Sign in to follow this  
ridemyjansen

Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles

Looks like they should of keep you in jail because it sounds like you have not learn your lesson. My theory always as been it takes hot heads to tango.

Riight....Go back to your censored imaginary land and pretend like this shit doesn't happen in the world. Get over it.

It seems that you talk about 'gangbanging' as a way of surviving, but would it really of been that hard to choose not to associate with those kinds of people and place yourself in threatening situations. I also think that music quote that you choose to live your life by is quite petty, are you saying someone who goes to the authorities for assistance is a lesser person for doing so. From what I know this would result in a vicious cycle of violence, he did this to me so I have every right to do unto him as he has to me. What is wrong with backing down and avoiding confrontation, what do you have to lose, people may see you as a 'pussy' but does that really matter when you can keep yourself out of a dangerous situation. It seems that you dont have an issue with the fact that you partook in illegal activities which were deemed ok in the social circle you were part, illegal activities are deemed illegal because of the negative affect they have on society, ie dealing drugs does not help anyone, it only furthur brings them down and society.

Personally I choose to associate with people who are not criminals as I dont want to become involved in their dealings, I would rather work, get qualifications and not have to worry about being incarcerated (sp) or killed or injured. Additionally believing that a person who looks at you strangely is reason enough to attempt to abuse them, physically or verbally.

All in all I am not a violent person, I always back down and try to break up fights I have never felt as if I have lost anything by doing so but again that is just me.

It is good that you have changed your ways and are going back to study

I can't say I disagree with what you're saying. As I've said in the past, I'm over that lifestyle. Just because I choose to exercise my right to stand up for what I believe in, that makes me a bad person? Because often at times, altercation is the only way to truly resolve something? People who keep themselves out of dangerous situations aren't pussies by any means. People who back down when challenged are. You have to f**king stand up for yourself in life. Words can only do so much.... Is dealing drugs any more immoral than selling tobacco, alcohol or cars. All of which kill more people per year than all illegal substances combined? I don't think so...just because I chose to deal in the black market doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

f**k this. I'm over it. You all have the right to your opinions and you'll never see thing's the way I do, so I'm not even going to try anymore. I've said what I have to say. Take it as you will..

Unfortunately many people that have commented in here don't know the hardship or issues that force lifestyle decisions like you had to make. From people that have experience in similar situations, your beliefs are completed warranted.

It'd be lovely to be able to just stop the way you used to live and everyone be peaceful, though unfortunately that would require everyone to do the same, and that doesn't happen.

It's great for people to preach to you that you have to be the big man and just stop what you're doing, but that doesn't protect your family or your friends that are still in danger.

I can't agree with violence being the way, but I know what it's like to be in those situations and there is quite often no way around it. Standing up for your blood and your friends is key to a strong person in my belief, whatever the cost.

I've had enough of this E-war. Leave your opinions to yourselves, because we all know none of you would pass judgement to my face. And if you did, you'd know full well the consequence of doing so. ;) .

which is a great testament to ur charming character. someone verbally challenges u and u take things physical, possibly endangering urs or others lives.

u would risk incarceration, injury or even death just because someone disagrees with u? u can pound someones face as hard as u want, but u wont be able to beat the irony out of that situation.

go hop back in your box man seriously. if a man has no principles he is no more a greater thing than an ant.

me personally i would die for my family and friends with out a seconds thought, I'm not in a gang so does that mean I am automatically a bad person for saying that??

um, someone can have principles and still not give a flying f**k about their family, honour, pride, respect or any of that shit. i dont think anyone is disputing whether people have principles.

as far as dying for ur family, i think what's more worrying is that ur family and friends are in danger by living the lifestyle u are, and u are put in the situation where u have to protect them on a regular basis. maybe use that money u clearly have and move somewhere gangs are not as prominent and u can walk around the streets without having to carry a gun just in case. then u wont have to protect ur family and friends all the time.

i think saying "i would die for my family" is a pretty overused and broad statement, i wouldnt have an issue risking my life in order to help my family, if there was hope of me being able to help them. but i think what the statement is really saying is that if i was asked, ur life or a family member's life, u would say take my life. which is all good and well to say, but do u really know until u are put in that situation? and would there have to be reason behind it, or would it purely be a show of "courage"?

i am sure there are plenty of times luke has talked shit over without getting violent, and he has said HE DOES NOT CONDONE HIS ACTIONS, he was young and it was a way to look after himself, his family and his friends. Bad situations make good people do bad things.

the issue i have is he says his actions were wrong, but then he continues to defend them.

Who are you to judge him anyway?

Have you been in a fight since primary school? Rage and Adrenal rush are the 2 biggest factors in a fight. control your rage control the rush. most people blank in a confrontation whether remembering the confrontation immediately after the event or months down the track. some people totally freeze when they are confronted.

im another human being, judgment is a vital tool humans have used since their existence, every person judges, its a fact of life, as luke would say, get over it.

being in a fight has no relevance to that point, however yes i do get in fights, whether it be defending myself or defending my mates, i never instigate violence, even if they "disrespect me" and i look like a pussy in their eyes. i wasnt going to touch on this point as i didnt want it to look like a pathetic attempt to make myself look "harder" than i am, but i will stand up for myself or a mate, but i do it for a reason, i know that a relationship with ur mate works both ways, if they are in trouble and u step in and help, they will do the same for u, it's nothing more deep than simply for defensive purposes. as either u or luke mentioned earlier, it is a good feeling knowing ur mates will have ur back.

You're looking at this the wrong way. Everyone can be pushed to do something out of character. These guys (and many more I know) have been pushed and are now paying the price for it. They are not condoning it.

Had they not be pushed, they'd most likely be like you and everyone else persecuting them.

I too once lived with the belief that criminals were criminals and that hardly any of it happened. Plenty of experiences in my past have opened my eyes and I know exactly where Luke is coming from. I can't help but agree with a lot of what he says.

Some of the things I've seen and some of the things that you don't hear about that happen in Adelaide would shock you. The same for any city.

Respect is a lot for anyone. I know if anyone touched my family I wouldn't hold back, and it'd be something they'd regret big time. And that is my reaction only. I would never do anything to endanger my family.

Talk before fighting. But sometimes you can't help it.

I don't find the stories that hard to believe, I find it hard to believe that you lived them.

I don't find the stories that hard to believe, I find it hard to believe that you lived them.

Perhaps you shouldn't stereotype then.

Lol, I don't know what I could/should do to prove what I've been through. I've got paperwork a mile long, and 2 California strikes to boot. Not something to be proud of but a 2 striker is known to gangsters as someone who has earned his stripes.

Respect is a lot for anyone. I know if anyone touched my family I wouldn't hold back, and it'd be something they'd regret big time. And that is my reaction only. I would never do anything to endanger my family.

I'm cold like that. If someone f**ks with my family I first assess if they had it coming to them.

I've taken a beating once for my sister which I loved to death, I refused to fight back because I knew she f**king deserved it (she used to run with some less than nice types), so a due had to be paid. At the same time I was given the same respect, no weapons were to be used.

I agree with some of your other points (which I deleted in the quote heh), crime is nuts everywhere, but it really does come down to your persona which dictates your exposure to it in my experience. I've grown up around gangsters then and gangsters now, while I'm not the most sane person, I never really went down that path.

I've had enough of this E-war. Leave your opinions to yourselves, because we all know none of you would pass judgement to my face. And if you did, you'd know full well the consequence of doing so. ;) .

which is a great testament to ur charming character. someone verbally challenges u and u take things physical, possibly endangering urs or others lives.

u would risk incarceration, injury or even death just because someone disagrees with u? u can pound someones face as hard as u want, but u wont be able to beat the irony out of that situation.

go hop back in your box man seriously. if a man has no principles he is no more a greater thing than an ant.

me personally i would die for my family and friends with out a seconds thought, I'm not in a gang so does that mean I am automatically a bad person for saying that??

um, someone can have principles and still not give a flying f**k about their family, honour, pride, respect or any of that shit. i dont think anyone is disputing whether people have principles.

as far as dying for ur family, i think what's more worrying is that ur family and friends are in danger by living the lifestyle u are, and u are put in the situation where u have to protect them on a regular basis. maybe use that money u clearly have and move somewhere gangs are not as prominent and u can walk around the streets without having to carry a gun just in case. then u wont have to protect ur family and friends all the time.

i think saying "i would die for my family" is a pretty overused and broad statement, i wouldnt have an issue risking my life in order to help my family, if there was hope of me being able to help them. but i think what the statement is really saying is that if i was asked, ur life or a family member's life, u would say take my life. which is all good and well to say, but do u really know until u are put in that situation? and would there have to be reason behind it, or would it purely be a show of "courage"?

i am sure there are plenty of times luke has talked shit over without getting violent, and he has said HE DOES NOT CONDONE HIS ACTIONS, he was young and it was a way to look after himself, his family and his friends. Bad situations make good people do bad things.

the issue i have is he says his actions were wrong, but then he continues to defend them.

Who are you to judge him anyway?

Have you been in a fight since primary school? Rage and Adrenal rush are the 2 biggest factors in a fight. control your rage control the rush. most people blank in a confrontation whether remembering the confrontation immediately after the event or months down the track. some people totally freeze when they are confronted.

im another human being, judgment is a vital tool humans have used since their existence, every person judges, its a fact of life, as luke would say, get over it.

being in a fight has no relevance to that point, however yes i do get in fights, whether it be defending myself or defending my mates, i never instigate violence, even if they "disrespect me" and i look like a pussy in their eyes. i wasnt going to touch on this point as i didnt want it to look like a pathetic attempt to make myself look "harder" than i am, but i will stand up for myself or a mate, but i do it for a reason, i know that a relationship with ur mate works both ways, if they are in trouble and u step in and help, they will do the same for u, it's nothing more deep than simply for defensive purposes. as either u or luke mentioned earlier, it is a good feeling knowing ur mates will have ur back.

You're looking at this the wrong way. Everyone can be pushed to do something out of character. These guys (and many more I know) have been pushed and are now paying the price for it. They are not condoning it.

Had they not be pushed, they'd most likely be like you and everyone else persecuting them.

I too once lived with the belief that criminals were criminals and that hardly any of it happened. Plenty of experiences in my past have opened my eyes and I know exactly where Luke is coming from. I can't help but agree with a lot of what he says.

Some of the things I've seen and some of the things that you don't hear about that happen in Adelaide would shock you. The same for any city.

Talk before fighting. But sometimes you can't help it.

u missed my point.

stop getting your knickers in a knot!

this is worse than a conversation between Chappy and (insert any NS user here).

Regrettably I vote that this thread be closed.

I'm all for sharing what I've been through in my life. But a lot of what I say is falling of deaf ears. I'm tired of being judged for who I am by people who have no right to. This is precisely the reason I didn't want to make it publicly known that I'd been to prison and in a gang in the first place. Too many preconceptions and biased people judging what they can't comprehend. This thread is honestly just pissing me off by people questioning my morals, history and person. I did my crimes , I paid my debt to society and I want to just move on and forget about this shit. It was a dark and ugly chapter of my life, which I'd hoped that would just provide a little real world experience for those who were interested.

This thread turned into a Circus, not passing blame because I contributed to it too. People telling me they don't believe me is just an insult to all the hardships and pain i've gone through to get where I am. I don't know why I feel I need to prove myself to an online community, I just refused to be called a liar, especially about what I've been through. This will be my last post on the matter. Thanks to all those who had my back against these critics trying to crucify me. Later guys.

-Luke

Obvious troll is obvious, get a life random ;)

You have no right to vote here young man, you will be judged for what you have done, as you have said we have a right to our opinion.

if you are willing to discuss your supposed past, understand that we will look at you in a certain way.

It's Federal Law.

BOOO! wtf.... Another way of keeping the man down rofl.

Well, the basic ideology is, if a crime is committed, you have done the wrong thing, why should you profit from a crime?

I'm not judging, just layin' it down for you.

I'm not sure if it's that black and white. He was not guilty of the crimes he committed, and as such should be able to publish his story. There are plenty of Australian books discussing crimes and profiting from them. The law would be interesting to read regarding these laws.

You have no right to vote here young man, you will be judged for what you have done, as you have said we have a right to our opinion.

if you are willing to discuss your supposed past, understand that we will look at you in a certain way.

Stop stirring him Billy. We know you're not against that lifestyle hahahaha :lol:

Perhaps you shouldn't stereotype then.

Lol, I don't know what I could/should do to prove what I've been through. I've got paperwork a mile long, and 2 California strikes to boot. Not something to be proud of but a 2 striker is known to gangsters as someone who has earned his stripes.

Your no tupac but your getting there.

Regrettably I vote that this thread be closed.

I'm all for sharing what I've been through in my life. But a lot of what I say is falling of deaf ears. I'm tired of being judged for who I am by people who have no right to. This is precisely the reason I didn't want to make it publicly known that I'd been to prison and in a gang in the first place. Too many preconceptions and biased people judging what they can't comprehend. This thread is honestly just pissing me off by people questioning my morals, history and person. I did my crimes , I paid my debt to society and I want to just move on and forget about this shit. It was a dark and ugly chapter of my life, which I'd hoped that would just provide a little real world experience for those who were interested.

This thread turned into a Circus, not passing blame because I contributed to it too. People telling me they don't believe me is just an insult to all the hardships and pain i've gone through to get where I am. I don't know why I feel I need to prove myself to an online community, I just refused to be called a liar, especially about what I've been through. This will be my last post on the matter. Thanks to all those who had my back against these critics trying to crucify me. Later guys.

-Luke

Something we both agree, I hope you change, last thing we need here is a big mouth know it all yanky. I hate gangs with a passion, tell me were are all your buddies when the police busted you?

I've got ...2 California strikes to boot. Not something to be proud of ...

does not equate to...

....but a 2 striker is known to gangsters as someone who has earned his stripes.

It's Federal Law.

BOOO! wtf.... Another way of keeping the man down rofl.

Well, the basic ideology is, if a crime is committed, you have done the wrong thing, why should you profit from a crime?

I'm not judging, just layin' it down for you.

I'm not sure if it's that black and white. He was not guilty of the crimes he committed, and as such should be able to publish his story. There are plenty of Australian books discussing crimes and profiting from them. The law would be interesting to read regarding these laws.

To shooter..

How does writing a book constitute an offence of which the proceeds will be forfeited?

I would love to hear you try and explain this :S because from what i see.. "the Act" only relates to proceeds of crime aka drug money, contract for a hit etc etc.. or the forfeiture of shit used in the carrying out of a crime.. eg pill press n shit..

so from my interpretation.. Luke's well in the clear here :)

I guess something good does come from studying law :P

lol Luke, that will be 6minutes charged at $80/6minute block thankyou... PM me for bank transfer details :P

How does writing a book constitute an offence of which the proceeds will be forfeited?

Ergh, it doesn't constitute an offense. You can't profit from crime, what don't you get?

Its kind of funny...

This mentality that Australia is a bit of a 'pussy' place to be (as you put it Luke).

Yet in Australia, we dont have ghettos and slums like the US. In Australia, police actually do make an effort to investigate and solve things because they aren't constantly inundated with gang related bullshit.

You do seem confused with a lot of what you have said. You don't condone the violence/criminal activity you have involved yourself in, yet you both defend it and are happy to use it to your advantage? (eg pulling girls with lines about being in jail)

The typical gangster ideology is to draw some kind of robin hood parallel to their actions. To use the justification of necessity. Wanna know what you would've done if necessity *really* was your motivation?

You would've used the proceeds of your crimes to get the first plane ticket out of there for you and your family.

How do I know? People who come from real hardship do just that. They're called refugees.

Instead, you and your gang (by your own admission this is) had more money than you knew what to do with, your friend bought a $120,000 mercedes, you spent money on alcohol... None of these things sound at all like the actions of someone with no other options. Far far from it.

And I'm not saying this to pass judgement. To be honest, I don't care what you've done in the slightest. The prison stories were an interesting read, but you have gone and insulted peoples intelligence by assuming that noone else could possibly understand the hardship you have endured, noone could relate to the situations you've been in, and that if you don't resolve things using violence then you are a pussy for doing so.

I get the impression that you are hugely misguided, and you'd think that maybe after wasting one and a half years of your life fighting for your life in jail for something that you apparently didn't do, you'd have enough sense to completely denounce and actively distance yourself from absolutely any and every aspect of gang life, right...?

Just my 2c ;)

Ergh, it doesn't constitute an offense. You can't profit from crime, what don't you get?

Dude.. since when is writing a book a crime?

Find the section in the legislation thats directly relevant to this scenario....

its like saying that fkn dennis furgeson or whoever goes on an interview with 60minutes/aca/tnt and has to do it for free.. because he cant "profit" from a crime.. lol

The statute is in relation to shit like drug money, hit money etc like i explained before.. not f**kin story telling...

Your interpretation is not the be all end all mate.. i dont see your name on the HCA bench...

Where would the legal profession be if your interpretation was the only one that is valid...

oh thats right.. it wouldnt exist.

Its kind of funny...

This mentality that Australia is a bit of a 'pussy' place to be (as you put it Luke).

Yet in Australia, we dont have ghettos and slums like the US. In Australia, police actually do make an effort to investigate and solve things because they aren't constantly inundated with gang related bullshit.

You do seem confused with a lot of what you have said. You don't condone the violence/criminal activity you have involved yourself in, yet you both defend it and are happy to use it to your advantage? (eg pulling girls with lines about being in jail)

The typical gangster ideology is to draw some kind of robin hood parallel to their actions. To use the justification of necessity. Wanna know what you would've done if necessity *really* was your motivation?

You would've used the proceeds of your crimes to get the first plane ticket out of there for you and your family.

How do I know? People who come from real hardship do just that. They're called refugees.

Instead, you and your gang (by your own admission this is) had more money than you knew what to do with, your friend bought a $120,000 mercedes, you spent money on alcohol... None of these things sound at all like the actions of someone with no other options. Far far from it.

And I'm not saying this to pass judgement. To be honest, I don't care what you've done in the slightest. The prison stories were an interesting read, but you have gone and insulted peoples intelligence by assuming that noone else could possibly understand the hardship you have endured, noone could relate to the situations you've been in, and that if you don't resolve things using violence then you are a pussy for doing so.

I get the impression that you are hugely misguided, and you'd think that maybe after wasting one and a half years of your life fighting for your life in jail for something that you apparently didn't do, you'd have enough sense to completely denounce and actively distance yourself from absolutely any and every aspect of gang life, right...?

Just my 2c ;)

Wasn't going to reply, but this is my thread and I feel as if I should have the last word in the matter.

As I've said to others. Yes, you're right that Australia doesn't have the gangs, violence to the degree L.A does etc etc. I also said I was proud of that factor, I'm not denouncing that. I'm saying that many Australian's honestly have no f**king clue how dangerous of a place L.A is for exactly that reason, They havn't been exposed to anything like it.

I still stand behind the point that I do not condone violence. I don't know if you read correctly but everything I've been saying in this thread is past tense. Meaning how I was before I got locked up. Yes, back then if you pissed me off I would've severely beat you. If you made a serious attack myself or a family or friend, I'd most likely try to kill you. I'm dead serious, Mentalities like that are as common in L.A as cars, so don't think I'm just trying to be a keyboard warrior. You guys don't know me for shit. That being said, that was years ago man. I was a kid, and have done much growing up since. And I NEVER said I picked up girls with lines that I was in Prison. I said I was from L.A. Big difference there.

I'm sick of reiterating the same point but I'll do it again. I do not condone criminal activity. I only provide the reasoning behind it. When directly the f**k have I ever said Criminal activity was good? I've always said it was immoral, and that no one should follow in my footsteps. My posts may seem biased, because I hate judgmental people. I've been scrutinized by complete pieces of shit in the legal system, people who told me I deserved to be killed for what I did. It's a f**ked up feeling to be truly judged, not based on who you are, but on the circumstances you're put in and forced to be prosecuted for. I believe people shouldn't judge and criticize unless they themselves have gone through the same thing. Is that so wrong? Who are you to say that you would never do such things if placed in a similar scenario?

I havn't justified what gangs do, just gave reason. I don't believe all gangsters should have the romantic notoriety of a Robin Hood type character. I know that 90% of gangbangers are complete pieces of shit. But I don't generalize, because I know there are good people who just got sucked into it. That's where me and most of this board disagree. You think they're all in the same melting pot and deserve to be treated the same way, they're not and they shouldn't.

And Jesus Christ, the more of your post I read, the most nonsensical it gets. I NEVER said I got into gangbanging for money. I said most gangbangers do.

My friend buying his car is completely irrelevent. I wasn't using my friends as a general example of why people start banging. But in this particular friends case.....What car do you think my friend drove before he started gangbanging? Guess where he lived? Guess what family he had?- He couldn't afford a car, He lived basically out of a homeless shelter because his parents were deported. He came from absolutely nothing to being able to afford to provide for himself and now his daughter.

I havn't insulted everyone's intelligence. If someone can relate to what I've been through, I implore them to come here trade war stories. I can guarantee I have more. Unless you've grown up in an extremely hostile environment, you can't . PLain and simple, you can watch all the Cop shows and Prison break you want, it doesn't mean you've lived the life.

I don't denounce all aspects of my previous life. I denounce crime to the fullest extent. I won't commit acts of violence unless I absolutely have to. I will not ever betray my friends back home, despite what they do, or how they do it. I'll always have their backs, they're my brother's and I'd still die for each and everyone of them if I could. My current life speaks for itself man, I don't bang anymore, I don't do drugs, I don't carry a gun, I don't even dress the same. Do I want to progress in my life? Yes. Do I want to turn my back on my history, my friends and act like it never happened? No. It's part of me, and like it or not, it'll be a part of me tomorrow and the next day.

Like I've said guys. Keep in mind I'm only arguing that you guys shouldn't judge myself and people who bang. Not defending it. If anyone felt offended that I'm minimalizing(Isn't a word, but should be IMO) Australia because I refuse to see it as the same caliber as L.A...that's just my opinion. Sorry if it offended you.

If people feel like I'm flaunting my status or what I've been through I'm not. I'm just saying because of my past, I'm more than qualified to speak on the matter. yeah I've got 2 strikes, and Tupac didn't have shit on that :P . Jk guys don't take it too seriously.

For BillyE : We have our differences man.... I'm not gonna judge you for being skeptical. But when it comes to proof vs. Skepticism. Proof owns.

Until I can sort through the endless paper work and letters. Here are some pictures of prison memorabilia. My camera's still in the U.S, so I had to take shitty shots with the webcam. First is the photo on my Prison ID. 2nd: Inmate pass from Chino State Pen. 3rd. Inmate visitation form from Chino State pen.

Hope this adds a little credibility to my story.

083302.jpg

My first Prison shot, before I wen't gangster and reshaved my head. And no it isn't a mullet, its a shadow lol.

083507.jpg

083344.jpg

Man, these pictures are terrible but until I get a scanner or cam, they'll have to suffice.

-Luke

wow first 10 or so pages of the thread were freakin awesome :D

now it's turned into arguments that shouldn't be on a forum? O_o imo anyway :P

I don't think people should judge each other without understanding and empathy : >

Luke, healthy debate is always a good thing. Unfortunately many members here are close minded and think that nothing like this happens in their world. It does, and they just don't see it. I've watched people stabbed in Adelaide, shot at, and all sorts of things I won't go into. It's just the majority of people won't see it.

If you are going to debate with Luke, keep an open mind. Most of you are not debating, and are just telling him he's wrong without even considering what he has been through, or what you don't see in society.

I seriously have to laugh at the innocent people in this thread that find it so hard to believe. It's life guys, and many people have not had the benefit of avoiding it like you.

Keep it up Luke. You're doing an awesome job moving forward. Buzz me if you head to Adelaide and I'll show ya round.

Luke, healthy debate is always a good thing. Unfortunately many members here are close minded and think that nothing like this happens in their world. It does, and they just don't see it. I've watched people stabbed in Adelaide, shot at, and all sorts of things I won't go into. It's just the majority of people won't see it.

If you are going to debate with Luke, keep an open mind. Most of you are not debating, and are just telling him he's wrong without even considering what he has been through, or what you don't see in society.

I seriously have to laugh at the innocent people in this thread that find it so hard to believe. It's life guys, and many people have not had the benefit of avoiding it like you.

Keep it up Luke. You're doing an awesome job moving forward. Buzz me if you head to Adelaide and I'll show ya round.

agreed ;)

good post dude

I think that post is pretty spot on.

However, I guess the point I was also trying to make is that maybe Luke should keep an open mind too...

An American ghetto isn't the only place you will find trouble or hardship, so my point is that it's perfectly valid for people to say 'hey, it's not quite right to say that 'gangbanging' is the *only* way out of a tough situation'.

I realise this isn't a 100% direct parallel, but Aussie farmers doing it tough with the drought - is the *only* way for them to get by to steal from others? Nope, not at all. It might be one way, and you might argue that it is justified in the circumstances.

But to say that it is the only way out, and that people who arent drought affected farmers simply cant comprehend the situation is a bit insulting firstly to people who can understand just fine and secondly to the farmers who have gotten by legitimately...

I dont mean anything Ive said in an offensive way, Im debating my view on the matter.

Luke - you said you 'havent justified what gangs do, just gave reason'. Well giving reason is justifying something? To say 'I joined a gang and did some shit that I regret... But I did it because life was hard!', well that is a textbook example of justification really?

And again just for the sake of debate, I strongly disagree that Australians have no clue how dangerous a place like LA can be. No, we DEFINITELY dont have the same gang involvement as LA, I dont think anyone would logically disagree with that.

But that doesn't mean we can't relate to, understand or comprehend what it may be like in LA (or elsewhere for that matter), nor that we haven't experienced dangerous situations ourselves.

I guess I'm trying to say that it's a bit of a weak excuse to be saying that you dont condone what gang members do, but it is if not justified, at least legitimised somewhat by the circumstances of those who involve themselves in it.

Do you agree that it may be a little insulting for those who have dealt with hardship (financial or otherwise), and have come from nothing and succeeded without breaking the law, to be saying that there isnt really any other way?

(Again, I don't mean it to be insulting, I'm trying to provide you with a little insight as to how the world outside LA works ;) )

I think that post is pretty spot on.

However, I guess the point I was also trying to make is that maybe Luke should keep an open mind too...

An American ghetto isn't the only place you will find trouble or hardship, so my point is that it's perfectly valid for people to say 'hey, it's not quite right to say that 'gangbanging' is the *only* way out of a tough situation'.

I realise this isn't a 100% direct parallel, but Aussie farmers doing it tough with the drought - is the *only* way for them to get by to steal from others? Nope, not at all. It might be one way, and you might argue that it is justified in the circumstances.

But to say that it is the only way out, and that people who arent drought affected farmers simply cant comprehend the situation is a bit insulting firstly to people who can understand just fine and secondly to the farmers who have gotten by legitimately...

This post is soo irrelevant its funny..

Drought stricken farmers got many many MANY millions of $$$ of taxpayer money in the worst time of the drought. The "tough situation" Luke here is talking about, is being shot at.. not being hungry, or poor.. in his case anyway but for the majority of gang-bangers, poverty is what they are born into. They get no aid, the Government's "control" mechanism is the 3 strikes rule.. which Luke mentioned.

So whilst our farmers aren't making ENOUGH money because they're crops aren't in full harvest, the Aust. Government is throwing them handout after handout after handout, while the US. Government is pretty much spitting on the lower rungs of the social order and bailing out the upper and middle class with Trillion dollar bailout schemes..

The "hard times" you relate our drought to is relevant to the "hard times" American C.E.O's are facing because they might need to think twice before buying that new Rolex, or upgrading that Mercedes.

The Gold Coast is the most mediocre place in Australia in terms of gang-banging and organised criminal activity... people up here deal for shits and giggles, because they want a Mercedes before they hit 19, this n that.. Australia, gang-banging is purely about notoriety not survival.. I think that's where the narrow minded views of this forum originate... Imagine if you had to risk your life every day just to get to school and get an education BUT to pay for that education, you had to do a few bad deeds. That education is the only thing that stands a chance of getting you out of the very situation you need to get into in order to even possess that opportunity.

Australia aint called the Land of Opportunity for nothin..

i don't really know what all this argueing is about but people should more or less feel privileged that Luke is sharing his story. he has already explained in a lengthy post that he doesn't mean no disrespect to any of our ways of life etc etc. he knows damn well that the stuff he did in LA could not be done here as there are far more serious ramifications here than in LA. I believe that until every one of us has gone to LA for 8 or so yrs and lived in a not so rich suburb, to experience the daily life, they should not pass judgement. Just let this guy get on with his life and write his book.

People who have committed crimes can write books and recieve the benefits from selling them. A former Aussie SAS bloke went to thailand or something and helped them stage a coup against the govt!! he became a wanted man and eventually was captured and brought back to Australia and sent to prison for numerous years. he got out and wrote a book about the whole lot! from his days in the Army and the Regiment, to his days in thailand training guerilla fighters and helping them, to his days spent in jail, and even after he got out and got to be with his family again!

I googled 45 family just for laughs and it seems like they are DJ's in London. Were you guys DJ's by any chance?

Luke, i've found your story fascinating, I hope that sharing it has somehow helped you begin to move on. I imagine you aren't receiving any reintegration and rehabilitation support as you've changed countries, I hope you're coping with the change.

People telling me they don't believe me is just an insult to all the hardships and pain i've gone through to get where I am. I don't know why I feel I need to prove myself to an online community, I just refused to be called a liar, especially about what I've been through. .

-Luke

Unfortunately over the last 1-2 years while you've been locked up society has put a huge importance on socialising over the internet, I find it absoloute garbage and I don't see why these insults should bother you, anyway most people have enjoyed the thread, just realise at the end of the day the internet gives anyone and everyone a mouthpiece and those most likely to abuse this are those compensating because they're too timid or weak or introverted to say things to your face, this is the whole reason I won't get facebook etc it would distort and waste my precious social time while I could be having a meaningful conversation with someone (really showing my age here lol). /rant

For the record I despise gangster culture and lifestyles, i'm glad you saw the destructive side of it and left. If you have the time you should find Anthony Keidis' autobiography Scar Tissue, a very entertaining read about his adventures growing up in LA surrounded by gangs and drugs and his trials of being able to seperate himself from darker influences.

Hey luke, just thought i'd holla at ya mate, joined this forum purely from reading ur stories n wanting more :)

^ very nice post there mate, spot on.

Also to luke: great to hear that u've came to australia! Glad u made it out alright and all.

Don't close this thread (almost typed threat lololol) great read indeed, also i wanna know more about gang war stories and what not, can you share some stories about more like planned gang wars? like not accidental some guy looked at someone else wrongly n triggered things there n then, more maybe like a retaliation, or what not... or just i dunno fight for territory? for the business? n what not, also fill us like gang rankings or anything like that within the LA ? :D how did ur 45family do around town? and where abouts are you guys "located" in LA n what not ? thanks mate!

Thanks man.

At the risk of starting another shit throwing competition. I'll fill you in on the gang life I used to live. Starting from the beginning I guess since I never actually told you guys how you get in. As some of you may or may not know, to join a gang you go through an initiation. For me it was getting jumped in. Basically I got the living shit beat out of me by my best friends. Very unpleasant, but it has it's reasons.

1. Show that you're willing to bleed for what you believe in.

2. Show you how it feels to be outnumbered and with no one to back you.

3. Show you a little taste of how it will be if you decide to leave the gang.

My gang wasn't like other street gangs per se. We did operate in similar ways. We had no colour allegiance, we weren't bloods or crips. We accepted no new recruits. We started with 45 of the most trustworthy people in our circle. There were many reasons for starting the gang. Mainly we were just tired of other gangs pushing their weight in our neighborhoods. Tired of getting shot at everytime we went to parties. As i've said before, there's no reasoning with violent people, and the only thing they will ever respect is violence. So we started fighting back..We had A LOT of enemies: AKP ( Ak Rho Pinoys) Filipino Gang out of L.A, JFX- Jefrox: A Filipino/Mex gang, Van Nuys and Valley Side Asian Boyz, Rollin 60's Crips, Venice Shore Line Crips, Monterey Park Wah Ching, KZ-Korean Soldierz. We only had one true ally : The 4 Seas Mafia.

We did get up to incredibly stupid shit at the pinnacle of the life style. Our businesses revolved around X and Coke because we had very good connections we chose to mainly deal in those 2 drugs. We also got into Gun running and Protection money(Extortion). Ofcourse, it doesn't all just work out the way we want it to, and we did have to get our hands dirty on many occasions, But I'm not going to go into that for reasons I'm sure all of you can appreciate. Like I said, I've done more than my share of dirt.

The Majority of the gang was located in the San Fernando Valley, with a few members in L.A and a few in Palmdale. Since there was some space between us we did semi-divide into sets. Living in the West part of the Valley I was in the Westside Set. There was West, North, L.A side, and Palm Side 45 Family.

Our gang structure was such that we all shared an equal opinion on matters. No man had more say than the next, there was no head. The only times we All met together was when something very serious happened. Someone selling in our territory, another gang trying to push in etc. We'd vote on the course of action, and 90% of the time, it was decided that we would retaliate with force. That's the way people operate in L.A, shoot first ask questions last. It's a warzone....

Territory wise, we controlled everything West of Fallbrook Ave and Victory Blvd. Everything North of Tampa Ave, and Victory Blvd. Small parts of North Hollywood, L.A and Palmdale. And it is like in movies where people try to push their way into your turf. That's when you have to send a clear message through to them and others who are thinking of doing the same.

Number's wise, we were one of the smallest gangs in the Greater L.A region, but We were also one of the most disliked, feared and respected gangs out there too.

I've bled and made bleed for the gang, I'll put it that way. But after seeing my friends die and get locked up for ridiculous amounts of time. I'd had enough. I decided to stop. Usually when someone gets out, they get jumped out. The same way they got in, But these were more than just fellow gangmembers to me, they were brothers. i'd bled along side them and we'd become family. I told them, I'm not going to claim, I'm not going to bang, but if anyone in 45 gets seriously hurt or killed, I'll ride with 45 and go to war . That was my stance and they accepted it for what it was. It's not a good lifestyle and having to look out of your window every 10 minutes, have video cameras set up outside your house, and have a loaded gun on your waist 24/7 isn't a good feeling. Going to friends funerals, seeing my friends get locked up, having gang unit tailing you around everywhere. To sum it up, it just isn't worth it.

One of the worst experiences I had was encountering a rival after I had got out. He recognized me and knew who I was. I was riding in my girlfriends car at the time, and he followed us... still feeling as though I was in a gang, I told my girlfriend to drive a covered parking lot in the valley, I was about to show this fool what's up. Just then I remembered I didn't have my gun on me , as a final act of civility I had decided to put down my gun the week before. That's how accustomed I was to having a gun on me for the past couple of years. It was then I realized how badly I'd f**ked up, We had drove into an enclosed space with 1 entrance/exit. In a last ditch attempt to prevent my chick from getting hurt I got out of the car and started to walk towards his, I told my girlfriend to get the f**k out and I'd call her to pick me up some where else. She didnt listen and just parked the car. I don't remember what was going through my head ,other than how long can I hold off until he draws his gun?

I was relieved when I saw he was the only person in the car, he got out and started to walk towards me. I couldn't beleive my luck. I was expecting to see his door open and to see him crouch behind it pull out a gun and start busting. It was at this point where I thought I had it figured, we would settle this with fists. Wrong. No sooner had I squared up and got ready to throw down than I saw him reaching for something behind him. f**k, that was all my brain kept repeating. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at my head, I started saying " I don't bang anymore", and all the lines that I could think of that would make him think twice about putting a bullet in my brain. The only thing I could hear was my girlfriend screaming and crying in the background. He looked to her and I got ready to make an attempt for the gun if he decided he would try to hurt her. He looked back at me , and I said again that I wasn't in that shit anymore. He said something to the effect of " If I ever catch you slipping again I'ma blast you homie, Jefrox Gang Nigga" He raised the gun, pistol whipped me to the side of the head. Spit on me and called me a bitch, then got back in his car and drove off.

I was on the ground with my head bleeding...

At this point I was furious! Not only that I had almost been killed but that my Girlfriend could've been hurt too. I had already started the wheels in motion, I was on the phone to my friend and getting ready to tell him to grab as many of the boys he could find. Strap up and pick me up, we're going to kill this motherf**ker tonight . Right then, I realized that I would be betraying everything I had promised myself, my family and my girlfriend. I couldn't go back to the gang, no matter what. I did something I hadn't done in years.....Let it go. I hung up the phone and went home, I never said a word of it to my friends because I knew that If I did, someone would die that day.

Sorry for the essay guys, but I hope this provides with a little perspective on what my life was like on a daily basis. I hope this gives you a little more appreciation for what I've been through and what being in a gang in L.A is like.

-Luke