Sign in to follow this  
tenza18

s15 A-pillar

Does anyone know what is the size(55mm or 60mm) of gauge that can fit in to A-pillar holder? <_>

id say your closest bet to fit a a/m gauge behind the front frame to make it look better get a 52mm gauge

but u can cut the front and squeeze a 60mm guage

Its a 52mm...

If u want to fit a a 60mm gauge in it u need to shave off some of the inner plastic.. This is what a 60mm Gauge looks like in the Pilar...It doesnt sit flush...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Its a 52mm...

If u want to fit a a 60mm gauge in it u need to shave off some of the inner plastic.. This is what a 60mm Gauge looks like in the Pilar...It doesnt sit flush...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

i love your ride man but the Autogauge thing wrecks it for me. get real defis anth!

Yer i would love Defis mate but so expensive ! Neways youv seen my new set up x3 gauges in aircon vent & fkd off A pillar

imo the a piller holder looks shit sory ut it just pokes out abruptly and wreaks it i rekon its gonna do my head in finding a spot for myn when it comes time lol cause i still want some aircon

it can be a 52mm guage and sit in the stock position so it duznt stick out and stuff.

anth you have handcontroller with your pfc ... why not just read that?

imo the a piller holder looks shit sory ut it just pokes out abruptly and wreaks it i rekon its gonna do my head in finding a spot for myn when it comes time lol cause i still want some aircon

I agree thats why i picked up a Spec S pillar....

Cmon man i cant beleive S15 owners biatch about their air con vents.... End of the day you can bypas the airflow & still is enough to make you cool/hot...

S6000639.jpg

2-6.jpg

Cause it lives in my glovebox !! Look how small it is + only gives out water temp

2-7.jpg

PS Tenza18 il stop raping your thread .... Hope the original pics solve ur query !

Why exactly is the Jap Spec-R A-pillar gauge mount compliant but after market ones a defect?

Why exactly is the Jap Spec-R A-pillar gauge mount compliant but after market ones a defect?

The Spec R's get complied with the A Pillar however can still get defected for having it on....

Its a weird one !

the 52mm gauge will sit inside the a-pillar

but the the 60mm will stick out.. if you don't mind cutting a bit off

would look sweet

having the gauge inside the vent doesn't look bad either..

but if you're only after the boost gauge.. stick it in the a-pillar :P

yeah it is weird that it complied but you can still get defected

but it depends on the cop I reckon..

my friend been defected for it a few times.. no popo has said anything about mine yet

Can you get a simple piece of plastic like the a-pillar engineered? And what are the chances?

Popo are poopoo.

Thanks everyone, i'll go for a 60mm cos i think Defi bf series turbo gauge only come in 60mm. If someone have any gauge sit in the A-pillar,please post it up the photo!! Thanks..... ;)

Cause it lives in my glovebox !! Look how small it is + only gives out water temp

you can always change it to read x2 or x4 sensors instead of x8 sensors on the hand controller.....then you'll be able to read it

just have water temp and knock sensor showing and you'll have no trouble reading it and no need for separate water temp guage, just mount it somewhere you can read it, I have made a bracket that's screwed in to the container/holder left of the steering wheel, the hand controller is then held on to it with velcro.....still easy to hide if your pulled over or parking and want it out of sight

you can always change it to read x2 or x4 sensors instead of x8 sensors on the hand controller.....then you'll be able to read it

just have water temp and knock sensor showing and you'll have no trouble reading it and no need for separate water temp guage, just mount it somewhere you can read it, I have made a bracket that's screwed in to the container/holder left of the steering wheel, the hand controller is then held on to it with velcro.....still easy to hide if your pulled over or parking and want it out of sight

Aww k , i didnt even realise you could do that... Il have to read the manual up close & have a play ! Cheers !

on that screen shot above, press "PREV" twice

then scroll up and you can select 1,2,4,8 or map tracer......highlight the one you want and press NEXT

now you have the option of selecting which sensor(s) to view

push UP/DOWN to pick which sensor you want to change

push LEFT arrow to de-select it, then scroll UP/DOWN to the sensor you want instead

press RIGHT to select that sensor, repeat until you have what you want

then press NEXT and you'll back to the image you posted above but with new sensors you just selected

I got a Stri Guage. The rim is exactly the same colour as the Aircon vents etc and the face even has a S bade in the middle. Its a good quality Stepper motor Electronic Gauge (like Defi). I trimmed the pillar mount like above and it blends in like stock (perfect colouring).

The Stock Pillar Mount is still defectable, which is ass becuase if you sit in the drivers seat their is no blocked vision to speak off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/sup...20/IMG_0484.jpg

on that screen shot above, press "PREV" twice

then scroll up and you can select 1,2,4,8 or map tracer......highlight the one you want and press NEXT

now you have the option of selecting which sensor(s) to view

push UP/DOWN to pick which sensor you want to change

push LEFT arrow to de-select it, then scroll UP/DOWN to the sensor you want instead

press RIGHT to select that sensor, repeat until you have what you want

then press NEXT and you'll back to the image you posted above but with new sensors you just selected

I just printed this info champ thanks, il play in 20 mins whilst letting the car warm up !!

Cheers man

Pillar is installed for the strength of the building for the protection of the visitors and all students of the area. The pillar of the strength and unemployedprofessors is implied for the fixing of the goals. The object is stuffed for the mid of the options. Target is ensured for the institution of the terms for the values for all offers.