your car is a fair POS :lol:

hey its been to more track days than urs lately ;):lol:

its actually not that bad, its pretty dirty at the moment, just needs a lick of paint and a new front bar. my last front bar was alright, but its resting in pieces :(

and i quote:

function>form

:D

this thread is great, i'm loving the size of some of these rims with the offset on stock untouched guards, gives me some inspiration to do it properly

Photos are great too!!

its actually not that bad, its pretty dirty at the moment, just needs a lick of paint and a new front bar. my last front bar was alright, but its resting in pieces :(

and i quote:

function>form

lets not get measuring our e-penii

my track day count > yours

and i quote:

function>form

lets not get measuring our e-penii

my track day count > yours

whats that got to do with anything, u said u my car hadnt seen many track days, i said it had seen more than your car lately

hey its been to more track days than urs lately

i wasnt comparing drivers i was comparing cars, how many track days lately has ur new soarer seen? ;)

in future ill pretty my car up for u, i would hate for u to think my car was unattractive :lol:

thats like me saying im better than you becuase im more italian than you are

I was having a dig at the uglyness of your car

get over it :lol:

my car looks like a POS and i havent been to any track days. cars get driven hard other places than tracks. who cares what ur car looks like really.

thats like me saying im better than you becuase im more italian than you are

wait......what? :lol:

u take shit waaay too seriously.

from where i'm sitting, your reply was waaaaaaaaaaay longer and much less tongue in cheek than laurence's......

yeh but he posted a video, a video tells 1000 words...

back to the offseted wheel pictures.....just got myself a set of Kei Office Coilovers so im lowering the car tonight :yes: i'll take a pic once its done ;)

here, just rolled gaurds, cusco coilovers. can go lower but happy with height atm.

F: 18x9j +24

R: 18x10j +34

S1501.jpg

14082007368__Small_.jpg

DSC03375__Small_.jpg

DSC03377__Small_.jpg

Not an S15, but to keep the thread going, here's

18X10 +25 235/40R18

with camber 2.25

IMG_008f8.jpg IMG_0087_1.jpg

and

18x9.5 -3 front