Sign in to follow this  
MFC04

Help problems with an engine problem on an S15

Hey everyone,

I was driving along all the sudden my S15 lost power still driveable but struggling, and black smoke pouring out and a strange noise was heard before this happened anyone have any ideas as what might could be ? Hope its not an rebuild ! :(

You might want to elaborate a bit more on "strange noise" as it seems pivotal to the effectiveness of your engine and will probably help in determining the problem.

my bet is that cooler plumming shit itself somewhere in along their, thus causing the air flow meter to take stupid readings, thus messing with ur air-fuel ratios- hence black smoke- hence rough ride.... fix plumming, and a new set of plugs, cause most likely you crapped a set of plugs too. it sounds similar to what happened to me....:yes:

Check your intercooler pipe connections. Very common.

+1

most likely to be cooler piping, as others have stated...

cooler pipes usually make a bang when they let go so check your plumbing cause chances are thats what it is

my bet is that cooler plumming shit itself somewhere in along their, thus causing the air flow meter to take stupid readings, thus messing with ur air-fuel ratios- hence black smoke- hence rough ride.... fix plumming, and a new set of plugs, cause most likely you crapped a set of plugs too. it sounds similar to what happened to me....:yes:

Evyerone thinks this is the problem hopefully that is the problem !