Sign in to follow this  
level_100%_warned

K20A Vs. K24A

Planning my project car... which will most likely be a K20A or a K24A EG civic....

just wondering which one is better in terms of price, modifying, installation and performance???

K20A or K24A???

i work at honda, i can get you a k24a with 5,000 k's cheap, needs new rods and valves though lol

Get a nissan :lol:

nah jk... lol

k24a will offer more torque but I reckon stick with the k20a. No problem with high cam profiles and 8k revs are fun.

imo

i work at honda, i can get you a k24a with 5,000 k's cheap, needs new rods and valves though lol

i'm just planning stuff....

all talk for me atm.... just gathering as much information as i can before i buy anything... not really sure what to get :(... but most likely will be making something like a K series EG :D

may not do it till like i get off my P's just to stay a law abiding citizen.... :D.... but on the otherhand how cheap can you get that engine for???

i've heard you can get cheap mounts from HASPORT for like 900 bucks :D

i was also tossing up between a nissan GTiR as well but its a high powered car and i don't want much attention :( damn P plate laws

If you want to do it right with all the right gear, it's not gonna be cheap. Dont think you got much change from 10k.

unless you are sourcing from audm dc5 for your k20a... i believe they are rated lower power than jdm k20a, lower comp ratio, not sure if it has short gear ratio, lsd?

And u need hondata to run. Everything adds up money.

Or call up Jdmyard and ask how much would it cost. They have done an eg k20a and now sporting an eg k24a.

I knew you were a closet ricer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dim8ovQgGHM...feature=related

Why not the prelude engine? The H22a? (or something huh huh)

Seems like the most common upgrade from what I've seen on youtube (perhaps because it's the easiest/most logical) - there is an instructional video by some NZ guy if you can be arsed looking

Seems like the most common upgrade from what I've seen on youtube (perhaps because it's the easiest/most logical) - there is an instructional video by some NZ guy if you can be arsed looking

that was actually my option in the event where i just cbf saving.... :D

but i got plenty of time till i get off my p's so i was thinking of just saving as much money as i can....

who knows newer better and cheaper ideas might come out

wat the heavens is going on from say 60km/h - 100 :blink: talk about a massive jump!

found that vid you were talking about...

wat the heavens is going on from say 60km/h - 100 :blink: talk about a massive jump!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!!!

VTEC Y0!! hehe

The jump from 60-100 was wheel spin...

You see that it literally hits a wall at 6500rpm in 5th (which is a fair effort), that it can't got past...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!!!

VTEC Y0!! hehe

The jump from 60-100 was wheel spin...

You see that it literally hits a wall at 6500rpm in 5th (which is a fair effort), that it can't got past...

no torque, but then again its a vtec :P