Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

The random photography thread

just ask them to go cheaper, jb usually knock off a fair amount from the listed price

Sweet man, might do that! :D

And.. see how much they knock off a 3d tv lol

No complaints from the Yongnuo YN-560 flash. Its a great flash and for under 100 bucks (i think from memory) you cant go wrong.

Offcourse not full ettl and other fancy stuff from a 580exii but flash output is just as good.

Lots of people are using them. Im going to buy a few more and use them as my light fill when lighting up receptions.

Yeah, I expected less options.

I'll order one, it's only 50 or something, plus I've decided not to jump into high priced equipment.

Start off small and learn my way up.

ask for a free gift. My gf's parents got a free $300 cabinet with there tv, and instead of giving them a series 6 LCD they gave them a series 8 for the price of a 6 :D

In other news, I just unboxed my D7000 :D :D :D :D

How much did you pick up the d7000 for if you dont mind me asking?

Store/Online/Overseas? PM me if you like ^-^

got it from JB for $1450 Body only. Honk Kong does them for $1200 but no Aus warranty.

got it from JB for $1450 Body only. Honk Kong does them for $1200 but no Aus warranty.

so how is it? loving it i bet.

good to hear you bought the body here with aus warranty, would def be a pain to send back overseas if you had an issue

yeh the gf is anoyed that I spend more time playing around on the camera than I do with her tongue.gif

I was soooo tempted to get a Honk Kong deal, but risking that much money and having to send back and forth to fix a problem didnt add up. an extra $250 is well worth the peace of mind.

Anyone else short sighted?

Been trying to work manual focus more lately on my D60 but with been short sighted despite adjusting the little slider thing on the eye piece I find that what looks in focus to me is actually out of focus once I review it on PC. Even reviewing on the camera I don't notice it.

I'd wear my glasses but I find it uncomfortable and I don't have contact lenses.

Pretty nub question but has anyone got a another suggestion?

when i first tried manual focus i would get it to what i thought was focused then take a few shots changing the focus slightly, put them up on the computer and figure it out then.

What exactly does warranty cover?

I have 4 yrs from jb + 1 from canon, or 3 and 2.

Does it cover lens's ? Cause I think my lens is acting up, never been dropped though.

the canon warranty should cover the lens. Im not 100% on how it all works but i feel alot safer buying from a shop i can walk into rather than sending e-mails back and forth. Yelling has more of an effect when its face to face and not just caps lock

haha sounds like you have done this before..

hey guys, its been a long time away from car forums for me, but I'm back lol! at least on the photography sections anyway, I have finally got some spare time to actually play with my camera again, just ordered a new body so looking forward to some of the photo comps again :P

Sweet.. Start up a new portfolio thread :)

Looking to purchase a new body relatively soon, I've had my d90 for a fair while, looking for something a little better! Looking at the D800 or D800e, still waiting for some more reviews etc....work out if its worth it!

D800 is a awesome camera. Played around with a mate of mine. Thinking if getting one myself

Yeah I'm wanting to have a play with one before commiting thats for sure, the 36mp is going to make for some huge files as well.

Hey Guys if anybody could help i'd appreciate it!

was recently using a Canon 1100d but I've upgraded to a new Canon 60D with the standard 18-55mm lens kit! Great camera by the way! . Hopefully getting a wide angle lens soon too!

I want to try and take some rolling shots similar to this one -

get-at26.jpg

And also how can i achieve this summer type filter through Photoshop etc -

128.jpg

If someone could explain how to go about this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

First photo - Put your lens in Tv mode. That is set the shutter speed and the camera will do the rest automatically. Shutter speed around 1/80th-1/125th perhaps. Experiment with these low shutter speeds and see what you can do.

Offcourse for best panning shots its good to have a proper rig built, but im sure you can just stick your head out of the window and do it.

Second photo - Looks like its been shot wide open with the sun shining straight at the lens. Hence why nothing is in focus and bit of CA on the house. So most likely shot at f1.2 or 1.4 etc. Then most likely just warmed up in post.

Any Cannon kids in here mucking around with old FD lenses on an EF body?

I've picked up a a bunch of dirt cheap primes off fleabay in good condition and an adpater to suit the mount difference and I'm getting some cool shots.

Purchased the new canon 24-70f4 IS L lens.. Hopefully it arrives soon :)

Just purachsed a Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, newer two ring model

nice work! looking forward to seeing how that glass helps u out

N1!!!!!!

8367544132_07835871bc_b.jpg

Sign in to follow this