Sign in to follow this  
MeZ

Aus Hip-Hop

Acizm

Anyone heard of him?

could of swore you posted up his myspace before otherwise i have no idea how i stumbled on his myspace :wacko:

anywho digging his shit ahahaha

all you kids need to check out:

Sukatash

Mindfield

Headstrong Company

Defenders

and anything else remotely crackhouse related....

nobody beats the biz....

Bumpio haha

just thought id update with some recent/not so recent as theyve been out for a while but for those not in the know ;)

Pure Product - Eviction notice

pureproductevictionnotith7.jpg

Really liking what this groups been busting out, Bare essentials ft kingskonnected, shades of grey and eviction notice really are the bumping tracks

some tracks remind me of hilltop hoods why others more of a grimier terra firma

Lflows/Verbill: East.Coast.Most.Definate - The Mixtape

l74ce5b2166d9b7de280006uh7.jpg

I Expected big things from the other half of former brizo group 'leftone' would love to say all the tracks were dope but i suppose only half of leftone can produce something half as good, maybe just me?Some tracks to crank are Verbs Attacks, E.C.M.D, Bitumen ft Jacks. All in all not a bad mixtape there are some

glimpses of leftone in there and cant wait to the album drops

The Optimum presents - Red tape renegades

l43add444da27d80fcd798fyk3.jpg

Tracks from, The optimum, Robby Balboa, Pure Product. Check it out if you like any of those artists, tracks to crank include O Dot P Dot, Silver Spoon, Swamp Gators. Theres lots of classics on there that most would of heard

Terra Firma - Music To Live By

Dont know if this has been dropped, soon to be but judging by the tracks on their myspace should be another classic from terra

Feel free to add your own just my views on the cds others may disagree, just thought id post this up for those a bit out of the loop majorly as im out of the loop too ahaha

^ yeah lowrider are from adelaide

they are a funk band, although they work with a couple of hip hop heads (eg. hoods)

LOL @ Immortal Technique = aus hip hop Ahhahaha

I'm into abit of Oz Hip Hop:

Brad Strut

Bias B

Pegz

PROWLA (F*cken awesome!!)

Trem

Tornts

Some you may not of heard (G-town crew) but are starting to get some attention, also some are good friends, check out MySpace if your interested:

Fatty Phew

SPIT

Luke Mac

CLASS A

Autism

Thorts

I occasionally bust out on an open mic.

bliss n eso

hilltops

the herd

funkoars

ozi batla

the tongue

hyjak n torcha

worthy :)

there are a lot of aus hip-hop artists that havent been recognised yet.

like a bit of

delta, pegz, immortal technique, hyjak & torcha, hilltop hoods, hospice crew, bias b ..

cant say ive heard after hours yet .. must have a gander.

edit: -just had a listen .. sounds awesome. not like the try hard hip-hop shit thats flooding the market these days. nice work

lol, whered you pull that from???........

'Immortal Technique (Felipe Coronel)was born February 19, 1978 in a military hospital in South America, Immortal Technique was brought to the United States in the early 80's while a civil war was breaking out in his native Peru. The US supported puppet democracy and Guerilla factions were locked in a bitter struggle which ended like most do in Latin America, with the military and economic aid of the State Dept. through channels like the CIA. Although he had escaped the belligerent poverty and social turmoil of life in the 3rd world, he was now residing in Harlem which had its own share of drama. Growing up on the streets of New York, the young man became enamored with Hip Hop culture, writing graffiti and starting to rhyme at an early age. Although he frequently cut school and ended up being arrested time and time again for his wild behavior, the kid still managed to finish high school and got accepted to a state university. Unfortunately the survivalist and aggressive attitude that was the norm in New York City caused him to be involved in more violent altercations at school, whether it was with other brothers, false flaggers or the relentlessly racist population of an uncultured Middle America.'

Yeah I got no idea why I put that in. Even I just thought to myself "why the f**k did i put that in there" .. :lol:

It doesn't even seem like something I'd write :huh:

But oh well. Sorry peoples

nobody's singing praises for 'Damo'? wonder why? what about Mundine & Chopper Read? bahahaha

fkn Bliss and eso for sure - day of the dog is one of the top aussie hip hop albums ever, amazing stuff

but yeh apart from that hilltops hard road restung is wicked as is their whole catalogue

art of war

matty b

and from NZ

scribe - the best

p money's album, even though he is jsut a producer, its an awesoem car album, huuuuuuuuge beats

frontline (these guys are incredible)

man i forgot about these guys..they're albums are awesome

prowla lovers where would i find this song

Thats 'Instincts' from the Rock Da City compilation.

quite hard to find.

300x300.jpg

If anyone's keen to have a listen to my stuff, check it out at www.myspace.com/honourmc

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Scott

quite hard to find.

300x300.jpg

your not wrong have been searching for some time!

Heaps of people have said The Herd but no one has said Urthboy (unless I missed it). He's definitely one of my favourites but I am really into the instrumental side of Aussie hip hop like Hermitude (who do lots of the Herd's music) and Plutonic Lab (who do the instrumentals of Muph and Plutonic).

Was just reading through all this like where the fu*k is urthboy lol. Modern Day Folk is pretty mint.

Bliss n eso - watchdog waterdragons hits a spot with me. Love it. Also like headless princess

Grew up listening to heaps of aussie since as long as i can remember, all been mentioned in previous posts though. Prefer old school aussie though to be honest, the underground/old school stuff i recon is a bit more raw. But love it all regardless.

Cant mention aussie hip hop without mentioning 1979 - hilltops either

quite hard to find.

300x300.jpg

your not wrong have been searching for some time!

try ebay, although you may end up paying a bit for it.

i have the vinyl, i'll sell you mine for 1 miiiiiiiilllllion dollars.

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

:)

Mez, if your after it, ill ask prowla.

Either him or redski will have a copy floating around.

pm me, ill be swinging past this is it in the next few weeks for a chat

lol headlock

and anticeptik you have a pm ;)

afterhours an you could say that im nocturnal... :) just wanted to say that

bigg fan of south aus hip hop!! AYY LADDS ;)

i know these guys aren't Oz...and there's not really much point starting an NZ Hip Hop thread because well...there's not that many of them...but i'm a fan of:

Scribe

FL/ Con Psy (front man of Front Line)

Mareko

Deceptikonz

P-Money

And the aus guys i'm a fan of are:

Hilltop Hoods

Bliss n Eso

Hyjak n Torcha

Phrase

Funkoars

Pegz

I use to work with one of the guys from Mindfield and I really enjoy their stuff and I'm not a big Hip Hop fan.

I also enjoy Hill Tops and dont mind Funk Oars..

After going to the Terra Firma gig the other week, I cant really say I am a fan of theirs.. :(

just wasnt up to scratch IMO

a small list of what i listen to most:

pegs

after hours

the herd

urthboy

the tounge

bias b

hilltop

terra firma

lyrical commision

tapegun

knights of the park table

matty b

soloman theta

muph n plutonic

herbivors

tzu

aussie battler

not a big fan of bliss n eso, not really sure why

from NZ i liked listening to scribes first album but i think hes sold out abit in his latest one, guess some people will argue hilltop have done the same but oh well.

nobody's singing praises for 'Damo'? wonder why?

more of a fan of mc f*ckeverybody lol

oars win, drapht vents def wish cast pegz well pretty much everything on cutlure of kings two. use to rock out to after hours (+1 headlock radio adelaide days, still doing that shit?) so many in oz with a awesome party beats and cool lyrics!