Sign in to follow this  
loz

HARDTUNED.NET NEW SITE: ERROR REPORTING

Hey Guys,

Well we have moved to the new site...

Our job is only half way there though, as we no doubt will have a tonne of changes to make over the next week.

Post your issues here!

regards,

loz

If you notice any of the 'fixed' issues still occuring please reply to this thread and let us know.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:

1. Graphical: Font sizes in the input boxes and member profiles are a bit off. This is being caused by the order the include scripts are being executed.
  2. Graphical: Mazdatuned.com has the wrong logo (.com.au)

ISSUES FIXED (MAY NEED A BROWSER REFRESH):

1. Functionality: Menus all linked to nissansilvia.com.
  2. Graphical: Front page menu .js files.
  3. Graphical: Music and Games sections are now linked correctly.
  4. Graphical: "Last Viewed Post" orange box not functioning correctly.
  5. Graphical: "Jump To Page" Dropdown Unclickable (Top of the page only).
  6. Functionality: Polls now work.
  7. Functionality: Java multi-uploader does not work. Note, this IS somewhat slow, this is a limitation of invision board.
  8. Functionality: You get logged out when using the other sites except nissansilvia.com. The cookies are not persisting.
  9. Functionality: Breadcrumbs do not appear in IE. They are under the top banner ad.
  10. Functionality: Using quick edit does not work correctly. The post gets edited but the page doesn't reload as it should.
  11. Functionality: When sending PMs, you cannot click on the subject box, you have to tab to it.
  12. Functionality: Top level breadcrumb is not clickable.
  13. Functionality: Post tab in member profiles does not work.
  14. Functionality: Front page article glitches, posts not transferring to front page.
  15. Functionality: CAPTCHA (verification image) does not display on change email page.
  16. Functionality: Can't embed youtube links in posts.
  17. Functionality: Embedded image thumbnails appear, however the full size link does not display. This is being caused by the compression engine.
  18. Functionality: When creating a PM or Post in IE 6/7 the screen gets stretched and posting is impossible.

This list will be continually updated as we fix more issues. -m3rls

Its slow.. but as u said to me, most people downloading the images

iv found ruffly after 10mins it goes faster..

so far so good :D ..

very nice Lozzzzyyyy!

loz .. 2007 or 2008? lol :P sorry i had 2

Cant click "Nissan Silvia" in top menu that displays all the pages to get to your current page that normally takes you back to the main menu

:thumbsup:

1. The Nav link that used to show beneath the "Logged in as:.." line is no longer there, makes going back to previous page annoying cos you gotta go find it from the root menu and navigate through again, do you know the bit I'm talking about? I haven't explained it very well :blush:

2. Pink Pedals not in Local -> QLD, yet Pretty Motorsport is in the Local -> SA section, i'm assuimg it just hasn't been restored yet?...or or is it gone? :huh:

3. Personal Profile page is breaking cos font classes for certain texts are too big, same thing happens in the WYSWIG(sp?) editor, the font size of the drop down item labels....

:)

You mean this ADAMSCH? http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/

yeh but at work i just click Nissan Silvia as a short cut :lol:

Although, its prob just a short time glitch with all the new links in the submenus

Also when I edit in "Quick Edit", after editing and clicking "Complete Edit", it just loads and loads, but if i open a new window and see page, its already edited.

if i'm in another section (for example the skyline gt) and i click local forums > qld, is it meant to link to nissansilvia???? or is that just the background :S that changes ( i recall you said theres only going to be one section to cover all the accumalated sites)

also www.hardtuned.net not running yet??? (as in if i type that into the address bar it goes to msn search)

You mean this ADAMSCH? http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/

yeh but at work i just click Nissan Silvia as a short cut :lol:

Sites running fine for me in terms of speed though.

only way iv found to get to that is going to euro then clicking general and it brings u to http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/ that main page of nissan silvia ..

but when u think about it 1 think 1 reason why u cant access that page now because when u look up the top everything is up there to click

same goes with all the sections? ..

attachment files such as pictures are not opening when clicked >_

im also having this same problem

loz get of ur ass and fix it B4 i sack ya

also come past and bring me some food

when sending a pm i cant click in to the subject box i have to tab in to it,

attachment files such as pictures are not opening when clicked >_

im also having this same problem

loz get of ur ass and fix it B4 i sack ya

also come past and bring me some food

same problem here. other than that seems fine

Platinum PPI's sponsor forum is gone, returns error instead of their listings.

Hey loz a simple tidbit,

the mazdatuned forum logo has mazdatuned.com.au instead of just mazdatuned.com

workin out the kinks, I know.

Lookin good so far.

the 4 smiley face icons on the left hand side of the menu don't appear to work.

photos/images that have been added to ads do not expand when clicked on to be viewed. following message has been received when trying to view a picture;

'The image “http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=130705” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.'

navigation tree is not visible

normally it was where the "IMPORTANT MESSAGE: WE ARE STILL IN A BETA TESTING PHASE -> PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS HERE" section is

so if you were in general chat it would be Nissansilvia.com - Forums - Nissansilvia.com - General Chat

and you could click on each way to make your way back through to various points in the navigation tree

can this be reimplemented?

dude, ijust an idea cuz it doesnt make sense... if you want to integrate the sites properly, each car site should have seperate local forums to each other, like atm if your in the gtroc site and click on qld, and it takes you to ns qld section.... should have its own gtr qld forum i reckon.... or at least maek the local sections not car specific if you know what i mean..

Edited by gravy

normally it was where the "IMPORTANT MESSAGE: WE ARE STILL IN A BETA TESTING PHASE -> PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS HERE" section is

so if you were in general chat it would be Nissansilvia.com - Forums - Nissansilvia.com - General Chat

and you could click on each way to make your way back through to various points in the navigation tree

download firefox... thats an IE speicifc issue

Not sure if these have been mentioned, but . . .

*When entering into subtopics at the top where you would get: "Nissan Silvia > ADMIN & HELP > **HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN /ERRORS?**"

"Nissan Silvia" does not link back to the index of the forum.

*The background of the buttons (Fast Reply, Add Reply, New Topic, etc) are not transparent, they are white.

*When entering a subforum and getting the location at the top (eg: "Nissan Silvia > ADMIN & HELP > **HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN /ERRORS?**") the text is black, which on the dark blue banner makes it difficult to read.

*Not 100% on this one, but QUICK EDITING a post doesnt work, when you press COMPLETE EDIT, it DOES edit the post, but it doesnt load properly.

Loz, did you say people are able to revert back between the old layout and the new layout?

dude, ijust an idea cuz it doesnt make sense... if you want to integrate the sites properly, each car site should have seperate local forums to each other, like atm if your in the gtroc site and click on qld, and it takes you to ns qld section.... should have its own gtr qld forum i reckon.... or at least maek the local sections not car specific if you know what i mean..

maybe in future. that would also mean over 500 forums which would be EXTREMELY hard to moderate and result in alot of "dead" forums.

Loz, did you say people are able to revert back between the old layout and the new layout?

Cheers for the input Gabba,

nup. we moved to a completely new version of the forums , which unfortunately has no legacy support for the old version.

Sorry Loz, thought I'd post it in here as well.

Is the address www.hardtuned.net supposed to re-direct or is that not happening yet?

There doesnt seem to be a domain of that description.

that would also mean over 500 forums which would be EXTREMELY hard to moderate and result in alot of "dead" forums.

loz i personally dont think thats a good idea

we will have way to many dead sections of the forum

beter of keeping it the way it is

Sorry Loz, thought I'd post it in here as well.

Is the address www.hardtuned.net supposed to re-direct or is that not happening yet?

There doesnt seem to be a domain of that description.

haven't set up that domain yet...

still deciding what to do with it!

maybe in future. that would also mean over 500 forums which would be EXTREMELY hard to moderate and result in alot of "dead" forums.

loz i personally dont think thats a good idea

we will have way to many dead sections of the forum

beter of keeping it the way it is

or make the general, local, lifestyle and classified sections under the hardtuned banner instead of the nissansilvia??....

an found a bug for ya.... when you quick edit a post, and click complete edit, it just goes to a blank page, doesnt reload the thread properly... ie7 vista.

Edited by gravy

has worked with ie6 at work and ie7 at home up untill this update

surely it can be added?

im not talking about the dropdowns

im saying as you go deeper into one subforum it shows the heirachy youve progressed through along the way which you could just click on to take one step back

as atm you have to goto each main subsection to then start again

has worked with ie6 at work and ie7 at home up untill this update

surely it can be added?

im not talking about the dropdowns

im saying as you go deeper into one subforum it shows the heirachy youve progressed through along the way which you could just click on to take one step back

as atm you have to goto each main subsection to then start again

it's just a CSS issue in IE . i know the problem and will fix it... i just dont understand why you would use a crap browser like IE when ya have the choice of Firefox ;)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this