Sign in to follow this  
Stunn-R

Phuket/Thailand

^^^ get the green ciggarettes that are just leaves rolled up (not weed) frikin last AGES and go down so nias!!!!) locals smoke them

just got on to them... now I know... NOICE!!!! :thumbsup:

tempted to pack a few in my bag and try and dodge customs...

bangla road at night pretty pimp once you get past all the ladyboys... :lol: .... good for the kids too... :ph34r:

open packets of cigarettes..dont have them as cartons..i brought back 6 cartons of smokes this way

^^^ get the green ciggarettes that are just leaves rolled up (not weed) frikin last AGES and go down so nias!!!!) locals smoke them

just got on to them... now I know... NOICE!!!! :thumbsup:

tempted to pack a few in my bag and try and dodge customs...

bangla road at night pretty pimp once you get past all the ladyboys... :lol: .... good for the kids too... :ph34r:

open packets of cigarettes..dont have them as cartons..i brought back 6 cartons of smokes this way,also post is your friend :whistle:

Split them up +1. And bring back some other shit that will go through customs and they want to check.. They will be none the wiser. Although last time we went through, They didn't check our bags :/

I don't know about the food dude...

I ate these choro's at the Phuket night market last night and I feel like I'm going to die...

probably going to stay away from the food as much as possible from now...

has anybody seen those annoying as f**k utes advertising the muay thai... piss your self laughing first few days... but then it just becomes f**k annoying... don't know how the locals can put up with "tomorrow night tomorrow night big fight" driving past million times a day...

Blah. I swear I posted about the food a few pages back.

If you go to Thailand, NO matter where you are, Go to the 7/11 and get the Pro-Biotics; They are like the Yakult drinks;

When we first arrived in Bangkok, We went straight to a 7/11 and spent like 30 mins trying to figure out which one is which; Lucky a Thai person who spoke english showed us the stuff we were looking for.

Had them everyday, Ate everything and anything you could imagine; Ate from street vendors, Ate seafood, Ate all over Thailand, Ate friggen chicken satay skewers that had been sitting in the sun for 5 hours. Ate EVERYTHING.

Never had a problem, No pains, No sickness, Nothing.

Its funny cos all my mates have gone over in the past year and have come back sick... And I TOLD them to take Pro-biotics. Worked a treat :D

The Muay Thai fights are crazy none the less; Bit of a rip off for a ticket; Think it was 2000baht at the door; I could be wrong though. The utes are funny, You sit there and mock the recording haha They usually have little kids in Muay Thai clothes on the ute kicking the air and shit haha

^^^

bah just got back... all emo now... :(

want to go jan or feb next year now :lol:

spent 16 hours at Changi Airport due to a phantom ash cloud... at least its more comfortable than Melbourne Airport... my plane got delayed 6 hours in Melbourne Airport due to that ash cloud BS on the way there most uncomfortable 6 hours of my life... 16 hours in Changi Airport was like 30 minutes in Melbourne Airport... Changi Airport is f**king classy s**ts all over Melbourne Airport...

on another note how cheap is the s**t from the Big C supermarkets... I pretty much paid 600-700 baht (about $20 AUD) for 9 days worth of groceries... go to Singapore s**ts f**king expensive but still cheaper than Australia I couldn't stop cursing... I seriously don't know how I'm going to get used to prices in Australia again... IT'S F**KING COLD TOO!!!! :(

duty free in Singapore is F**KING CHEAP!!! paid $36.50 Singapore dollars for a carton of smokes... tempted to stay at Singapore for a bit next time I go... nightlife good there??? I've heard the only thing Singapore is good for is shopping and opium dens :ph34r:

^^^

spent 16 hours at Changi Airport due to a phantom ash cloud... at least its more comfortable than Melbourne Airport... my plane got delayed 6 hours in Melbourne Airport due to that ash cloud BS on the way there most uncomfortable 6 hours of my life... 16 hours in Changi Airport was like 30 minutes in Melbourne Airport... Changi Airport is f**king classy s**ts all over Melbourne Airport...

on another note how cheap is the s**t from the Big C supermarkets... I pretty much paid 600-700 baht (about $20 AUD) for 9 days worth of groceries... go to Singapore s**ts f**king expensive but still cheaper than Australia I couldn't stop cursing... I seriously don't know how I'm going to get used to prices in Australia again... IT'S F**KING COLD TOO!!!! :(

duty free in Singapore is F**KING CHEAP!!! paid $36.50 Singapore dollars for a carton of smokes... tempted to stay at Singapore for a bit next time I go... nightlife good there??? I've heard the only thing Singapore is good for is shopping and opium dens :ph34r:

How was the weather? I'm leaving this friday to go over for 10 days staying just outside of Phuket. I've been watching the weather report saying its thunder storms this whole week.

Edited by MeisterS15

yeah Changi is the shizz!! we spent a few hours there just going "check this shit out" hahaha with the koi pond, free internet terminals, hard rock cafe and great shopping etc. it was good to get away from phuket airport shitiness.

^^^

How was the weather? I'm leaving this friday to go over for 10 days staying just outside of Phuket. I've been watching the weather report saying its thunder storms this whole week.

dont believe the weather reports mate. ours said the same everyday! its the humidity that throws out the weather people. if it does rain, it will be at 5-8am and then go away. the hot weather over there means that stuff dries fast. we didnt get held up by rain ever on our 2 week honeymoon. where are you staying?

The weather was actually really really good...

you would think it would rain like nuts and other such but nope... It pissed down rain one morning and when I went to phi phi island it also rained for like 2 minutes... (downpour f**king rain like rain that can flood in 2 minutes...)

other then that not a single drop of rain... it was just really really f**king humid which is to be expected in a place like that...

you'll love it... hopefully the weather holds out for you... chances are it will and you will have a blast in Bangla Road... Go get a suit from a place called World Fashion... Go see Bob and Raj... they will give you a really f**king good price and a mad suit... so mad I bought two... starting my internship soon so I thought I would buy two...

I went to Phuket town once or twice... I didn't like it... 20 minutes drive from Phuket town is a place called Patong... good guys go to heaven bad guys go to Patong thats all I can say... :lol: (bought the shirt... you'll see lol)

go see a ping pong show as well... :thumbsup:

PS! leo tastes like Singha... I don't know whether its because I literally had alcohol flowing through my veins all the time or whether they were both the same... but I was just sipping on beers while walking around everywhere...

^^^

dont believe the weather reports mate. ours said the same everyday! its the humidity that throws out the weather people. if it does rain, it will be at 5-8am and then go away. the hot weather over there means that stuff dries fast. we didnt get held up by rain ever on our 2 week honeymoon. where are you staying?

Awesome so good to hear. I'm staying along Bangtao Beach in some condo's.

^^^

Awesome so good to hear. I'm staying along Bangtao Beach in some condo's.

with where you are staying, dont expect hustle and bustle. just enjoy the great beaches and cheap food/drink. the lotus (7/11 style places) have cheap as alcohol and bottled watter in large packs. i thought the nestle water in 1.5L was best.

only bad thing ive heard about thailand is the jet ski scams

you have contributed so much to this thread, CHEERS BRO

Dont worry about the water that much, I couldnt be stuffed one day so i drank the tap water and i didnt get sick. There's plenty of H2O in beer just drink that.

10 baht water=fkall..never had any tummy trouble..ate where the locals ate...never no nothing of a probz.

ATV > Jetski

didn't do the jetski's but tried out the ATV's... I can tell you what I was popping burnouts, going sideways, doing donuts and the tour guy didn't give a s**t... In fact he joined in :lol:

didn't try out jetski's not a fan of the beach... in fact I only went swimming on one occasion... so much other s**t to do...

do yourself a favour don't go to the shooting range or go karts (Didn't do the go karts)... overpriced BS... 800 baht for 10 shots... it doesn't sound much but it is serious BS... my gun kept jamming and everything... I told my taxi driver how much Ace Karts in Melbourne was and he told me its probably better to go to go kart in Victoria... :lol:

telling you but... Thailand is way more than jetski's, ATV's and guns... :ph34r:

i hear you on that..

i went on the go kart track in pattaya,was decent power(ended up smashing the engine it into every corner flat out)..guy will ask for an extra 50 he will wik the kart up faster..scam..apart from that nice set up..ask to do the full circuit....you only want to go on 10 lap runs..starts to hurt a tad

thailand is a place to party/tour/relax..lot going for it..single/groups/couples will all find a spot there to have a great trip 100% no doubt.

anyone been to Kuala Lumpur/rest of malaysia? A mate is going there for work so we're going to mooch off his paid accomodation. going there next year around F1 time and probably spending most time in KL.

Anything in particular this place is renowned for??

Is the shopping any good?

anyone been to Kuala Lumpur/rest of malaysia? A mate is going there for work so we're going to mooch off his paid accomodation. going there next year around F1 time and probably spending most time in KL.

Anything in particular this place is renowned for??

Is the shopping any good?

I've heard the nightlife dies by 10pm and that people drive s**ter there than in Thailand... not my cup of tea...

TOTALLY f**king FORGOT TO MENTION THIS SHIT!

BUT IF YOUR IN THAILAND DO THE FLIGHT OF THE GIBBON!!!

the most amazing experience ever! 50ft in the treetops. flying through the jungle! f**king un believeable. i have my own vids. but just youtube it!!!

im scared of heights but this is just fantastic!

Hey Lads my and the missus are thinking about going to Thailand soon. we want to go for 10 days. Just wondering what do you think a good price is for return flights on any airline? or what are some of the prices you have paid for flights?

^^ Depends on what you want. Some want to just get there and go on the cheap side some dont. I went with Thai airways last year and the flight cost $1000 return. Not sure if it was the best price but it included everything, so naturally i had a few "refreshments"on the flight.

1100 return..had all meals and piss included..luck of the draw with seating..as in you can find that there are empty seats so which means you can lay across them and have a kip..flew into thailand in 1 seat(horrible)had 4 on the way back=bliss.

use expedia.com for the best prices and comparisons

we flew singapore airlines an Silk air with a stop over in changi (singapore) and i think it was $2200 for both of us total.

you can fly cheaper but when you're on a ling flight you want the creature comforts.

make sure your passports are still 6 months in date or more. my wife's passport was going to expire in 5 months and singapore wouldnt let us check in online because of that. singapore changi airport is awesome also if you need to have a few hours stop over.

If you can fall asleep anywhere just fly a budget airline during the night and sleep the whole 7 hours to Singapore... If you have a cabin full of babies however god help you... flight there for me was awesome not a whimper and the cabin had a few kids in it... flight back for me was just f**ked up every time I closed my eyes some kid f**king wails... some 5 year old kept crying like nuts as well I mean seriously I don't mind infants crying you can't help it... but its a 5 year old kid slap that *milkshake* out and put the hammer down I say...

I'd seriously consider paying the extra quid to have a comfortable flight... you don't want to be 30 minutes into the flight, getting pissed off and then coming to the realization that you need a smoke because you are pissed off and then getting pissed off more on a 7 hour flight...

I just did a search on Web Jet

Emirates do a direct flight to Singapore for $752 return leaving late July and returning early August

Why I like Emirates

- Includes 30kg checked in luggage (not 20kg's like many others), good for smuggling in fakes clothes etc

- Free Alcohol and Food, the moment the seatbelt light turns off, push the assistant button and ask for booze, they will give it to you until you land or pass out.

- Free Blankets! (ok i stole them, but i did it in Indonesian airspace so no one cares)

- Emirates Air hostess's... Maybe I'm getting old fashioned but there is something about a well dressed, well spoken, classy looking woman that really pushes my buttons, and they treat you like a king, and I like arabic girls :P

- Arab/Muslim Terrorists won't bomb an Arab/Muslim Airline (I hope)

the evidence is indisputable.

I think the last point is flawed with so many bombings happening in there own countries on there own people.

But other then that i think all the other points are great, especially the food/drink.. In flight pricing is beyond belief!

Flew emirates to new Zealand once. Out of the few different airlines I've been on international (qantas, BA, Thai airways, virgin) emirates were the best overall, just in front of Thai.