Siddr20

The random photography thread

just sum random pics i took on my n95

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Ok here are some pics from the Sigma 17-70 - all JPEGS from camera, with 3 raw converted, which is rare when I travel unless I have time. One shot has been edited as u can see in order to enhance a story i was writing about teen depression in Japan.

I dont recommend traveling with an L lens, due to the size and weight. Good travellers blend into the locals not stand out like a sore thumb that shows wealth and 'ROB ME' label over their heads

IMGP4907.jpg

_IGP6362.jpg

_IGP4871.jpg

_IGP4939.jpg

IMGP5212.jpg

IMGP5222.jpg

IMGP4913.jpg

IMGP9941.jpg

_IGP1553.jpg

_IGP1555.jpg

_IGP0259.jpg

_IGP9258.jpg

cool shots!!

ummm i have a 10-22 that is a great lense, but i rarely use it as it dont fit my 1D, i been looking at the 17-40 too...

the 17-70 is great value, but i have my 28-70 F2.8 and i really need some thing wider, to replace the 10-22

i have lense envy and woes... :(

and i tried that 10-20 thing but its for a APS sized thing.. so it dont do well on my 1D as well...

:(

M

just sum random pics i took on my n95

cool shots, but i have one question...

does the neighbour know that your taking pics of his car / GF.. (please note this is a joke!!!)

like the low angles and its versatile.... your camera makes phone calls too!!

:D

M

theres the Sigma 12-24, and 15-30 that is full frame Mike, and Photographic Wholesalers on Hutt st have a Canon 20-35 EF for $495, which they might be willing to negotiate on price I reckon. Im gonna pester Ian to sell it to me for under $400 so u should have a crack too! Hopefully its not on consignment.

I have the 17-70 2.8 sigma and I love it, used it primarily wile in Japan! only thing is that it will not work on the 5D when I get it.

the 10-20 canon is one of the best lenses ive used and will buy one when I get the body. My long lens is a sigma 70-200 2.8. I love sigma lenses

the 10-22 canon wont fit on the 5D mate, purely an EF-S lens, but the 70-200 Sigma will as its a full frame lens :)

I guess this thread will also turn into a photo thread uh :P

Can get anyone here Canon 50D BODY ONLY from Canon Australia with full 12 months local warranty for $1660

cheaper than grey imports even!

Anyone selling a canon dslr body? Any entry level type slrs? Eg) 400d??

Wish i never sold my 350d..

We currently have a silver body 350D in excellent condition on consignment from an old man with the 18-55 kit lens for $450

I cant shop in the US for 2nd hand stuff atm because the Aussie dollar is killing me! :(

Does anyone know the difference between the green and blue coloured HOYA Cir-Polarizing Filters?

Both look the same lol

Eg) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOYA-58mm-Circular-...id=p3286.c0.m14

and http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hoya-58mm-Cir-Polar...id=p3286.c0.m14

Also another quick question..

Would i need to put a UV filter on as well when using a cir-polarizing filter?

Does anyone know the difference between the green and blue coloured HOYA Cir-Polarizing Filters?

Both look the same lol

Eg) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOYA-58mm-Circular-...id=p3286.c0.m14

and http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hoya-58mm-Cir-Polar...id=p3286.c0.m14

Also another quick question..

Would i need to put a UV filter on as well when using a cir-polarizing filter?

i think its just the colour of the packaging :P i had the blue one when i bought one for my old kit lens :P bit of a pain in the ass on a kit lens tho with the ring turning to focus lol!

UV does not really that much, well noticable anyway with digital, i think it was more evident on film cameras, most ppl i have spoken to use them for more of a reassurance for if you dropped your lens, u break/scratch or dust the uv filter, instead of expensive glassware...having said that i never ran a UV, i had a 1B sunlight filter i used with it on sometimes, but the effects were not really that noticable...

Thought it might just be the packaging :)

Cheers for that!! Might buy one soon.

sidd u planning on doing an infra-red conversion? i really wanna do that! would make for some crazy landscape shots. *hint* *hint* :lol:

i'm sure you can find a cheap body around somewhere. i'm thinking of getting a 50D, might convert the 400D to an infra-red camera!

Nah im not.. Just wanted a normal polarizing filter..

Hmm to be honest i really dont like that type of photography. Sure some examples look good, but it doesn't appeal to me much sorry!!

yea buy that 50d :) you will love it!!

Hamish and Andy were near Adelaide today for their trip to Darwin...

2981392266_77c010aa35_o.jpg

2981391660_93033af415_o.jpg

2981391364_66c4a4dd92_o.jpg

2981390996_968fd7f4a2_o.jpg

2981390232_816126a323_o.jpg

I just got a new camera (Fuji Finepix S5800) so am playing around with it at the moment...

DSCF5958.jpg

DSCF5953.jpg

DSCF5952.jpg

Will be goin out for some landscape shots tomoz...

Any advice is greatly appreciated... :lol:

Harris

Guys if u are heading out to buy a Canon 50D, then its time to reconsider

latest review on www.dpreview.com has, along with other users and sites - that the high ISO performance is worse than a 40D and 30D due to high pixel density, worse dynamic range, etc. And the increase in resolution is not very noticeable either

there is a giant shite storm atm on the 50D forum there if anyone wants to have a look and read at all the complaints and criticisms and fanboys defending Canon.

as I have said earlier on here, and to my customers and clients - Canon has lost the plot in thinking more pixels is better, sure if may shift a few more units, but it just makes them look like a joke for the working professional, who are seeing the light in Nikon's ground breaking D300, D700 and the best DSLR on the market atm the D3.

So a 40D new or 2nd hand, serves as a much better buy atm......!

The 5DmkII remains the only hope left for Canon to regain any credibility with the semi pro and pro crowds. I have managed to give one a test run in the studio in Melbourne recently - only one of 5 or so in Australia atm - low ISO is fantastic but have not tested high ISO yet.

WARNING: the Canon rep and myself concurred that u need at least the 24-105 L, or 24-70 L on it to make full use of the new sensor, otherwise u will get crap IQ as it really shows a lens flaws.

Hey Sidd I rang the customer for u to see if he would drop his price on the 350D, but hes adamant atm of keeping it at the same price as hes not in a rush to need money.........sorry man!

we may have a 2nd hand 20D that came in but I have to get back to u on that this weekend.

^ yea i did read something briefly about that on the canon forums.

Im happy i got the 40d. I was actually thinking of purchasing the 50d a month ago then thought nah theres no need. As in no need to get all these new funky new features.

Quite happy with the 40d in regards with high iso :)

No worries about the 350d.. Im just gonna take my 40d to europe. If something happens i will claim it on travel insurance.

Thanks for checking tho.. Ta,

Lol this thread is turning into a photo thread :(

Dont post photos in here ppl lol

Keep adding it to the huge 19 page thread already!!!

Thought it might just be the packaging :)

Cheers for that!! Might buy one soon.

Bought one just then :) YAY

Now to save up for a nd filter :P

Question: My dad bought a 450d and as such, hes assignmed me to find him a good zoom lense. (i get to use the camera in return B) ) He mainly bought the camera for bird photography and we all know how twitchy those little bastards can be when you get close.

Anyway, he's expecting to spend around $1500 on a lense and is keen on a sigma branded one (not sure why).

Just wondering what would be a good option for him? Is sigma the way to go? Are there any models in particular to suit (he wants something that gets the object a lot closer than the stock 55-250 canon IS one).

Also, a tripod/ monopod will be on the cards soonish, any brands to stick to/ stay away from?

Thanks for any advice, will be frequenting this section of NS a lot more i hope.

hey mate, I recommend the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM, optically its on par and sometimes exceed the canon L 70-200 too at 1/3 the price

I will be using that tomorrow on one of my 5Ds actually, for a wedding shoot, so can post up sample pics later if u want.

I can sell a brand new one to u for 1K or so from my store with 12 months warranty from CR Kennedy in Australia, so its not an import lens.

on ur dads 450D it will turn into a 112-320 lens due to the 1.6x crop factor of the 450D, so it will reach further and faster aperture than the 55-250, but with no IS as compromise.

Sigma makes some excellent lenses that are sometimes better than canon L equivalents, thus u save a lot of money if u can look past the brand snobbery.

Thanks for that.

Im not 100% on what the zoom numbers mean on the lenses 70-200 for example, happen to know of any good explanations of what they mean (the fx.x numbers aswell).

So, basically that lense that you recommended would get objects slightly closer than the current lense because of the crop factor and 320 being greater than 250, but not as close as say a 200-500? Or am i way off.

70-200: Would mean the lens zooms out to 200mm, from 70mm.

35mm is what your eyes can see.. So 200mm is great zoom :)

F2.8 - Means your lens can go as wide open as 2.8 - meaning its quick!! So the wider it can open, the more light that can come in :)

With this in hand, your shutter speed increases :)

Check out the sticky thread on here gravy posted!! Explains everything..

Your stock kit lens - 55-250mm has more zoom and goes wider (55mm than 70mm), but wont open up to f2.8

Check out how much the 100-300mm lens go for. That could be another option with a tad more zoom.

took some pics today at barbagello, round 2 of the WA drift series

any feedback is welcome! all photos taken on a D60 with 55-200 nikkor

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Sign in to follow this