Sign in to follow this  
modyourcar

Save up to 20% on your FUEL!

We all know how petrol is on the rise... it's something none of us can dodge - it's a fact of life!

There are solutions out there though that can help you... one for example is a product called the MTECH Fuel Saver which can save you up to 20% on your fuel bill! They are available for pretty much any fuel type - LPG, Diesel, Petrol etc...

The MTECH product is quite new to Australia and is currently going through ACCC approval which is expected to get the nod in the next 2-3 weeks.

Not long ago the product was featured on Today Tonight on Channel 7 and the results speak for themselves, watch the story below.

ModYourCar.com is the sole internet retailer of the product and we ship the product for FREE anywhere in Australia. For more information check out our site at http://www.modyourcar.com.au/save-up-to-20...l-wots31?aff=ns

For a list of all the fuel savers available visit http://www.modyourcar.com.au/fuel-saving-cat328?aff=ns

For an idea of price, a petrol engine with less than 50-litre fuel tank would be $299 delivered, or $399 for a larger than 50-litre tank.

We are now taking orders for the MTECH fuel savers which will be sent out once the ACCC approval has been given, which it will! These have been a huge success in the US and are sure to have an impact here in Australia, and more importantly your fuel bill!

If you have any question son the product please ask here I'll do my best to answer your questions. You can also call us on (08) 9276 9946 for more information.

i wouldnt trust anything from today tonight

they fail to mention the driving styles of both test drivers, whetever the cars are auto or manual, if they have identical tyre pressures, what kind of fuel they run... or even manual or auto. no mention of engine size (they come with a 4 and 6) is made either

the gadget itself looks like a magnet to me. magents have been tested and have shown to not make any difference to fuel consumption

and how the hell does taping something to intake and radiator hose do anything?

the hydrogen thing is a load of poo as well.

even mythbusters have disproved magnets and hydrogen with some half decent testing

anyways sorry to be an arse about all this, but these things are a scam, people just need to learn to drive better and maintain their car properly. selling something like this could also hurt your business so be careful.

Have to agree with junkie. The device sounds like a load of crap to me. There's no way that taping some "devices" to a hose can help reduce fuel consumption. And I'm pretty damn sure you can't increase the surface area of fuel...

This sounds aalmost as dodgy as the fuel saving "pill" that was being peddled by the guy who bankrupted the Sydney kings.He made millions by scamming people to invest in this sort of bullshit. Even scammed the federal government into giving him money to promtoe overseas.

Think what you want, it has been trialled and tested and has got the results to prove it works. You can't argue with proof.

.... and for the record Today Tonight did not conduct the tests, Canning City council did.

The product also has a range of other tests that have all proven it works.

Either way I am not really surprised with the response here.

hehe you didnt expect an educated respose hey? this is the internet, all kinds of info is only a click away

so how scientific was the council test? drive around a bit and see what happens?

anyway, here is some proof:

wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_saving_devices

"The popular U.S. television show MythBusters investigated several fuel-saving devices using both fuel-injected cars and diesel powered cars under very controlled circumstances.

The concept of fuel line magnets, which supposedly align the fuel molecules so they burn better, was tested and they determined it made no difference in the rate of fuel consumption."

more here... http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm

Some magnet devices don't actually admit that they use magnets, because there has been so much negative evidence against them. But if a device clamps round the fuel line, doesn't have any electrical connection to anything, and claims to "align the fuel molecules" (or something along those lines), it is almost certainly a magnet. - this is exactly the product in the video

NRMA, who know their cars... http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/6450.htm

"NRMA Motoring & Services today warned motorists to be wary of buying expensive fuel saving devices that may not deliver the promised results.

NRMA Manager Motoring Research Jack Haley said an independent report initiated by Australia's motoring clubs had thrown doubt on the effectiveness of a leading fuel saving device in reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.

The nation's motoring clubs have long been sceptical of claims that fuel 'catalysts' or other devices and additives can cut fuel consumption and emissions in both petrol and diesel engines due to the lack of technically well-based test results," Mr Haley said. "

and finally popular mechanics magazine who tested a bunch of devices in 2005 - http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...932.html?page=2

"There are dozens of fuel-line magnets on the market. We tested two. They all make similar claims: substantial improvements in fuel economy, reduced emissions and increased horsepower.

According to the people selling these devices, as gasoline flows past the magnet, the magnetic field will "break apart clusters of fuel molecules so gas burns more efficiently." Problem: Gasoline molecules aren't magnetic, not at all. But wait, there's more. If the fuel line is steel, as many are, the lines of magnetic flux will follow the fuel-line walls instead of passing through the fuel.

THE DYNO SAYS: As we suspected, neither device had any significant effect on performance or economy."

so, the question now is who do we believe? some council who has no idea and today tonight who got paid to run the story? or people who know what theyre doing

Yeah Junkie. As soon as I saw this I thought of that ep of Mythbusters.

And LOL at using a TODAY TONIGHT story as any kind of evidence. If they are real journalists, I'm a farking Astronaut. I wonder how much they were paid to do the story.

And I have to agree, getting behind something like this can really come round and bite you if it turns out to be a crock. But until someone disproves them, I'll keep an open mind.

Think what you want, it has been trialled and tested and has got the results to prove it works. You can't argue with proof.

You should post up these independent tests that the video talked about, and that you talk about...... it will be better proof than that video. Do you know what the tests were?

Amazing - a device that helps your cooling, fuel and air system work in tandem! It's called an ECU, tuned to the correct air / fuel ratio, injector duty cycle... etc.

If I understand the story behind these strap on things, it helps atomise the fuel, producing more complete combustion there fore requiring less fuel.

Question 1 - what was the duty cycle of the injectors for each of the cars in the back to back test, surely the duty cycle of the car with the gadget should be less?.

Adding a small amount of Acetone to petrol reduces the molecular bond between the petrol atoms, producing the remarkable effect of more complete atomisation of the fuel (and for $15 a litre - cheaper than this gizmo). Theoretically, this should reduce fuel consumption. Now, my 180SX never had a power FC, but my mates Falson had a Haltech, with a laptop which could monitor injector duty cycle.... etc.

Funny thing with the Acetone added to the petrol, duty cycle stayed the same with PULP and PULP + Acetone (1.1ml / L). Power increased by 4rwkW though with the addition of Acetone. Back to Back test on a dyno, that was.

Question 2 - If the cars ECU is not as clever (featured) as an aftermarket one and designed for set parameters, how can this drastic improvement be managed? Would the factory computer not read 18% less fuel usage as lean?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but the thermic efficiency of a complex internal coumbustion engine is meant to be increased by strapping 4 devices which are in no way wired together, have no means of communication, and are essentially fixed, unable to react to differenct conditions.

And you call us doubters....

Where is the chart showing the AFR's with corresponding injector duty cycle and thermic efficiencies of the engines.

Did I mention I am selling pills that will change a tank of water into a viable fuel, only $30 for a pill that will treat 60L... go on, you know you want it, fill your petrol tank with water and I'll send you one.

Discalimer - I am in no way responsible if you fill your petrol tank with water and it damages your car. No pill exists that does what was mentioned in the above paragraph.

.... and for the record Today Tonight did not conduct the tests, Canning City council did.

Either way I am not really surprised with the response here.

*thumbs up*

If I fit this to my daily; Toyota Prius I should see significant gains then.

Oh snap why didn't Toyota put that in from the very beginning. Those engineers must be stupid.

I'm sure a council worker would know right?

While you are at it, how about marketing some of those Turbo ZET fans which you add to your intake and push as much air as a PC cooling fan, supposed to reduce fuel consumption and increase hp.

These high fuel prices sure do bring all kinds of snake oil salespeople out of the woodwork, Just work on the pricipal that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is :rolleyes:

Haha this reminds me of some guy on ebay selling vortex things u put behind ur air filter. It was meant to atomise the air so it burns more efficiently, in other words he sent out a peice of jagged metal u have to bend into shape urself. People will buy anything if they think they can save money on fuel. So many people buy shit because they dont really understand how anything works. Like someone mentioned before; if a car has a standard ecu shouldnt a massive reduce in fuel usage read as running lean??? And today tonight, quality journalism!

as sorry as i am to say it as modyourcar.com seems to be a good new trader in the making, these things are just a big load of poo, i mean if you could just buy a clamp/band or whatever and put it on your fuel line and save 20% or fuel or whatever, people who rely on petrolium fueled transport, ie. truckies, couriers etc. would be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake. Biggest problem with your "proof" is that driving a car around is so extremely far from an accurate test of fuel cosumption/efficency, needs to be done in completely controlled circumstances, like an engine dyno or similar with complete computer monitoring of injector duty cycles, a/f ratios etc. i mean there could be small advantages to be had with such devices, but 20% is just a pipe dream mate

lol little bit off topic but reminds me of time a current affair did test on different fuels and how long they last, e10, pulp, etc. 98 octane came last, then 95, then 91, then e5 and e10 won..... lol they had 5 different cars, 5 different people driving and they called it the most accurate test possible, one funny thing was there was a barrage of pro-ethanol commercials on all night after it, second funny thing is that i tried e10 in work ute a few times and got 75% of the kilometres (if i was lucky) compared to if i used 95, have tried it in diesel, petrol, non-turbo, turbo... complete win for non-ethanol blends all round

Guys everyone has an opinion and you are all entitled to yours... if you don't like the product, don't buy it! I don't want anyone buying anything from me they don't beleive will work or feel "insulted" by.

I definitely understand the skepticism and everyones views and opinions!

If you guys want to read more about it check out the Moletech web site at http://www.moletech.us/mtech/

Even read about the research conducted http://www.moletech.us/mtech/research/

Not every product is right for every person and this is certainly one of those.... like I said the ACCC are reviewing the product and all the research at the moment to basically verify everything but it is expected to get approval.

Guys everyone has an opinion and you are all entitled to yours... if you don't like the product, don't buy it! I don't want anyone buying anything from me they don't beleive will work or feel "insulted" by.

I definitely understand the skepticism and everyones views and opinions!

If you guys want to read more about it check out the Moletech web site at http://www.moletech.us/mtech/

Even read about the research conducted http://www.moletech.us/mtech/research/

Not every product is right for every person and this is certainly one of those.... like I said the ACCC are reviewing the product and all the research at the moment to basically verify everything but it is expected to get approval.

So instead of believing the independent scientific testing, your suggesting we believe the manufacturer, the manufacturers own testing, canning council and today tonight ?

I used to go to modyourcar.com, lol

-100 points for modyourcar for pushing shit to make a buck.

anyone seen those 50+ hp thingos on ebay for 20 bucks!! group buy anyone?

There have been independent tests done if you look at http://www.moletech.us/mtech/research/

For example, from the tests conducted by Taipei Medical University:

Conclusion:

Based on this FTIR study, we conclude that MOLETECH FUEL SAVER

DEVICE, such as the one provided by POJERY TRADING CO., LTD

can modify the properties of the commercial gasoline. These properties

change was due to the change of molecular aggregation of gasoline from

larger cluster to smaller cluster or even to single molecule, by breaking

down the intermolecular van de wall force between the gasoline

molecules. Along with other experimental data and several research

papers, it is reasonable to see the fuel efficiency of the treated gasoline

improved.

Or this - http://www.moletech.us/mtech/research/CEE.pdf

from the CEE (a United States EPA accredited Environmental Testing Laboratory).

The company has had tests done, they can't sell a product like this based on their own findings.

Or perhaps a report by by Dr. Peter Dingle from Murdoch University, School of Environmental Science, Division of Science and Engineering - http://www.moletech.us/mtech/research/DrDingle_reportNov.pdf

Its understandable a product like this can cause so much controversy.

I'm not telling yo to beleive anything... like anything on the market make your own mind up, I can only provide you with information, you have to take it in yourself and work out for yourself what you beleive.

works.gif

Shit look at that we can save the environment!!!

You also notice when u read findings ect u see alot of words like Can could or might used alot...

It can save you money!! but will it ? and a whole 20%!!!!

people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that

lol I'm not trying to be hatefull, and my last post may have seemed that way, sorry, but honestly . . .

TAIPEI MEDICAL UNI ???

"Today Dr. Lee Yeung Huk announced while completing neurosurgery on a 93 year old turtle out of his cousins home based dentistry clinic that MOLETECH will save you fuel !"

lol I'm not trying to be hatefull, and my last post may have seemed that way, sorry, but honestly . . .

TAIPEI MEDICAL UNI ???

"Today Dr. Lee Yeung Huk announced while completing neurosurgery on a 93 year old turtle out of his cousins home based dentistry clinic that MOLETECH will save you fuel !"

thanks i just woke the neighbours chuckling like a school girl

:D

you know what else saves fuel not running 1000cc injectors at near max duty cycle..

Good way to ruin your businesses reputation by selling junk like this.

What's next, earthing kits with 20hp gains...:rolleyes:

Again its an option people are looking at and you'd be surprised how many... and like anything there will be people opposed and people for it. I don't see how selling a product that is approved by the ACCC (soon) is harmful to reputation - I'm giving people an option which they are entitled to.

If it happens that the product doesn't get approval I won't sell it... it's that simple. It's not available YET - I am simply compiling a list of people that would be interested ONCE it is approved, not before.

Giving people an option of buying junk. Using a Today Tonight story to promote the product :lol: what a joke. "Independent testing" conducted by a medical university :rolleyes:

Anyway im not going to waste my time arguing about it. I feel sorry for all the people who waste their hard earned money on it.

Neither am I its an argument no one will win... like I said I will NOT be selling it to anyone until the R&D and testing has been approved by the ACCC and if it is well are you going to argue with them?

That's enough of the subject form me.... ciao all I'm tired gonna hit the sack.

Keep in mind that products like the "hi-clone fuel saver" are approved by the ACCC, which is known to do jack shit.

Ah well, atleast your waiting for some real R&D to be done. Good luck with it.

Mate I am not going to sell a product like this without some sort of approval from a governing body.... what kind of idiot do you take me for? Seriously.

Would anyone here be willing to conduct an experiment using the MTECH product? A serious one. If so PM me we can discuss.

Not trying to bag out your product here.... but in a business sense of things for MTECH, if they really had such a ground breaking product as described wouldn't they 1. Patent the product (they may alraedy have) and then 2. Sell their patented product straight to car manufacturers to rake in massive bucks rather than trying to sell the product individually to every household? Reading some of the "scientific" reports there is nothing more than some term throwing and lots of evidence like such in Dr. Peter Dingle's report: "The Mtech Fuel Saver has been tested in Australia with positive results. A private taxi company tested Mtech using on one of its vehicles and found the installation of the Mtech increased horsepower and torque, and reduced tail pipe emissions of the tested vehicle.1" The "1" at the end is a foot note and if you follow it up "1 The testing procedure was undefined for this test."...... I just think that if there was real substance in it they wouldn't need to chuck in unconfirmable information. If i submitted something like that in my next uni report i would fail :( .

Mate I am not going to sell a product like this without some sort of approval from a governing body.... what kind of idiot do you take me for? Seriously.

Would anyone here be willing to conduct an experiment using the MTECH product? A serious one. If so PM me we can discuss.

I find it hard to comprehend why you would bother with this post, or advertising it on your site, without any hard evidence that it actually works or approval from a governing body as you say it. All other magic gizzmo's like this in the past have been money making scams, and all the evidence for this one thus far is pointing towards it being the same.

The point im trying to make is I wouldn't want my business seen to advertise/promote a product like this without proper hard evidence that it works. It comes across as you just trying to make a quick buck off a shit product.

Bed time for me. Goodnight.