Sign in to follow this  
EastCoastCustoms

EOI - 1JZ/ 2JZ conversion packages

hey guys

we are considering producing our 1jz conversion packages on a bit larger basis pending interest

kits will come with the following

aftermarket engine mounts and brackets - bolt these onto your 1jz/ 2jz and drop onto existing crossmember

gbox mount

custom bolt on throttle cable

and an optional extra - we may also provide custom 1 piece tailshafts to suit

essentially, this includes all the mounting hardware to drop it into your car sitting properly :D sits it nice and low, and as far back as practical :D we are using this mounting kit in our own drift car, which we have used as R&D for this package for others

will be able to produce these kits for s13/14/15, r32 & r33 :D

is there enough demand from people for these kits???

i know the guys in the US sell similar kits for $1500 US + exhange crossmember

for our kits inc throttle cable, it will be roughly $1200

good price!!!! my 2jz r32 drift car project atm cost me 1500 for all mounts n shiit

how much would labour cost (very roughly) to get the 1/2jz to fit in an s13 with an sr20det in it? when my engine blows id be real keen on a jz given that it doesnt cost +2k to install.

with out mounting packages, the install itself isnt the expensive part

the expense in doin the 1jz / 2jz conversion into your nissans is all the custom bits you need

aka - re routing fuel lines, custom tailshaft, generally a hi mount turbo setup (so manifold, turbo, gate), custom dump / front pipe and exhaust mods, custom intercooler piping, custom radiator setup + thermos

our mounting kits takes the hard work out of the install and saves a lot of labour $$$$ - as youc opuld buy our kit, install yourself, then if cant finish yourself, get it towed to a shop to finish and save yourselves $$$$$$$$$$$$ on labour

obviosuly with all the other ancillaries though, there is cheap and expensive ways to do them and it can be done on a budget or done properly the first time

hmmmm could be interested for sure..

price wit tailshaft??

i'd be interested this sounds like an awesome idea... don't no why someone hasn't done it before...

Yeah man i'd be interested!! My ca is on borrowed time anywayz.. so its only a matter of time before i'll upgrade

Very Interested in a 2JZ conversion for my R32 GTST. Have toying with the idea for a while but didn't know who to get to do it.

i know a few people who would be very intrested in this.

i could put together kits for 26 into those cars if possible- but it generally is more of a bolt on affair with the nissan stuff so would really negate the need for a kit?

the toyota motors into nissan requires a lot of custom fab to just get the stuff sitting in there - hence the reason we can make a kit to take the headache out of this conversion for people :D

so for s13 for now -- how many people would be interested in a kit ??????? aka - willing to but within the next month or so? these kits are in production ATM regardless of interest but jsut so i know how quick to get this goin :P

... don't no why someone hasn't done it before...

hahhaha, cause its a fark load of work... i did this conversion a few years ago and it took a solid month, just to mount the engine!!! ! i know Rob and the boys at ECC have put a lot of time and effort into this kit, so no doubt it will be awesome - and sooo worth the money... my next S13 will get a 2J, so i'll definitely been keen to see the out come of this thread.. id be so happy for someone else to do the mounting work for me next time :D

could you get a s13/180 powered with a 2jz road legal?

could you get a s13/180 powered with a 2jz road legal?

Yes you can, but rules (and cost $$$) vary state by state.

Contact your local road traffic authority for a list of approved engineers, then speak to them about it.

If I still had my 180 id be up for it! :woot:.......although you can get 2jz conversion kits for the s2000 from the US....hmmmmm :woot:

If I still had my 180 id be up for it! :woot:.......although you can get 2jz conversion kits for the s2000 from the US....hmmmmm :woot:

LOL a sk2 with a 2jz would absolutly motor along, would be NUTZ

so the 1200 includes the tail shaft?

im presuming the setup is to suit a ca18 x member aswell?

i made my own mounts and stuff... there was a guy in ipswich doing them aswell but not sure if he still does them... good to see someone producing them again

Pete

ps. id also recommend any one thats doing it to find a r154 gearbox with the remote shifter setup as it sits basically in the standard shifter position... just have to slightly cut the gearbox tunnel so the brackets for the remote shifter can come through... if u get a normal r154 the shifter sits fairly far forward (about 4" forward compared to a stock shifter from a nissan)

yes the remote shifter r154 box is ideal for the conversion :D:D

the $1200 does not include tailshaft

What a shame you couldn't find one for your drift car :P

P.s The guys in the us are now selling shifter extensions for normal r154s ;)

http://www.2jzswap.com

More Importantly they are also selling plug and play harnesses for 450......

P.P.s my car won't be back for a very long time :( :( Zero Zero funds, however will be fixing u guys up next week :)

Interested. I dont know alot about the 1JZ so I have a few Q's if anyone doesnt mind answering.

Q1. How much is a 1JZ half cut?

Q2. I hear they mostly come in auto.. What will bolt up and how much?

Q3. Will the factory speedo, AC etc still work?

Q4. Whats the weight difference between the 1JZ to the CA/SR?

Q5. What diameter turbo back system is typicla for a 1JZ (I like the Cat back iI have :lol:)

Q6. Whats the approx total for the mount kit, tail shaft, wiring etc... roll in roll out.

Sorry for all the Questions its just that before I commit I wanna know whats involved and the total cost. If the total is reachable then you can definatly count me in.

Thanks and goodluck with your kit sales.

Interested. I dont know alot about the 1JZ so I have a few Q's if anyone doesnt mind answering.

Q5. What diameter turbo back system is typicla for a 1JZ (I like the Cat back iI have :lol:)

Q6. Whats the approx total for the mount kit, tail shaft, wiring etc... roll in roll out.

Sorry for all the Questions its just that before I commit I wanna know whats involved and the total cost. If the total is reachable then you can definatly count me in.

Thanks and goodluck with your kit sales.

You won't come out the other end with much change from $10-$15k I wouldn't think.

Chaser Halfcuts manual with the Front Sump Required for the conversion i got mine for $4000

Soarer and supra 1jz cuts are not compaitble due to the rear sump fouling on the crossmember. However if you fit a chaser or aristo 2jz sump (yes the 2jz sumps are interchangeable) you can use a soarer or supra cut.

R154, W58 (not recommended as the can't handle the torque)

R154 gearbox alone you can find for around $1500 if your lucky

You can make the factory speedo work with stuff from www.dakotadigital.com they also supply the guys from www.2jzswap.com with these parts.

A/C no reason this can't work with the right money.

1JZ motor + box comes in at around 300kg

CA + box comes in at around 200kg

I'm not 100% sure on these weights so someone feel free to correct me

3" is the minimum, you can make it work with the silvia catbacks, but remember your dump has to cross over underneath the tailshaft due to the turbo being on the other side.

Your looking around at least 15k for this excluding the Half cut cost.

You need a single turbo kit as well because the twins come to close to the clutch and brake cylinders and cause extreme brake fade and soggy clutch due to excess heat off the dump pipes.

I can pm you a list of everything required to do this conversion, but the list ends up being 2 pages long almost.

Btw you can't notice the weight over the front end, the car drives insanely well, there is torque on tap from basically anywhere in the rev range, i can put my foot down and 5th at 1200rpm and it will happily rev smoothly and pickup speed without any complaints.

Anything else you need to know just ask :)

Hope that helps :)

this is an interesting thread. i currently own a JZA70 Supra (1JZ + R154) with a big turbo and am in love with my car but its getting a little old. the wheelworx S15 build has inspired me to carry my love of this driveline over to something newer and nimble (S15 fits the bill perfectly).

when i get back from overseas at the end of this year hopefully these mounting kits have progressed because i might sure as hell be interested in one :D

yea id be keen on the kit an have a mate that would prob be interested also

I'm very keen to get into this build!

I just havn't researched much about it was just wondering rough price for the rest of it like re-routing lines, wiring etc.

Also would i be able to get answers to any question I may have during the build process?

EDIT: found answer to cost question.

Sign in to follow this