Sign in to follow this  
GuNzLa

CJ Motorsports?

My girlfriends purchased a set of Splitfire coilpacks off CJ Motorsports.

One has blown after approx. 7 Months. i rang the guy at CJ and he told me

he will not cover them as the warranty is only six months.

I know he has every right to refuse, but from the so called reputation of being a

platinum seller and the amount of money i spent on the coilpacks, i think he should

allow me the warranty.

The car is owned and driven by a girl, never thrahed, and bearly driven. The car in question

would have been lucky to have done 5000 kms with the new splitfire coilpacks. I genuinely

think the they should have a kilometer warranty, not just a time warranty.

I dont see how this is fair as there would have been many warranty claims were the coilpacks

have been abused and done 10 times the amount of kilometers, and just because of

1 month i am out another $500.

If i were you id buy of somebody who has a bit of common sense and a heart!!! or you

too may be in this situation!!!

it wouldn't be possible to do a kilometer warranty, as you'd have no proof.. you could have done 50,000k's in that time for all they know.

warranties are warranties, and you should know the terms you are buying a product under before you purchase it. Its unfortunate but its the way it is... that said, i would think its unusual for this kind of problem to have happened after a short time, and whether its thrashed or not.

Perhaps see if you can get in touch with splitfire themselves.

cj's a good guy, hes does gear quite cheaply, not making a hell of alot on it, and he's well within his rights.

i wouldn't blame him for a fault with a product, try talking to splitfire.

warranties are warranties

I beg to differ, alot of companys will honor a warranty even if its 1-2 months out.. :)

Dont forget also mate, that items like that may not have an australian distributor, therefore the supplier (cj motor) is restricted to returning goods within their warranty period as well.

For companies that have a local distributor can send the faulty goods back and get a credit, if they can't get a credit because it is outside of their warranty from overseas then they cant return the item either.

Unfortunatley its the fault of the product, yes given it lasted for such a short amount of time it sux. But its not the distributors fault, HOWEVER, most goods like this should have a 12month warranty standard? maybe Cj motor could check again as he may still have 6 more months of warranty available and could return them to the supplier and swap them for you now still.

Maybe just try seeing if CJ motor could double check on the warranty period as he may still be able to help you.

I've dealt with Jacky from CJ motor on heaps of occasions and have had no problems so far - I havent had any faulty goods as yet however :thumbsup:

Hope it works out mate always bad luck to have things break sooner than expected.

Edited by 51CAZ

Coilpacks usually don't come with a very big warranty as there are so many application-related variables that cause them to fail / break (ie. something as simple as plug gap)

Buying from an Australian distributor will help when it comes to covering a product if a warranty does appear to be faulty (ie. If you had purchased SplitFires from LynxCorp - the Aussie Distributor for Splitfire you would have paid a premium, due to the duty & taxes they would have to charge, but you may have been in a better situation now).

Many of the traders on nissansilvia.com scour the japanese sites / use their local contacts in japan to get the cheapest prices possible for our members, unforutnately this means that oftern they cannot get the same deal again, and even the traders themselves are not getting a warranty from the manufacturer (since they are not part of the dealer and distributor network for the brand they cannot pass on these benefits).

Often any warranty would be coming out of their own pockets, and counted as a loss.

It is up to the member to take note of any warranty mentioned, or even negotiate one BEFORE the sale transaction is completed.

it's out of the warranty period, they have no obligation to honor the warranty. they would be losing $500 through no fault of their own, so it is unreasonable to expect this of them.

CJ?

he ripped me off

on a set of camber tops.... on brand new tein flexs

and he blocked my PM's

honest dealer? my a$$

Coilpacks usually don't come with a very big warranty as there are so many application-related variables that cause them to fail / break (ie. something as simple as plug gap)

Buying from an Australian distributor will help when it comes to covering a product if a warranty does appear to be faulty (ie. If you had purchased SplitFires from LynxCorp - the Aussie Distributor for Splitfire you would have paid a premium, due to the duty & taxes they would have to charge, but you may have been in a better situation now).

Many of the traders on nissansilvia.com scour the japanese sites / use their local contacts in japan to get the cheapest prices possible for our members, unforutnately this means that oftern they cannot get the same deal again, and even the traders themselves are not getting a warranty from the manufacturer (since they are not part of the dealer and distributor network for the brand they cannot pass on these benefits).

Often any warranty would be coming out of their own pockets, and counted as a loss.

It is up to the member to take note of any warranty mentioned, or even negotiate one BEFORE the sale transaction is completed.

well, thats kinda what I was trying to say.

Well said Loz.

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear, i would of thought u would just replace them, just for good customer service, but hey some ppl are dif.

However, lets not forget, that legally if there isn't an official Australia distributor/manufacturer the retailer becomes the manufacturer (in a legal sense) and is therefore fully liable regardless.

Even if the trader does not get a warranty from the manufacturer they still need to provide one.

Food for thought..

My thoughts.....

Life sucks, get a f'n helmet.

Life isn't fair. Warranty 6 months? 1 day out? Tough. That is life. I've spent big bucks on my car but you can't expect for things to last forever and if it breaks 1 hour after warranty well that's just how it is.

My coilpacks cost me $110 delivered so I don't really care :)

Look in to things like Bosch or MSD or Haltech as they are SOOOO much cheaper. Coil over plug is over rated if you ask me. The only good thing is that it is 'plug and play'.

I know he has every right to refuse the warranty!

I just dont get how other people on this forum are offering 12 month warranties when CJ

only offers 6!

My fault for not looking at details such as warranty when purchasing. Feel like a total dick

seeing that for about $30 i could have gone up the road to Vermont and got them with a 12

month warranty!

Silly Boy!!! Silly silly Boy!!!!

ps. Looking for coilpacks, Accesses-Direct!

Cheap, comes with full manufacturer warranty!

warranties are warranties

I beg to differ, alot of companys will honor a warranty even if its 1-2 months out.. :)

I know that.. I myself have done exactly that within my own company. But strictly legally speaking, if they only had a 6 month warranty, then he's got no obligation.

It's harsh luck really.. I'd be spewing to, but thats why with particular expensive items like that, I always buy through an authorised distributor, and where possible, someone face to face. Especially when talking electrical componentry which are subject to alot of variables.

Like I said, maybe try dealing with splitfire directly, or through an authorised distributor, the serial numbers etc on them, may be able to tell them the build/test date, and if that date is still within what splitfire themselves give for a warranty period, they may honour it just to uphold their good name.

Good luck anyway mate.

i dont no, apple got done when they launched their laptops coz they would all die in 13 months, a month out of thier warranty period,

yet people went to fair trading and were able to claim warranty under some legality, which basically states the item should last a substantial period after warranty has concluded.

talk to the fair trading office, or someone who knows abit more about law, you should be able to get your money back

I was really upset that CJ Motorsports wouldn't cover my coilpacks under warranty

but thats not the issue!!

I went and bought a new set off someone who gave me 12months warranty today!

When i took the old Splitfires out (blown ones) i noticed that one had a different batch

no. on it! I rang up CJ Motorsports and asked him why there was one different coilpack

and he said i was lying, just trying to get him to cover warranty!!

As it turns out he sold me an incomplete set!!

Now, i think he should give me the warranty!!! Pretty weird that he won't take them back

cause he knows that the money wpould come out of his pocket cause he can't send an incomplete set back.

I'll insert a picture of the incomplete set below, tell me what you think.

ps. If anyone thinks i might try and be bullshitting him, pm me and i'll give you my address so you can come

check out both sets! You'll soon see the new ones have a totally different number!!!

Cant upload pictures, can someone tell me how to please!!!

Yeah I've been keeping my eye out on this sponsor for some time now. Majority of posts I've read arn't very positive and the feedback that I have read proves that customer service isn't a priority and is less than satisfactory.

I'm in no way bagging this sponsor, but I would suggest to people to think twice before making a purchase from a particular sponsor/company/organisation and the likes. Although prices may be great, is it really worth it? And having a think about it, the price comparisons arn't really all that big of a difference.

I'm also about to buy Splitfire coilpacks for my ride and yes, this sponsor is the cheapest round...although I'm very hesitant to go through with it. This thread has just convinced me not to and my mind is made up. Looks like I'll be heading over to Access Autoworks.

I would also like to mention that going through the sponsor's forums and reading the ads, I'm convinced that communication skills also aren't much of a priority...in fact to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'ld say it's more lacking/limited.

Cheers,

Andy

i dont no, apple got done when they launched their laptops coz they would all die in 13 months, a month out of thier warranty period,

yet people went to fair trading and were able to claim warranty under some legality, which basically states the item should last a substantial period after warranty has concluded.

talk to the fair trading office, or someone who knows abit more about law, you should be able to get your money back

BINGO - or in legal terms, of merchantable quality....

i know this isnt what you want to hear, but i have only heard good things about this seller, and from my own experiences with him however i have never brought coilpacks from him.

^^read my post .

he's acutally ripped me off and blocked my messages.

i've asked mods to look into it few times

and they all seem to not wanna bother

i'm just keeping his messages and all his contacts

if anyone takes him to court i'll be there as witness :P

BTW if you are reading this.... next time i come up I'LL come around and see you again... and this time i won't be as nice as I was last time . u prick

why should CJ motor cover you? he doesn't the coil packs split fire do. it's the products fault not his. maybe go directly to Splitfire and see if they can do anything about it

BINGO - or in legal terms, of merchantable quality....

Wasn't that an american class action?

why should CJ motor cover you? he doesn't the coil packs split fire do. it's the products fault not his. maybe go directly to Splitfire and see if they can do anything about it

thats exactly what i said.

decent reputable brands carry their own warranties.

if you're saying one coil has a different batch number, again, raise this with splitfire themselves, ask them if this is a normal occurance instead of jumping the gun.. you might be completely wrong.

I dunno what you paid for your splits.. but i paid $550 for mine.. in cash, in person at my mechanics shop.. who is actually friends with Jackie (cj motors) to.. i only bought a couple things off jackie.. at the time, some poncams and rocker stoppers, which he allowed me to return as i changed my mind and decided to leave the cams alone and he allowed me to swap it for a boost controller i wanted.. to be honest, he wasn't exactly happy about it.. but he was ok about it to.. so i've no complaints. It is not his fault if a part fails, and the manufacturer is who is responsible. CJ is just a reseller so take it up with the manufacturer, thats what i'd do and have done many times before.

Just picked up a set of Splitfire coilpacks off Access Autoworks :D

Price is even cheaper than CJ Motors and the service was 2nd to none!!!

These kits are great...all the wiring looms, leads and ignition control case are included. Plus, the batch numbers are ALL the same!!!

Cheers,

Andy