Sign in to follow this  
jspecsilvia

Your opinion

The father is fine with it. He has come out and said he doesn't regret having it done at all.

Not that im condoning it, I dont think I would want to purchase the painting out of morals.

didnt you hook up with a 14year old or something?

if its just for "arts" sake, paint some clothes on her, why does she need to be naked?

And yes, how the f**k does a 6 year old give consent and what sick f**ked up parent would wanna display their naked child to the world?

You know the whole point of them printing that, was to start an arguement like this :lol:

The girl was on the news today, she's now 11, basically said she's fine with it, it wasn't abuse, but she and her father look like those "free spirit" hippies.

IMO once a baby is no longer a baby then those "anne geddes"style photos should stop
And yes, how the f**k does a 6 year old give consent and what sick f**ked up parent would wanna display their naked child to the world?

Agreed and agreed!

There is a reason that children cannot enter into binding legal contracts: they lack the mental faculties to make informed decisions and give informed consent. Think back to when you were six: where you aware of the existence of pedophiles or sexualisation of children? Were you aware of the usage of children as political pawns? Me neither. Like that kid I wouldn't have been aware that I would be sexualised and that some people (pedophiles) would see more than 'art' in the image. Nobody should ever be photographed nakes for publication until the age of 18.

Some of the comparisons made are laughable! How is this similar to the Danish cartoons?

its not about the end product of the 'artwork' its the fact that there is young naked girls posing for a camera... the situation is whats wrong, what you think of the 'artwork' is irrelevant.

its not about the end product of the 'artwork' its the fact that there is young naked girls posing for a camera... the situation is whats wrong, what you think of the 'artwork' is irrelevant.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you there. But I gotta admit, I kind of don't have a problem with it. It's more societies problem. Is this wrong because everyone has said it is wrong? Or wrong because a child is being exploited?

It is a very clear line between abuse and art. In fact it's very obvious. If the picture is showing the childs innocence then it is art. If it is showing a child in an abusive/sexual way, it is pedophilia. This is clearly art in my opinion; blind to age and a sick society.

I think thats a bit too hardcore for me, i know its art and all that, but still man its a little girl.

IMO once a baby is no longer a baby then those "anne geddes"style photos should stop

Agreed and agreed!

There is a reason that children cannot enter into binding legal contracts: they lack the mental faculties to make informed decisions and give informed consent. Think back to when you were six: where you aware of the existence of pedophiles or sexualisation of children? Were you aware of the usage of children as political pawns? Me neither. Like that kid I wouldn't have been aware that I would be sexualised and that some people (pedophiles) would see more than 'art' in the image. Nobody should ever be photographed nakes for publication until the age of 18.

Some of the comparisons made are laughable! How is this similar to the Danish cartoons?

laughable? Relax genius. When i compared it (to an extent) to the danish cartoons i meant in terms of the magazine being pulled off the shelves, freedom of artistic expression/speech etc.

like i mentioned above, its screwed that this 6yr old kid was put in front of the camera because her parents gave consent.

hmm i really dont kno what to think of it i can see if from ther ppls point of views tho, but on the other hand the pic was takin by the mothr and the father is fine with it.. so i really dunno what to think of it.

You know the whole point of them printing that, was to start an arguement like this :lol:

The girl was on the news today, she's now 11, basically said she's fine with it, it wasn't abuse, but she and her father look like those "free spirit" hippies.

That was excatly what I thought when I saw the news item last night, I'm pretty sure they knew exacty what sort of reaction they'd get printing that photo. Almost looked like the magazine was trying to be all 'edgy' and 'controversial', just think how much publicity they would be getting from this whole shitstorm :rolleyes:

Oh and, damn her dad looked creepy on the news :lol:

Agreed and agreed!

+1

her dad seemed abit of a tool of society. and ofcourse her daughter was going to support him. as children we learn from our parents. we follow what they beleive because where too young to form our own opinions etc. i wonder where this girl is going to end up in the future?