Sign in to follow this  
51CAZ

PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM

Just thought I'd post a quick welcome to our newest additions in the QLD section of bakatono and HOJ11 as official photographers to help out ol Mike with the QLD end of the events scale.

Lookin forward to seeing more of their work as well!

oh and welcome to the campaign Mike....I see you found our little photography forum.

Vote 1 Mike Coppola for photography forum to be moderator! :yes:

the after the process of mixing 3 shots, begs my question, when does photography stop and photoshop start in the photo taking process??

Agreed :)

Or any heavy processing of any shots..

my only last comment is (and i know ill start a shit fight...)

the after the process of mixing 3 shots, begs my question, when does photography stop and photoshop start in the photo taking process??

That should be the first forum topic.. and a heated one i am sure it will be

M

:lol: :lol: the age old debate... im going to leave my comments for when the forum kicks off, we can have a 500 page thread about it... :P

great to see you in here, an great photos you have on your portfolio, looking forward to seeing some more shoots.. :)

..and you gotta just keep poking loz till he gives in(is it there yet?? is it there yet?? is it there yet??...)... jks :P

I honestly cant remember now..

Was it cameltoe or clubmanc who posted his work(website) earlier, before all the posts got deleted?

cameltoe ;)

Just thought I'd post a quick welcome to our newest additions in the QLD section of bakatono and HOJ11 as official photographers to help out ol Mike with the QLD end of the events scale.

Lookin forward to seeing more of their work as well!

oh and welcome to the campaign Mike....I see you found our little photography forum.

Vote 1 Mike Coppola for photography forum to be moderator! :yes:

ahh great choice.... congrats babatono and HOJ11......... looking forward to seeing some sick photos of all the events and days and nights at the track that our new organisers will be putting together, its really awesome to see HT really stepping out from the interweb into the real world... in time, the potential is astronomical.....

ive got a funny vibe that the forum is just around the corner, we've had so so much more response than i expected... this is going to be a great happening section of Hardtuned..... i cant wait ;)

Edited by gravy

Yeh Coppolla would be a great mod! and after all being official ns.com photographer who else would be fit for the job!

I honestly cant remember now..

Was it cameltoe or clubmanc who posted his work(website) earlier, before all the posts got deleted?

I said something about "were you on the canon forums"

Who was it? And can you give me that link please?

hmm sorry i just cant remember or find that link :(

its www.jackietran.myphotoalbum.com :woot: sorry about the temp site, new website in the process atm, will move portfolios onto there asap for clients, sigh

and regarding what Mikey said, even though hes gay :yes::wub: , yeah i agree with the increasing reliance upon Photoshop to improve one's pics

take Sir_Revalot on ozhonda forums for example, who advocates and always suggests HDR use for this photo and that - why cant u learn to take a proper exposure or with the use of various filters LOL - thats the joy and learning experience in photography - not learning how to use photoshop more

and regarding merging several pics together to get a good average - its not so bad, I do the same in the film developing lab with the chemicals and a few shots together. Same as sharpening in the film days, not many ppl here know that in order to sharpen a print u have to merge or 'sandwich' some same pics together or something - man that was hard for me, never got the hang of that one.

so in conclusion - HDR can be a useful tool sometimes to recover burnt or loss of highlights - but its not a new medium for photography and doest not make u a better photographer, just very competent at photoshopping.

Also, did u know that Mike is the official photographer of Mardi Gras for the past 3 yrs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi... here a couple of pics from my collection.

Camera is a 400d with twin lens kit.

DSC_0014.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_8628.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

:( Poor charade....

Edited by _NSA_

I am all for a full on photography section. I am a motorsports photographer, shoot drift, the drags, circuit, pretty much anything. I also do feature shoots.

My site and details are in my signature.

Examples:

IMGP3460.jpg

IMGP2950.jpg

IMGP7179.jpg

IMGP1283.jpg

IMGP7812.jpg

IMGP7909.jpg

IMGP8432.jpg

Night-Cruise-17.jpg

Night-Cruise-21.jpg

Hey guys,

My girlfriend is a photographer well studying to be, she goes to RMIT in the city. She hasn't done cars yet but some of her personal work is on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/Tantari_photography

I went to school with her older sister/s I think. She has a definate gift. I've seen some of her wedding work from around Launceston.

cheers for the compliments guys!

Rob: although that lens is speculation, they dont have any lens in their portrait range that has VR mechanism or ED glass. one of the photos i took at the recent meet was shagged (and hence not uploaded) from bad chromatic abberation/purple fringing because of the lack of ED glass in the 50mm. f1.2 would be nice as well. i wonder if canon have any special 'ED' style glass in their portrait lenses?

to be honest i barely know how to use photoshop compared to some folks, and am happy to keep it that way as i think im a bit of a purist on this one.

Clubmanmc: cheers - you're spot on, 25th for most of the shots, i didnt want to push the iso higher as i dont have the most recent camera body. this will change soon. i think the shots are a little oversharpened cause they come up differently on the lcds at work... oh well

just got a new lens today for my 400D to replace the original kit lens, got a tamron 17-50mm f2.8

haven't had much of a chance to take any photos or plan anything but i took it with me when i went to wash the car to try it out:

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5024-Edit.jpg

How much did you buy the 17-50mm lens for?

Lens deff looks sharp!!

far out... nice lens... i think they're about the $500 mark....... damet i need(or want) a new lens so bad... :(

OK

the good news is

A Loz has given in there will be a photo forum...

in the next few days,

however i dont think it needs to be moderated by one person

i think it should be self moderated...

It will be the only forum i DONT want to moderate...

but let it be known that if some one starts to bag a photographer / model / subject they will be delt with harshly..

Photography is subjective....

and Cameltoe.. yes i do the mardi gra and i am gay, ut you are such a great teacher... thanks for all the help... i am still amazed that you dont have a gag relfex... (i one day aspire to that... )

M

Wow...

been telling loz to do this for 18 months...

would like there to be a Q and A section...

i been doing loz sexual (picture favours) since 2004...

now i have all canon gear

30D x2, 40D, 1D Mark II

50mm F1.8

28-70 F2.8L

70-200 F2.8L

100-400 F4.5-5.6 LIS

10-22 F3.5-4.5 EFS

580EX II

580EX

420EX

and some filters and stuff...

i have a very nice Manfrotto tripod and more...

you can see my favorites here

http://www.pbase.com/mcphotographics/favorites

and much more work on the site..

i been quiet recently as i have been doing more model and portfolio work

i have been seen in Fast Fours Autosalon Hot Fours and more...

LOZ MAKE A FORUM

love the night pans dude, look like a 40th or a 25th nice steady hand!

keep it up guys...

M

so jealous.. wish i had the 40d!!

hmm sihg one day!!

ROFLMAO all that gear and your jealous of my 40D....

google EOS 1D Mark II and start to drool...

M

OK

the good news is

A Loz has given in there will be a photo forum...

in the next few days,

however i dont think it needs to be moderated by one person

i think it should be self moderated...

It will be the only forum i DONT want to moderate...

but let it be known that if some one starts to bag a photographer / model / subject they will be delt with harshly..

Photography is subjective....

and Cameltoe.. yes i do the mardi gra and i am gay, ut you are such a great teacher... thanks for all the help... i am still amazed that you dont have a gag relfex... (i one day aspire to that... )

M

WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhh thats so awesome, thanks clubmanmc....and good work everyone who posted in here....

big thanks goes to 51CAZ as well......

i agree with the self moderation idea, lets give it a go.......

...... thats weird, i said just last night that i had a vibe it was just around the corner.... :D

Edited by gravy

Awesome! i really think having support of Michael really pushed loz over the line to open up a photographer forum. and the addition of the two guys to the QLD event coverage team. great work..

Well even though self moderation is good.. but you still need a hand of authority around to make sure no bad sh*t goes around, and well just general clean ups and whatnot.

Hoooorayy!!! photography forum :D HTPC hard tuned photography crew :D

cheers for the compliments guys!

Clubmanmc: cheers - you're spot on, 25th for most of the shots, i didnt want to push the iso higher as i dont have the most recent camera body. this will change soon. i think the shots are a little oversharpened cause they come up differently on the lcds at work... oh well

night time stuff is very very tricky,

once you get past the headlights blinding you and tricking auto focus as well...

i was at a HQ race at Mallala semi well lit shooting 40th F2.8 at ISO 1250 or 1000 with a 70-200 panning at about 150mm, the results are good some are awesome.. but its not an easy task... but when you get it right it is awesome!!

keep the pics coming guys...

M

080517ShannonsNationals822.jpg

080517ShannonsNationals853.jpg

080517ShannonsNationals952.jpg

Here is a few from a shoot i did a few weeks ago...

they have been over sharpened by my action that miniaturises them,

ill be doing another shoot like this one tomorrow...

M

080420_Addora_091.JPG

080420_Addora_097___Copy.JPG

080420_Addora_272___Copy.JPG

080420_Addora_275___Copy.JPG

080420_Addora_277.JPG

080420_Addora_309.JPG

080420_Addora_310___Copy.JPG

i got the lens for $550 @ JB hifi, they advertised at 667 but lowest i could get them to go was $550 =/

very nice lens, the only downfall is it has a noisy motor! i was quite suprised when i first tried and heard the focus motor.

i'm about to get another lens this week, the canon EF 100mm f2.8 so can't wait to use that for some shots. gotta load myself up on some filters, etc. and i want to get a remote switch so i can do like super long exposures, like 20min exposures. haha

i think i'm going to spend my weekend taking photos with this new lens!

Should try here for the future, they are the cheapest that I can find for all of the stuff that I want...

Link

Should try here for the future, they are the cheapest that I can find for all of the stuff that I want...

Link

ahhh sweet, thanks for posting that up again, was just about to ask you for it... :)

Wow...

been telling loz to do this for 18 months...

would like there to be a Q and A section...

i been doing loz sexual (picture favours) since 2004...

now i have all canon gear

30D x2, 40D, 1D Mark II

50mm F1.8

28-70 F2.8L

70-200 F2.8L

100-400 F4.5-5.6 LIS

10-22 F3.5-4.5 EFS

580EX II

580EX

420EX

and some filters and stuff...

i have a very nice Manfrotto tripod and more...

you can see my favorites here

http://www.pbase.com/mcphotographics/favorites

and much more work on the site..

i been quiet recently as i have been doing more model and portfolio work

i have been seen in Fast Fours Autosalon Hot Fours and more...

LOZ MAKE A FORUM

love the night pans dude, look like a 40th or a 25th nice steady hand!

keep it up guys...

M

so jealous.. wish i had the 40d!!

hmm sihg one day!!

ROFLMAO all that gear and your jealous of my 40D....

google EOS 1D Mark II and start to drool...

M

HAHAHH i know i know..

Well theres no way i can afford the 1D!!

in the near future i wish to upgrade to the 40d!!

WOOT we get our own section YAY!! very excited!!

gd work team!!

i got the lens for $550 @ JB hifi, they advertised at 667 but lowest i could get them to go was $550 =/

very nice lens, the only downfall is it has a noisy motor! i was quite suprised when i first tried and heard the focus motor.

i'm about to get another lens this week, the canon EF 100mm f2.8 so can't wait to use that for some shots. gotta load myself up on some filters, etc. and i want to get a remote switch so i can do like super long exposures, like 20min exposures. haha

Its not that loud is it?? 550 seems pretty good price esp from a store like jb.. i would have chosen the canon 17-40mm lens tho.. or 17-55.. but the tamron is good tho

Have seen many pictures taken from the 100mm AND They are just supurb.. very good lens

Edit: wait is that the marco lens?? if so, you will love it!! But a bit of the heavy side tho!!

Its not that loud is it?? 550 seems pretty good price esp from a store like jb.. i would have chosen the canon 17-40mm lens tho.. or 17-55.. but the tamron is good tho

Have seen many pictures taken from the 100mm AND They are just supurb.. very good lens

Edit: wait is that the marco lens?? if so, you will love it!! But a bit of the heavy side tho!!

the 17-40 isnt ideal for APSC sized sensors, it works great on full frames like the 5D and film, but with the 1.66 crop factor on say the 400D, its a very weird range, not quite wide and not quite small telephoto :lol:

the 17-55 for smaller sensors is excellent though, very popular with wedding boys, and the tamron is nearly as good, and at more than half the price

went out last night and practised what I was taught in my course :) heres what I got:

IMGP0934smaller.jpg

IMGP0933smaller.jpg

IMGP0932smaller.jpg

hey look! theres me :P

IMGP0931smaller.jpg

IMGP0930smaller.jpg

IMGP0929smaller.jpg

IMGP0928smaller.jpg

IMGP0925smaller.jpg

:)

I like pic 7 and 8!!

Nice work :)

What exposure was taken in the last pic?

Well here are some of mine, im only using the Olympus SP55OUZ (my dads camera, im only 15) savin for my own camera

Super Macro setting:

Tree.jpg

some form RD3 DA Mallala(A lot of them were blurry dunno why they were, [any suggestions, i was sure that it was focused.]):

TRAVKUDAR.jpg

YATES.jpg

TRAV.jpg

PITBULL.jpg

MAYMONKHOUSE.jpg

FINKAPPLETON2.jpg

FINKAPPLETON.jpg

FINK.jpg

bolger2.jpg

AUSTIN.jpg

APPLETON2.jpg

APPLETON.jpg

bolger.jpg

Please let me know what you think, and add any pionters that i can use

Cheers

Brent

PS: i had to resize them, comps fukin slow

^ is that the semi slr type camera??

Just feels like you just pointed and shoot..