Sign in to follow this  
Zakk

drift practice tonight 10/5

looks like the extra tyre barriers added caused a bit of carnage, how hard did that r31 hit the wall at corner 1 after bouncing off them? phark !!

and one of the RX7's snotted one and ripped of his front spoiler, unfortunately this knocked the last tyre pile out closer to the track and one of those 4door r32's nailed it in the rear quarter...

yeah dont i know it....

ban the tyres i say... put foam blocks or plastic water barries there (minus the water) or rip the f**king grass up and put cement in...

they were to close to the track thats for sure. i was behind simon when he hit and all 4 wheels were still on the track.

the quality of driving seemd to have dropped a little as people are being alot more careful

anyone wif piks

i reckon the tyre wall did more damage then the cost of the grass being ripped up would have been :stretcher:

maybe space them a few more feet back or piss them off alltogether :thumbsup:

Seemed like a good idea in theory but after seeing over 5 cars do them selves damage.....hopefully things are changed before SD/DA...

Ryan

SIK Carnage about time - GO Hard or YES GO HOME!!!

Nah Sorry to hear but Pics would be Super Niceness!!!

Can those that sustained damage from tyre stacks send me details via pm please.

Just rough description of why/which ones you hit and extent of damage

Ta

Leg

DSC_1590.jpg

Rest of my pics currently uploading.

Didnt get many as got dark quick and just wanted to watch. Im over takin pics. Regret not takin my car out. Watchin is boring

Poor Jimmy, he wanted a few more laps than that!!

what happened to JIMMMY?

His engine died. Something wrong with the boost controller caused an issue.

Is Marc Guyatt back? Sorry about spelling. Looks like some good drivers were out,

Simon, Hayden, Jake, Monkhouse, Leg, Christian, Cliff, Marc. Would of been a good show. Whats with the tyres anyway?

Did Brenton make it out in the 81?....I love that f*cking car. That is who owns it now right?

Garry.

Three times i hit the tyre wall, and every time i am confident i wouldnt have gone on the grass.......

these tyres are reducing the quality of driving because no one wants to risk their cars we are seeing slower and later entries...

the tyres are punishing those who are still trying to push themselves harder and improve their driving.....

they are also putting drivers at risk as illustrated by the r31

is putting drivers at risk worth a patch of grass.....

with the damage i sustained i probably could have sponsored that grass patch for a year.....

had a good chat to clem, but to no avail whatsoever....seems happy risking drivers the cars and the quality of driving for the grass patch...

and then one last thing, why was it $95 to practice? mallala web site still says $90 as does the last email sent out May 7th...

Drift Practice at Mallala

practicedamagejb0.th.jpg

ouch :( looks almost as bad as mine and jeff's, Do what leg said and post him a PM. something needs to be done about it and i'm going to try and make it to the next meeting.

p5100024rk6.th.jpg

allready pm'd...i have to try to get mine ready for SD.....as well as fix my broken gearbox, fix my diff and fix my engine!

lol ive got to fix mine for the super 8 drift comp next weekend...

the tyres are ridiculous, they no way need to be that big, as a couple others said last night, 1 or 2 high would still do the job without causing stupid damage to our cars, i know i wont be pushing as hard now cause of them, and im even considering not going to the next few cause of them, cant afford to do any damage. I reckon everyone get on your emails and let clem know we are very dissapointed with this new idea, do it in a professional way of course. Maybe even start a petition? or threaten a boycot of the next practice or something?

Feel so bad for all those that collected them, especially simon with the car being up for sale. Hopefully most of it can be pulled/kicked out and wont be too expensive.

Alan from Alltype reckons 4 hours worth of work to have the panel's straight again and in primer... so if i do make it for this coming weekend it will be in primer on that side with stock rear bar.. but at least the car will go. Oh and i need a new toe arm as the ball joint has gone in mine now... got about 10mm of play lol.

and now for the vid.

So people weren't even leaving the track and hitting the tyres, thats shit :S

Garry.

heres a decent run lol.

im uploading a few more vids atm

Why would they put tyres there in the first place. Thats closer then a gutter on the streets.

People like my self who are still learning to scando will just clean that up, no room for any error.

super 8 drift comp were is the infor on that can someone link me plz.

yay the ke70 tho a rod hence why it was running on 3 and smoke went everywhere lol

its ok tho i have a ca for it :)

some cars even had to go between the tyres and the wall if they got the entry wrong, plenty of close calls. if Clem wants tyres out there, they should at least be up against the concrete wall instead of against the track, he may as well put up an a guard rail. he used to place the tyres against the track when the touring cars were there too, untill Dick Johnson nailed one.

hopfully someone will hit them and get hurt and they will have to put them back.

its how it works thesedays

thanks for the pics adam as usual!

had problems with the car, so only got about 6 laps all night... still coming to terms with some new sus settings, changes, SD should be good though... *off to fix car again...

cheers to peeps i had tandems with... Nicko - was good to finally do skids with ya buddy!!! (even better overtaking you twice!!!! :D )

i love dick, im not gay i swear.....

mallaladriftprac2vm0.jpg

dont let your mates get to your shitbox

thanks for the pic aswell mate! didnt think i did that good this time

Ohhh yeh i had a blast last night

Thanks to adelaide radial tyre for setting my car up, it was sweet.

And those tyre barriers need to go... they are dangerous and pointless!!!!

Cheers for the pics!! :D :D