Sign in to follow this  
gadget1382

DA Convoy to SA in May

I noticed that there were a few people that were considering a convoy to DA Round 3 in May in a number of different old threads...

I would really like to see this happen, whether it be a fund raiser, or just a bunch of enthusiests all banding together to go watch / support mate's in another state.

I'm going to go either way, but if it were to happen with 20+ cars at the same time, it would be great for photo's, moral and staying awake with the long drive.

Not sure if taking the friday off work is the best idea if choosing to camp or just getting a motel and leave straight after work.

Thoughts?

Interest?

EDIT:*

At this stage:

Meet and greet at 10am at Holford Motors (100 New Street Spotswood) on Friday the 23rd (Have your fuel tanks FULL) CB's will most likely be helpful too... visit dick smiths early.

Leave promptly at 10:30am to go direct to Adelaide

As with most cruises, everyone in this convoy will be held personally responcible for any fines occured and will not condone any Hoon like behaviour. A large group of cars traveling this sort of distance will no doubt attract attention anyway, lets make it positive.

Accomidation to be sorted out (preferably by YOU)

Edited by gadget1382

I'm interested, never been to Adelaide or DA and got a few mates over there I'd like to catch up with.

Be good to cruise over in a pack as well.

Leave whenever, probably after work, drive is about 7 hours isn't it? Get there at 12:00 go out and hit the town!

How far is Mallala from Adelaide?

Hi Guys

would be great to get more interstate supporters coming along!

We have some events that are being organised for the weekend..

Possibly at this stage a cruise a show and shine and an after party!

Make sure you get down to them :) be great to meet you all :)

Kat

Well according to "Whereis" it should take 10 hours or so... last time i went i was there in 8.5hours with a 30min lunch break after leaving at 9 in the mornin.

Mallala isnt that far out of town.

Mel-Adl 6 1/2 - 7hrs with one fuel and 2 piss breaks done many times.

Convoy make it 10hrs at least. I did a 3 car trip and it took much longer then usual.

ill be going over anyway so am keen for the cruse

last time i drove my rexy over to malala there were heaps of speed cameras parked on the side of the road so keep this in mind if yous do cruise up there

Convoy is not designed to speed up the process, but purely to make it more enjoyable and have a heap of ppl to meet / chat with, at every stop.

I anticipate there needing to be 2 stops along the way. Where exactly i do not know... Last trip i did, i was alone on the way there stopped once for fuel when the gauge was low and then kept going.

Whould those that are interested be wanting to leave after work on friday (meet at a point round 6 to then leave) or would you rather leave first thing friday and get there while it's still light? (i need to put in a leave request soon if i want the day off)

pretty sure mooka is trying to make an effort to enter superdrift, so i'll be along for the ride, but i dare say we will be leaving friday morning.

around a 11 hour drive for us.......

After doing the drive more than once i'm going to be flying over if i do head out to Adelaide for DA. Stop offs are probably best at Horsham i think it is.

I've been in a car that's done the drive in under 6 hrs. I'd advise against you guys doing that btw.

And Mallala is approx 30 mins from the city from what i can remember. Doesn't take that long.

holfords team will be leaving friday morning provided there is no practice on the friday

great idea! love to a mega cruise like that... 8 and a half hours you say??!?? took like 10 on the train which was super uncomfortable as well!

have fun

yeh no praccy on the friday so a meet at holford motors in the morning could be the go if anyone is keen to do it that way

Where's Holford Motor's?

What time do people want to leave?

Morning? Lunch?

Do people want the scenic rout (Great ocean road) or the common direct one?

looks like i miss out on yet another round, got a few things planned including a mates 21st..

holfords is just over the west gate in the west subs

leave about 10 am go direct to adelaide get there by 8 no probs

me n the VT are up for the cruze.. donno if i can get the friday off tho

I would say any earlier than 10 would make it a real right royal pain to deal with peak hour traffic going in and out of the city (I'm from the SE).

So say 10 meet for a promp 10:30 leave?

Whats the specific address so i can change the first post?

Whats the specific address so i can change the first post?

Pretty sure the address is 100 New Street Spotswood

im 100% goin now.. i quit my job

At this stage looks as if a minimum of 4 cars will be coming over. :D Hopefully more come along for the ride... pardon the pun.

well including the holfords crew a few more than that make it at least ten cars at this stage

With some luck I'll have my new VE SS-V by then to drive across..

I should have like 2 seats spare but $$$ for petrol is a must.

Hopefully the 6liter doesn't drink too much petrol on the highway.

Friends tell me that their V8's are alot less thursty on the hwy than they are in normal traffic... but i'll be interested to see what sort of "fuel economy" my beast will have this trip over.

Some people i know are camping there... i on the other hand, am under strict instructions from the GF, to have solid walls and a roof.

So I'm looking for a motel near. Some of my SA mates are yet to get back to me with suggested places.