Sign in to follow this  
MeZ

Aus Hip-Hop

first time really browsing the music section and saw the hiphop thread which i dont think anyone mentioned aus hip hop?

anyone else like Aus hip hop? and who do you listen to?

p.s if this topics been made go for gold in locking it haha

i love hiphop, but just hate testosterone fulled wankers yelling obscenities at me from a stage, and the type of people aussie hiphop heads are.... last aussie hip hop gig i went to, my g/f was so harassed we ended up leaving, everything from blatant vulgar suggestions to trying to put their hands up her skirt, and as we were leaving there was some dude on stage getting everyone to chant 'f**k everything'.... the scene is so negative its not funny..positivity ftw...

I have been listening to the tongue a bit, also pegs and hilltop. I dont really get into aussie hiphop alot

All depending on who you go see. For instance if your gonna go to a lyrical commission gig, be prepared for a war. as i allways is.

Last aussie hip hop gig i went to was to see Delta and cinematic, i would rate him one of the best aussie dudes.

Im not a major fan of aussie hip hop but i have a lot of mates in the industry so yeah.

But there are alot of dudes out there and because they dont have cds or radio time and no bodys heard of them.

If your from melb theres a good selection of funky fused hip hop around brunswick, live bands and what not.

At the end of the year i can allmost promoise you there will be some excelent alternative selection of aussie hip hop

love the aussie hip hop.

Pegs

bliss n esso

after hours

the herd

bias b

clandestine

terra firma

train of thought

FUNKOARS.... just to name a few

Oars

Bias - B

Terrafirma

Few of my fav's

Vents is also a cranker

love the aussie hip hop.

Pegs

bliss n esso

after hours

the herd

bias b

clandestine

terra firma

train of thought

FUNKOARS.... just to name a few

i rate:

Pegz

Bliss n Eso

The Herd

Hilltop Hoods

Funkoars

4 Corners

listen to the NZ stuff as well like:

Alphrisk

Savage

Scribe

Deceptikonz

Man i used to listen heaps when i lived in newy!! Hilltop Hoods!! Left foot Right 1 of the best albums i own!! Brad Strut, Bias B, Koolism, 2UP, The herd, Downsyde!! Off tap!! um... Loved obese's compilations OBESECITY yeeoh!!

guess i didnt post what i like

after hours ;) ahahahahah headlock

bias b

brad strut

clandestein

l c

foul notions

bigfooot

tornts

terra firma (aus and british has anyone else noticed that theres 2 terra firmas?)

pegs

new sense

patto

pure product

reason

terntable jediz

left one ahaha

and i think these artists co inside with aus hip hop as in if you like aus hip hop youll most likely like this

necro

Mr Hyde

Ill Bill

goretex

Immortal Technique

Reef the Lost Cauze

probs forgot a few

I know you said no HH but I love them heaps. I used to really like them, then went off 'em but now after getting Back once again and a matter of time and seeing them live at BDO I'm back into them in a big way.

Also like some of the Herd's stuff and saw a clip of Pegz' last night which I quite liked.

there are a lot of aus hip-hop artists that havent been recognised yet.

like a bit of

delta, pegz, immortal technique, hyjak & torcha, hilltop hoods, hospice crew, bias b ..

cant say ive heard after hours yet .. must have a gander.

edit: -just had a listen .. sounds awesome. not like the try hard hip-hop shit thats flooding the market these days. nice work

Edited by young-gun

Lazy Grey - On Or Off Tap

Most bangin aussie hiphop release IMO, and that's from '00.

bliss n esso

scribe

savage

my fav - weapon x and ken hell.

FUNKOARS - Drunk M@$@#% F$#^@@S

Hilltop -Back once again!!

Bias

DJ Bonez has some good compilations with dudes

Train of Thought

After hours

Terrafirma

Biss n Eso

Pegz

Muph & Plutonic

Reason

Andy Struktsha

Draft

Thats a few vinyls and cds i listen to

Hard road restung was a good move for hth.

There new dvd is good too.

so if funkours greatest hits dvd

neva knew the so many hip hop artists in aus

i know new zealand have quiet a few

eg tyree who i saw before in sydney

fkn Bliss and eso for sure - day of the dog is one of the top aussie hip hop albums ever, amazing stuff

but yeh apart from that hilltops hard road restung is wicked as is their whole catalogue

art of war

matty b

and from NZ

scribe - the best

p money's album, even though he is jsut a producer, its an awesoem car album, huuuuuuuuge beats

frontline (these guys are incredible)

there are a lot of aus hip-hop artists that havent been recognised yet.

like a bit of

delta, pegz, immortal technique, hyjak & torcha, hilltop hoods, hospice crew, bias b ..

cant say ive heard after hours yet .. must have a gander.

edit: -just had a listen .. sounds awesome. not like the try hard hip-hop shit thats flooding the market these days. nice work

lol, whered you pull that from???........

'Immortal Technique (Felipe Coronel)was born February 19, 1978 in a military hospital in South America, Immortal Technique was brought to the United States in the early 80's while a civil war was breaking out in his native Peru. The US supported puppet democracy and Guerilla factions were locked in a bitter struggle which ended like most do in Latin America, with the military and economic aid of the State Dept. through channels like the CIA. Although he had escaped the belligerent poverty and social turmoil of life in the 3rd world, he was now residing in Harlem which had its own share of drama. Growing up on the streets of New York, the young man became enamored with Hip Hop culture, writing graffiti and starting to rhyme at an early age. Although he frequently cut school and ended up being arrested time and time again for his wild behavior, the kid still managed to finish high school and got accepted to a state university. Unfortunately the survivalist and aggressive attitude that was the norm in New York City caused him to be involved in more violent altercations at school, whether it was with other brothers, false flaggers or the relentlessly racist population of an uncultured Middle America.'

ahahah i saw that and i was like i could of swore his american because his down with necro ill bill and all that type of music ahah

not a huge hip hop head,.. but do like hilltops & terrafirma, and not real hip hop as such but even butterfingers.. anyone here heard of mattyB?

love aushiphop soo much

really liking the underground stuff atm

rigorous recordings artists, listen to some of ther stuff on myspace, absolutely mint

Heaps of people have said The Herd but no one has said Urthboy (unless I missed it). He's definitely one of my favourites but I am really into the instrumental side of Aussie hip hop like Hermitude (who do lots of the Herd's music) and Plutonic Lab (who do the instrumentals of Muph and Plutonic).