Sign in to follow this  
Sheepy

Car accidents you've been in

I've been in a few car accidents, a couple of minor ones caused by myself but the one major one i was in wasn't good.

I was just wondering how many others had been in accidents and if you've got pics, throw them up.

I was a passenger when my friend, who was driving, lost control while speeding down a hill.

The car did a 180, we clipped an oncoming car with the rear end, the car flipped on to the drivers side and went off the road and down the hill on it's side taking out 3 cement pillars and stopping in an embankment.

No one was hurt, though i was lucky as i wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown around a bit. I had a few bruises but i only really had part of the rear vision mirror cut me as i broke it with my head when we stopped <_>

I've only added one pic as they're photo's of photos, so it's crap quality

Commo1.jpg

Why on earth weren't you wearing a seat belt? I hope that was a wake up call to you, you could have seriously been hurt or killed.

Only accident I've been in was at a round about, wasn't my fault I came out onto the round about first, guy in a 4x4 came flying from my right and slammed into my drivers side door with his bull bar. I had an old camry, glad it was so tough otherwise I would have been really hurt. Glass flew everywhere, it was really scary I can still see his bull bar coming for my head!

The drivers door was the only thing hit, but enough to bend apart of the cars frame. Written off, gave me an excuse to get the silvia lol

:o !!! No seat belt?! Shit miss, lucky to be alive me thinks...

I haven't crashed while I was driving, but have been in two minor accidents... my sister skidded in the wet and rear ended a taxi who pulled out in front of us and we were rear ended in my ex boyfriends car by some idiot who hit the accelerator instead of the brakes at 60km/hr.. car written off...

I wasn't hurt in either incident, more just freaked out/a little shaken!!

Don't get me started on car accidents... I've had quite a few of them very minor one's anyway... :( annoying thing is that they were really stupid and could have been avoided so easily if I was just paying attention. :blush: Lucky they were all in my old car....

Edited by Reeeen

I've never caused an accident, only been rear-ended while stopped in traffic at the bottom of a hill in the wet. It was the girl's second accident that week, and politely let her know she should learn to drive and leave a bit more time to brake than 10m before my car at 60kmp/h. $4K worth of damage to my car, she was driving a Barina and it was a write-off.

Unfortunately I saw her coming in my rear vision mirror and tensed up with my foot firmly on the brake. I got nice whiplash as a result.

I have only been involved in two minor crashes......the first one in my old TX3, I was stopped at the lights in peak hour and a lady slammed into the back of my car.....you wouldn't believe what she was upto.....cutting up watermelon for her kids! Who does that in peak hour traffic? To top it off she was unisured and it took 11 months to get the money out of the insurance company coz they wouldn't do the leg work.

The other one was 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in my friends driveway waiting to turn right when a dude on a bmx decides to ride into the side of my car and camo roll across my bonnet. I don't know how he didn't see my car, let alone hear it! Still freaked the hell out of me! I now have two nice guges in my bonnet from the chain that was in his pocket and he rode off before I could check if he was hurt, so I am guessing he was ok

Wrote my mums 96 pulsar off 4 years ago when I was 17 and had my p's for like 3 months. I wrote it off on a sharp corner that Id driven once or twice, at night with black ice on the road, I didnt see the corner until I was on it because there was no street lamps or guide posts on the corner. It was april when I had the accident and 5 people had crashed that year before me and the people on the corner were movng house purely because of that reason. It was only me in the car, because Im so little (5"2") when I hit the concrete alcove thingy in the gutter I slipped out of the seatbelt and broke my nose and cut my eyelid open on the rear view mirror.

I dont know how long I was passed out for but I woke up with the people on the corner dragging me out of the car, I kept thinking 'damn this is a dream, wake the hell up' then it slowly started to dawn on me that it wasnt a dream. I cant remember much of what their house looked like inside or the ambulance ride because my face was covered in blood and my eyelid kept pissing out with blood. I was shitting myself because I thought I f**ked my eyes. Nothing really hurt that night though even though I didnt recognise myself with all the swelling it was only if I bumped my nose that it caned like a bitch and if no blood was pissing out of my eyelid I would of been able to pull my eyelid over my eye and see through it. Took months for my face to go back to normal and there is a slight scar on my eyelid that just looks like a crease now.

Took me a long time to get comfortable again with corners on the road, and it still is in the back of my mind when Im driving sometimes.

Lol what year was the camry?

I had an 87 model camry and it did ok handbrakies hahaha

its gone now though but not bcoz of that lol

my worst accident in a car would have to be when my now ex braked in front of me on his gsxr 600 in the middle a round-a-bout, and i slammed up his rear and shoved him forward only stopping after i was on top of the bike. he had slid off it by then thankfully.

i have had a car catch on fire randomly before. it was a piece of crap VN commodore.

my brother wrote off my XA GT, and i smashed up the front kit on my last car cause i hated it and my mother wouldnt allow me to buy a new one.

but the worst accident i have ever had was a hit and run, where i was the victim unfortunately, and was hit/clipped at around 80-90kph. it was an 80 zone, but noone ever follows the speed limit there. got a broken leg, broken arm, many ribs and a crushed vertebrate. but all considering i was pretty lucky apparently!

^^^^^

geez missy you dont appear to have much luck with cars!

hope you don't have any more accidents or near misses!!

i was in sort of an accident this sunday, i was driving home from work along this very narrow dirt road, and at the best of times its hard to fit two cars going both sides. anyway i was driving along and just as i was coming around the corner there were these F*** heads in this massive jacked up 4wd with a huge bull bar on the front on my side of the road. i swear to god they would of at least been traveling at 100 kms and hour (pavit and sheffield road is a well known hoon road) there is no way that both of us were going to fit so i got forced of the side of the road and as they sped past the bull bar smacked my side mirrors. so ide never been in any sort of car accident before so as my car was wedged in the dirt gutter i looked in my rear vision mirror and saw that the 4wd had stopped becasue i could see the brake lights, so they knew thay had dont something wrong, then all of a sudden the driver just puts his foot down and takes off as fast as he could. bastards. luckly there wasnt much damage to my car the front end was put out a bit and a few little minor cosmetic damages have to be fixed up. but gees if it was possible to turn around and follow them to get their number plate they would of had one seriously pissed off statesman driver on their hands. :rant:

zoe xoxo

Im lucky to say that i have never been in an accident.................touch wood!!! COme close on more then a few occassions,

Enough to scare me straight for a day or so...................... :whack:

some people have had some serious ones in here....lucky everyone is a ok

my only accident was when a 17 year old guy was changing the radio station and neglected to see me stopped and indicating to turn right into my own street.

wrote off my dearly missed s15 :(

thats a bit nasty,

i had a motorcycle accident in 2002, wrote my bike off, got hit by a 4wd, got a bigger bike now, haha

have to find pics if i still have them,

lucky that no one has been seriously injured in the accidents.

I felt like driving into a ford territory one night.

DSC00059.jpg

and then i felt like cutting it up

4-1.jpg

fail :(

i just got out of hospital from a car crash last fri nite...

no foto's, wouldnt want to see them if there was.. i was passanger.. thank god for morpheine atm

no foto's, wouldnt want to see them if there was.. i was passanger.. thank god for morpheine atm

:( hope you get better soon!

wow.... so many of you all lucky to have come out ok from these accidents...

i havent been in anything major... thank god...

had some lady slam into my rear quarter on my old 180sx.... i was doing a U turn and she had come out of private property and simply wasnt watching the road...she didnt even slam on her brakes...just hit....got a pretty badly bruised toe from that but thats it.... so i was lucky!

been rear ended while i was passenger in my bf's silvia....we were stopped at the fullarton road round-a-bout in SA and a taxi driver decided to drive whilst we were still stopped at the front of the que...idiot!

another time i was passenger and we ended up front first down an embankment...lucky for us no one was hurt and neither was the car!

last accident i had was some old lady turned in front of me from the opposite direction and i had to slam on the skids but still hit her rear bar in the side... mashed up the front of my car but nothing serious... just looks ugly now! hahaha

had a couple of scares where other cars have come at me...thats never fun!

Oh wow, really sorry to hear that. Hope you're on the mend :)

I felt like driving into a ford territory one night.

DSC00059.jpg

and then i felt like cutting it up

4-1.jpg

fail :(

That's a pretty full on crash, damn fords ruin everything.

LOL it was my fault.. I was tired and looking at the green lights a set up from the red lights infront of me!

but the guy was a psycho, i was in shock so all i could say over and over was "im so sorry", anyway he got cuffed for going to hit me infront of 3 cops!! And the cop taking my statement happened to know my dad so he let me off for neg driving, i only lost 3 points with a $300 fine for failing to abide by traffic laws or something. :)

LOL it was my fault.. I was tired and looking at the green lights a set up from the red lights infront of me!

but the guy was a psycho, i was in shock so all i could say over and over was "im so sorry", anyway he got cuffed for going to hit me infront of 3 cops!! And the cop taking my statement happened to know my dad so he let me off for neg driving, i only lost 3 points with a $300 fine for failing to abide by traffic laws or something. :)

your lucky the coppa knew your father cause sometimes they are just looking for an excuse to ping us for anything,

damo and i were cruising one night in the gong and like were only doing 40 clicks in a 60 zone, then we seen this coppa pull over in front of us and waited till we past then pulled out and followed us for some time, prob running plates through the system but there was nothing on us, since then he has a defect that he is tryin to fix, they got him for no tyre placard on his car,wtf, airpod, and a few other things too.

anyway, hope you werent seriously injured cause that does look nasty

your lucky the coppa knew your father cause sometimes they are just looking for an excuse to ping us for anything,

damo and i were cruising one night in the gong and like were only doing 40 clicks in a 60 zone, then we seen this coppa pull over in front of us and waited till we past then pulled out and followed us for some time, prob running plates through the system but there was nothing on us, since then he has a defect that he is tryin to fix, they got him for no tyre placard on his car,wtf, airpod, and a few other things too.

anyway, hope you werent seriously injured cause that does look nasty

nah i was fine luckily :) bit of glass in my feet (was barefoot) that was it..

cops on the beaches are pretty good...ive been pulled up for going 160 in a 50 zone and got let off.. my boy got pulled over on double demerits w/e for going 210 chasing a guy who ran me off the road, he told the cops the truth and the guy that ran me off the road slowed down to hearl abuse at Michael so the cops went after that guy haha (he flew up the inside lane and drove into my car pretty much as there was a parked car infront) idiot! :lol:

anyway, thats f**ked! what the f**k, what tightarses. its just as bad as when i first went out with Michael, on our first date he got defected cause his gearknob which was STANDARD, the H pattern had worn off.

seriously! :rolleyes: he had a huge turbo sitting out of the bonnet, front mount, NO rear bar...and they defected him for a H pattern that had worn off a standard gear knob.

anyway this is getting a bit off topic! sorry :lol:

I hit a lollypop man when I was on my L's, I was swerving to miss the car that decided to overtake me as I had stalled twice and that when I heard a ding and realised what I had done... needless to say my parents wouldn't go driving with me after that.

Though got my p's first time and never had another accident.

definately had my fair share of accidents.... more than i can count on one hand few minors few majors not cool id post pictures but no idea where any r

hmm i guess u jus really gotta b careful out there no matter how much u love drifting or racing (or us driving normally lol) and no matter how good u think u r (normally guys lol) the unexpected can always happen!!

was cleaning out the computer tonight and found pics from my accident last nov where they guy hit and wrote it off :(

003tie.jpg

006gvm.jpg

they figured it was economically a write off....after they quoted the exhaust that was on it when i bought it they went...ah...i dont think so coz that was apparently $1500 to be replaced.

Holy shit. That's a fair whack to kink the quarter panel like that.