Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

Kakimoto or Fujitsubo exhaust?

After gettin the silencer taken out of my new ebay spec exhaust it is way to loud it would easily go over 100db so time for a decent exhaust.

So i've heard the kakimoto and fujitsubo exhausts are some of the quietest you can get, so i'm gonna invest in one of those but don't know which one would be closest to going under 90db with a 3 inch front and dump pipe with high flow CAT?

So if anyone has these exhausts let me know how quiet they are and which model is the quieter one out of the kakimoto or fujitsubo exhaust?

Would also like a decent note when actually giving it some though so it still sounds decent?

thanks.

considering Greddy PE2 they pretty quite and good quality exhaust too

price wise might be cheaper as wel

My sis and I both have 2.5" Kakimoto Regu 06&R cat-backs on our s13s. may not be a fair comparison but the kakimoto is much quieter than our older exhausts. she used to have a 3" monsta peformance cat-back and i had 3" twin pipes from just jap.

should also note that my sister's s13 has an xforce cat and is slightly louder than mine but I still have a stock cat (still waiting on metalcats <_ one upside of her system tho is that it sounds a lot better than mine src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:">

fujitsubo legalis, mate has one and it sounds nice and quiet on idle but nice up on the rev range

There the two I heard about the kakimoto 06&R and the Fujitsubo legalis I think but I really want to know what one will come under the 90db limit the easiest when put as a turbo back 3" system and high flow CAT.

Would not be very cool to pay $$$ for one and make over 90db

Yeah thats why I wanna know how quiet they actually are but they are rated at being under 92db so I dunno.

That's rite they are rated at 92 db which must be the japanese standard so reasonably quiet but not under 90db you would maybe have to add another resonator or something

That sucks I don't wanna pay he big bucks and then still have an illegal exhaust.

Has anyone actually had theres tested to see what it would blow?

I have a fujitsubo "power getter" catback on my 180sx - 3" pipe then after the resonator the pipes are 3.5" to the tip.

when I had JUST the catback installed, seemed to be pretty reasonable on idle, once you open it up you'll definately hit 104db as per shift performance.

but on idle it wasn't as loud as I thought it'll be.

and I currently have a full turboback exhaust with a fujitsubo catback and to be honest its pretty loud at full throttle and just a deep note on idle, but you'd expect that with any quality free flowing exhaust system.

Dont know my exact db output at the moment, i've got the Fujitsubo booklet at home i'll post up any relevant info for you.

but from shiftperformance, they said that just a catback alone it'll be at 104db at the highest db output. but then again you need to take into account the different models of each exhaust. i.e Fujitsubo legalis R, power getter etc etc.

nah, but im in the same boat. i got epa'd and with a 3"dump and front pipe and de-cat pipe and stock catback i blew 83db, you can hear the fuel pump over it lol, im stuck with that a 3.5" straight through which is like a billion db and a 3" gktech one that sounds great but doesnt really fit the s15 properly, i think i might get the fujitsubo, apparently they have been around since the 50's and are some jap pride and joy kinda deal

Dam the laws suck I don't think i'll get one of the exhausts if they are still gonna be over 90db for over $800 for a catback I think I might just get a cheaper one and add a muffler and hope I don't lose to much power.

I am pretty certain a Fujitsubo Legalis catback exhaust would be well within the legal limit. I've got a Fujitsubo Power Getter on my S13 along with a C.E.S dump pipe and when i had the standard turbo still, i had my exhuast tested and it was 91dB. When i installed my GT2871r it was bit louder, but thats expected.

My exhaust sounds awesome too, a lot better than many SR20det's i've heard.

i have a fujitsubo legalis R oval muffler catback, supposed to be about 90 to 92db but found it to be pretty quiet. sounds awesome as well and so far no hassles from the police force

ive got a 3" kakimoto catback (cannon), relatively loud due to the rotor :lol: sorry i cant help.

I have the kakimoto regu on my autech, it isn't too loud, I haven't had it tested but at idle it's faiy quiet same with low revs just when it starts to push 4k+ it really picks up. Ki d of a raspy angry sound, I'd post something for you but my converter shat itself so Its sounding pretty feral atm. The piping isn't very close the the body though so scrapage is a bitch sometimes, maccas speedhumps are death but anything else is generally alright. I haven't heard much on the fujitsubo though so can't help you there.

i know this isnt one of the jap brands you mentioned but x-force do turbo back exhaust systems and they are rated at 90db. its an aussie company so you support australia and maybe save a bit of coin in the long run. just my .2 cents.

Are you sure any 3" exhaust with a hi flowing cat can do below 90db? A hi flow cat will causing your db to increase and most exhausts rate their db by a standard cat. I've got a 3" CES full system (magna flow twin tip stock looking s15 style with a big oval resonator) and it was 88db on 4000rpm standing like 1.5m or something away? I forget I have the certificate somewhere lol so don't quote me on this yet.

After I got the hi flow metal substrate cat, it was noticably louder so there is no way it is below 90db. Not sure if you will be able to get below 90db with a cannon exhaust tip.

From my experience, you are in legal db's using a CES system with standard cat. Have yet to get a reading on CES system with hi flowing cat.

^^I'm surprised you have such a quiet exhaust.

When I got EPA'd, I had a 3" dump pipe and standard cat back including cat and it was 87db on backoff. (S13 blacktop tested at 4800rpm)

I doubt many 3" systems would be under 90db, especially with hi-flow cat.

Fujitsubo have all the info you need on their web site which includes Db rating, Expected power gain, pipe diameters and some sound clips just to give you an idea.