Sign in to follow this  
zappy65

Buying a 180SX Type X in QLD

Hey all, I have been looking for a clean 180SX for about 2 months now and have found nothing in QLD worth the money!!

They have either been flogged, smashed (and dodgy repairs/ rust) or are asking for way too much $$$ (Personally i dont think a clean 180SX is worth more then $16000 standard). Ive been to a few dealers who are trying to sell stock 180SX's for $18,000 and they wont budge on the price either

ATM im looking at flying down to Sydney because of the lack of goods up here, on carsales.com there are alot more cars for less money and they look alot cleaner.

Im not really fussed on if i get a Type X or not as long as if i dont, the 180SX i do buy is clean.

Im looking for:

180SX / Type X

White / Black / Silver / Purple (not really picky if its clean)

Less then 150,000km

As close to stock as possible (again not picky if clean)

Prefer 1994 - 1998 models

No previous accident damage (unless repaired properly)

Prefer RWC but not essential

Interior is immaculate (no cracks on dash)

So basically what i want is what i cant find, is this list really that hard to come by or is it that QLD and the import scene are so slow compared to NSW?....

IF ANYONE HAS A 180SX FS OR KNOWS OF SOMEONE WHO DEOS PLZ FORWARD THERE DETAILS TO ME, I HAVE THE FUNDS AND THE TIME BUT IM NOT PARTING MY HARD EARNED $$$ FOR SH!T.....

Eventually if i cant find a clean one in QLD ill either fly to NSW or import. What should i do guys????....

yeah man there's a few in the forsale section. pretty clean, maybe not stock but still nice

you can have mine for 16k as is :]

edit: beaten ^

ta dave

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=328875

This is a mates car.. Though its not completely stock.. awesome car though. He's put a lot of work into it an is well worth the $$ he's asking.

I have contacted Brett through PM and will organise a meet sometime next week.

Most of the cars FS up here are way to expensive (IN MY OPINION) for the car you get.

Edited by zappy65

$16000 for a standard 180sx type x.....................that is a rip off

if ur in vic ill sell u mine for much cheaper

$16000 for a standard 180sx type x.....................that is a rip off

if ur in vic ill sell u mine for much cheaper

its not exactly standard...did u read the thread?

Anyways, I'm gonna get this thread moved to QLD obviously where it needs to be :thumbsup:

i have a 180 but im not selling it coz i dont know if its worth selling

not a type x but its got s15 motor, type x tail lights, body kit, s15 interior, a few extras and a very straight body. is that better than a type x? out of curiosity how much is that worth if anyone knows? i've looked on carsales and the prices for 180s go from between 5k to 25k :S

I spent a premium amount on my 180sx, and it isn't even a type x. $14000, 80k's, PERFECT paint, PERFECT interior, 95 model, no problems on it what so ever. Black top. Stock as stock can be. NO modifications EVER. Oh except for a turbo timer and a stereo. omg no way. took me ages to find it, and I've never looked back. It's worth spending the little bit more sometimes.