Sign in to follow this  
HI PSI

Can you do a back flip?

Can you and if so how did you learn?

Its one thing I've always wanted to do but being 6'4" and 100kg's I doubt I ever will.

This vid inspired me:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="638" height="525">

Also this is pretty cool:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="638" height="525">

First time i'd embedded youtube. Should be working now...

ive done a couple.

my mate has them dialed.

shit yeah that guy is crazy and so is the wheelchair dude ive seen that before

I use to do trampoline for school sport got f**king awsome at it started kicking out double backflips then i left school.. I can still do reverse backslips and normal backflips only into the water tho lol no where as good as that guy.. Prolly helps that i weigh 60 kilos ringing wet no weight to throw around

into the water and on tramps its easy, on flatground i have no idea how people do it, i learnt in the sand dunes, doesnt hurt so much

on the ground is so much harder i do it on grass and sand moving up towards concrete lol i can land them but i feel sketchy... But that first dude is crazy his a ninja

my first an only backflip on solid ground was when i was about 7 off a large concrete block onto more concrete. i think i managed 250 deg b4 i landed

ive got them pretty dialled.... front flips, back flips, etc, standing, or running ones...

used to be into gym a bit back in highshcool... i remember me and a mate doign running "china man" flips off the schools science balcony... stupid times...

currently tryign to learn backflips on my bmx bike again... been out cause of injury for 8 months haha

my mate doing one (hes 16..) old vid though, does them over trails and shit now.

That is nuts...

Why aint he in the olympics?

Yeah totally

Would be sweet to do now that its a bit of a catch phrase

that bike made a sweet noise when he landed in that last video ted posted

That kid in the wheel chair is awesome, i cant even do a backflip unless its into a pool or sumtin, and he can do one in a wheel chair at a skate park. Bloody awesome!

I can do front somersaults with a half twist and backflips on trampolines and springboard but it's been years since I was near either. Never had the guts to try a backflip on concrete but I was always that show off at the pool/in PE :lol:

If ya seriously wanna have it a go and abit worried. go to the local gymnastics or some shit. I used to go to PCYC they used to do gymnastics classes and it was just free time to use all the equipment. and thered be an instructor there to help you, advise you and spot you. I think you'd be able to do it man. just work up to it. just get stronger, get used to your body and learn how to control it.

Plus first time i tried doing a backflip i landed head first. fail lol lucky i was in the foam pits :D

back saults are extremely easy, a physically fit individual could learn one in about one lesson i reckon.

find an adult gymnastics class. First step learn proper form on a tramp, hell easy. Next step do it with spotters on the sprung floor, then eventually yourself. Back saults are a lot easier than back flips in my opinions (back flips are when you use your hands) as with back saults the aim is to jump up flip at zero gravity and land, whereas with back flips you have to lean back a little and your mind hell thinks your head will smack the ground :S

im trying to learn b-twists currently, now they look cool.

... from my gymnastics days (*winks effeminately at haikki*) what you're calling "backflips" are called handsprings...

I used to be able to "black outs" or what ever you call them.

Like running forward and back flip.

never tried them on the flat ground, but i have done them off ledges and into pools (over rotate a little into the pool). so i guess i could do it on the ground.

Havnt done them in a while.

have to bring them back this summer.

and i used to be able to do those butterfly kicks or waht ever you call them.

I can still do the handsprings, no where near as clean as that first video.

Oh and that run up the tree and front flip blew my mind.

thats one thing i can do, backflips.

i learnt them at a local gym, they have those floormats everywhere so i thought if i fall i cant hurt myself...just stood there and jumped backwards and landed it after a few attemps.

I used to be able to "black outs" or what ever you call them.

Like running forward and back flip.

never tried them on the flat ground, but i have done them off ledges and into pools (over rotate a little into the pool). so i guess i could do it on the ground.

Havnt done them in a while.

have to bring them back this summer.

and i used to be able to do those butterfly kicks or waht ever you call them.

I can still do the handsprings, no where near as clean as that first video.

Oh and that run up the tree and front flip blew my mind.

they're called gainer flips..... used to be an elite level gymnast and sponsered breakdancer.... can do all of the above plus more... chix lov it.. :D

Theres a fairly chunky muscly guy in there i would imagine to be quite heavy although he does all this shiz. :D

Fark me, here I am thinking Joe Eigo was the shit, apparently not.

No wonder the video inspired you, it would inspire anyone.