Sign in to follow this  
level_100%_warned

DC2R Vs. DC5R

depends on the driver.

Personally i love the DC5r (durr). But stock for stock i'd say the DC2r has it all over the DC5r... but when you start moding them, i think the DC5r has alot more potential

DC2R

is my preference, kills DC5R

well depends on driver

dc2r is much nicer in my opinion. hey i heard that the Australian released Dc5r is a Type S in japan :S

Sadly it's closer mechanically to the US market Acura RSX Type S

Come on i have a dc5 type R. the dc5 has more tunning potential, there faster, look better, you can gain more power when slapping on exhaust systems and air intakes its a 2ltr with more advanced technology how can you say the dc2r is better?

The DC2R is dynamically a far superior car.

If you are a driver... You'll prefer the DC2R

If you are a poser... You'll prefer the DC5

Quite a harsh statement there don't you think? LOL

If you like a pure track sort car sort of feel - DC2R

If you like a sports car with abit of looks and comfort - DC5R

The DC2R feels like a RWD sometimes lol.

sorry havnt read the thread but..

from what i know.. the DC5 Type R's are not real Type R's.. they are badged Type S in Japan

However the DC2's are the same

So my pick is DC2..

dc5r - looks nicer, better interior, lost the "type-r spirit" :rolleyes:

dc2r - goes harder, lighter, "type-r" actually means something with this car

if you wanna know which one is better, go and test drive them!!! find out for yourself, as you will have different tastes and preferences to most people

ozhonda should be fine for these questions, it sucks that ns is a fkn honda forum now too :rolleyes:

too many cocky *milkshakes* on ozhonda.... its good to see ns.com is going into all car cultures

i think there is a couple of ozhonder guys on this forum as wel.l. but if you dont like ozhonda, try clubitr.com.au

btw, dc2r hasnt been downtuned that much in au, the engine has very minor differences, like 7kw difference. cosmetically only the front lights and rims. JDM has 16" and we have 15". otherwise AUDM DC2R is the closest integra to Jap

on the otherhand DC5R has been downtuned a lot, brakes, power, crappy rims. to me it almost doesnt seem worth getting DC5R in australia.

AUDM DC5R is just a normal Integra with a DE-TUNED TYPE R K20A in it. JDM DC5R is the TRUE Type R (tho good luck trying to get one imported and complied)

AUDM DC2R is the same as a JDM DC2R with a DE-TUNED B18C7 in it im pretty sure.

Unless you drive both of them the debate of "which one is better" will keep going and going.

Personally, for the price of most DC2R's out there, i would pay the extra 4k for a DC5R as its newer and cleaner and has the same sort of aftermarket support as the B18C7

DC2R > DC5R power wise and was built for track.

DC5R > DC2R looks wise and was built for track too but not as much as the DC2R. So maybe streetish.

DC5R = more expensive in parts.

DC2R = cheaper!

dc2r anyday! Sports car so it feels like one! looks like one! handles like one! goes like n/a one altho i prefer my turbos lol so im leaving before i get sprayed -)

The K20 of the DC5 has more potential but that's about all that is going for the DC5 in a race car preparation aspect (comfort/street-ability aspects aside)

The macpherson strut suspension and firewall mounted steering rack set up on the DC5 (and pretty much the entire range of honda's in that generation including the EP3 [civic type R]) is much more difficult to work with and generally require lots of fabrication work to get right. Dial in too much neg camber with the strut tops and then you'll need shorter tie rods... Lower the car too much and you have quite a lot of clearance issues.

B18's are getting pretty old now and most of these would be getting pretty tired, K20 is definitely a stronger engine internally and is better in almost every aspect. B series frontal exhaust set up (curls under the sump and then continues back) is a pain in the arse in my opinion, its much better to have ITB's mounted where the air is entering the car which is what the K series will allow.

So really, the ultimate would be a K series in a DC2 chassis.

Edited by tezwa

I've had both, tell us what you want, do you want a nice daily that's gots some poke with a nice vtec sound? Or track bread machine that lacks a little in power.

They are both good cars but both very different.

Dc2r is fun and nice to drive, nimble but so outdated.

Dc5r is an water sum street car but without suspension work wouldn't be a track warrior but on the other hand has one of the best engines Honda has made and styling to suit. If ya want a fast car that will help you get layer you can't go wrong with a dc5r lol. Interior is snick to!

The K20 of the DC5 has more potential but that's about all that is going for the DC5 in a race car preparation aspect (comfort/street-ability aspects aside)

The macpherson strut suspension and firewall mounted steering rack set up on the DC5 (and pretty much the entire range of honda's in that generation including the EP3 [civic type R]) is much more difficult to work with and generally require lots of fabrication work to get right. Dial in too much neg camber with the strut tops and then you'll need shorter tie rods... Lower the car too much and you have quite a lot of clearance issues.

B18's are getting pretty old now and most of these would be getting pretty tired, K20 is definitely a stronger engine internally and is better in almost every aspect. B series frontal exhaust set up (curls under the sump and then continues back) is a pain in the arse in my opinion, its much better to have ITB's mounted where the air is entering the car which is what the K series will allow.

So really, the ultimate would be a K series in a DC2 chassis.

Plus 1 for track!

Drove a supercharged dc5r and that was a world of fun.

Dc2r interior is a let down.

hondas are for ppl who cant handle turbo's.

OMG vtecccccCCCCC!!!

s is one of the lamest things Honda haters always say. Throw and type of boost at a Honda motor part for part over other motors and it'll make a lot more power. I had Hondas and went to an s15 purely because of the look of the car and a nice buy. Hands down I would boost a Honda motor. The funny thing is go to track days and you will see eg civics with k20 s topping the time sheets every time.

Haters gunna hate!

You do realise the original post was from 2008 and the last post was from Jan?

You do realise the original post was from 2008 and the last post was from Jan?

What's your point? Should I not post?

It oesnt get any shorter than spelling yes. EADIK