Sign in to follow this  
Shakey Bones

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Well here you go guys. The sequel to probably the world most famous conspiracy movie/documentary

I haven't watched it so I don't know what it is about.

if you want to watch it in parts this guy has uploaded the movie in 13 parts youtube

http://au.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=EsotericRiddler

so get comfy put you anti-establishment hat on and enjoy

Very good watch! So interesting.

I like the sound of the magentic powered trains that can travel at 4,000km/h!

quick rundown:

Starts off being about money, politics, corruption. Then about technology, and the enviroment, and how the goverments wont let it advance like it can, because they wont make money.

Only about 10mins of religion talk near the end.

Goes for 2hrs.

Perhaps for the young ones watching: take everything with a grain of salt. Like any documentary there is always a bias coming from somewhere.

World famous? Never heard of it.

Thats because you live under a rock.

I give it a 10/10, it was better then the first one, which was also good. :)

Haha, I've just started watching the "documentary" and it's such crap.

The stuff it says about the financial sector, coupled with the intense music and the narrator calling various things obsurd is just laughable. This stuff isn't a secret, it's pure economics. He says that economics is just made to appear complicated so that people don't catch on to what's happening... what a paranoid lie.

He brings up graphs saying stuff like the purchasing power has decreased steadily since the reserve bank was introduced... and that inflation is THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!! What he doesn't say is that sure, more money is introduced into the money stream and devalues the currency, but as inflation increases, wages increase etc, so your purchasing power doesn't change. Actually, our purchasing power today is much higher than in the past.

Sigh some times i wish studying economics and finance was compulsary.

so you people actually believe this shit? i could make a 'documentary' about how loz is really a robot controlled by the mexicans and it would be just as credible.

loz is really a robot controlled by the mexicans

wait!.. what..!?!??

^^^ its true man! Why do you think his s14.5 is a sand colour? Duh so when he mets with the mexican mafia down in south america his car can 'blend' in more.

there is no download available just yet

I give the film 9/10 its really a beautiful idealistic movie thats makes you feel pretty good and empowered by the end of it, instead of the first one which made you feel angry etc.

as Bennybear said dont take it as gospel, but it raises many points. Yes it does point out many flaws with our monetary system but it doesn't point out the benefits like what random.chu said about buying power.

however i do agree that the current system is NOT sustainable with money only being created by debt. I have been to a few seminars on the topic and read a bit about it and there is no doubt in my mind that money for most people = debt and slavery.

However to many it can offer freedom and security so long as you dont buy into a whole bunch of bullshit fed by the media.

the movie has great ideals, and while quite far out there perfectly reasonable and possible alternatives to the current slavery that we all deal with today.

one only needs to look at the current state of the world, with global warming slowly killing the planet, economic crisis around the western world destroying people's superannuation and losing their homes with inflation out of control, Every television ad and program telling people they aren't really happy but it you try our product you will be and possibly the most frightening fact of all that more and more people are having mental problems and break downs than ever before.

The system is certainly flawed and just like Romans, Greeks and Mongols before this empire will fall.

serious14_guy there is a part in there just for you about people being sheep who no longer need a dog to herd them as they herd themselves, rejecting all new ideas and SHUNNING those who think outside the box and stand out different from the rest.

I'm not saying believe it all, but i wouldn't in any case reject the whole movie.

Your ignorance it a true reflection of the current society as a whole not being able to see outside of what you have been conditioned to.

there's also the fact that they do this big spiel on how technology is the true institution, and how important it is... this segment comes after the corporation bashing, although 99% of technology is created and enhanced through corporations in an effort to increase efficiency and profits. this film is full of contradictions.

^^ I think its point is more bashing the monetary system and greed.

yes corporation are the ones behind all the new technology but thats because they have all the money, which in this current society is required to get anything done due to peoples greed and just simply because of the way the world is.

if there was no money (again kind of out there thinking) and people weren't doing things for profit then it wouldn't necessarly be the corporations who are at the forefront but collective groups of people sharing the common goal of doing the greater good.

I think you missed that point a little.

you only need to look DRUG companies - they dont offer drugs to CURE problems in many or most cases but they offer products to cure the symptoms which will satisfy your problem for the time being and lead you back to buy more in the future when the problem comes back. Profit > common good

when have become a band aid greedy society focused too much on the individual, hence we all accept SHITTY production from china as the norm instead of promoting our own production industries.

random.chu i just wanted to get the spot under your post

^^ I think its point is more bashing the monetary system and greed.

yes corporation are the ones behind all the new technology but thats because they have all the money, which in this current society is required to get anything done due to peoples greed and just simply because of the way the world is.

if there was no money (again kind of out there thinking) and people weren't doing things for profit then it wouldn't necessarly be the corporations who are at the forefront but collective groups of people sharing the common goal of doing the greater good.

I think you missed that point a little.

you only need to look DRUG companies - they dont offer drugs to CURE problems in many or most cases but they offer products to cure the symptoms which will satisfy your problem for the time being and lead you back to buy more in the future when the problem comes back.

when have become a band aid greedy society focused too much on the individual, hence we all accept SHITTY production from china as the norm instead of promoting our own production industries.

random.chu i just wanted to get the spot under your post

without a motivation to create/enhance technology, there will be no technology. if there was no money and people were required to work for the greater good, there is no individual incentive. and if you've studied how economics works, you'd know that incentive is the ingredient which makes our structure work. in communism based societies, there is no incentive to work hard and be productive, as pay rates are the same... this is why their economies fail and crumble, as people can get away with doing minimal amounts of work - working hard doesn't increase their pay, so they don't work hard. however, introduce incentive such as efficiency based pay rates, and people work harder, we have better production, and a higher standard of living.

back to the technology. if there was no individual incentive, what would drive people to create new technology? sure, a sense of helping the fellow man for the greater good. but, realistically, is this incentive really higher than an individualised incentive such as financial security? no, it's not, cannot be, and will never be.

technology is driven by corporations, so removing corporations significantly damages our ability to enhance technology. whether you agree with the morals behind this view is another matter, but this is the reality.

(again im just referring to points i have taken from the movie, not necessarily my own personal opinion)

that is true about the drive, however even communism as the movie stated is still the same as our society as it uses money. The idea (although quite possibly out there, but i still think reasonable and possible) is that most if not all work is automated and people are free from the pressures of advertising, bigotry, predigests and separation from one another they wouldn’t need to work, they would even consider that a new t-shit or pair of jeans was more important than feeding a hungry child like we all do today.

Communities (ideally) would grow and prosper with no competition from each other, total unity because no one is conditioned to feel a certain way about anything. It kind of sounds totally out there thinking I know. But if you explained to someone what life would be like today to someone 200 years ago they would think you were crazy.

However this is an ideal world with abundance and equality.

the downside i see is that like the Roman empire it all got too easy and like you said everyone just lay around doing nothing because they didn't have to. Until the point of collapse.

Yeah I do understand you are partly playing a devil's advocate.

Although simply because communism and capitalism uses money, doesn't mean that they (the film) can make such general statements to link the two together. Both systems are very intricate, and to properly support their theory they would have to go into such intricacies, but fail to do so as they can support their theories with general albiet incorrect statements.

To be honest I've got an essay to write for uni which is due in a few days yet I'm spending far too much time getting into essay based writing here on NS haha. So i'll just note a few points, and if anyone really wants to debate them, PM me and I'll get back to you.

1) currency devaluation through inflation does not decrease purchasing power, 'real' wealth stays the same (and historically speaking increases)

2) corporations increase technology

3) financial incentives increase efficiency, therefore living without corporations and financial incentives would decrease ability for technology and efficient governance/society.

however the point made in the film that technology eg hydrogen fuel cells in cars has been held back by the energy sector is true.

there are a heap more i could get on to but i'll leave it there. the system isn't perfect but it's pragmatic, which the other theories lack a level of.

The stuff it says about the financial sector, coupled with the intense music and the narrator calling various things obsurd is just laughable. This stuff isn't a secret, it's pure economics. He says that economics is just made to appear complicated so that people don't catch on to what's happening... what a paranoid lie.

He brings up graphs saying stuff like the purchasing power has decreased steadily since the reserve bank was introduced... and that inflation is THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!! What he doesn't say is that sure, more money is introduced into the money stream and devalues the currency, but as inflation increases, wages increase etc, so your purchasing power doesn't change. Actually, our purchasing power today is much higher than in the past.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i totally agree with you dude...

the only thing i believed out of that is the idea of big companies and the US government creating a global monopoly..... but the idea of a functioning society without money, without laws and without employment is purely laughable....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

the only thing i believed out of that is the idea of big companies and the US government creating a global monopoly..... but the idea of a functioning society without money, without laws and without employment is purely laughable....

I think it refers to a society without those elements in a traditional sense. As in people aren't employed because they have to, people do the right thing not because of fear of the law but because they dont need to steal, and certainly if everything was abundant (like air) there would be no need for money as it would be almost worthless.

The film makes quite a few good points. The most memorable and identifiable for me is that politicians are useless, and it's so true. All they can do is distribute money and pass laws, neither of which solve problems but offer stop gap solutions. Just look at the "P plater" issue we have. They haven't done anything to actually increase the quality of education for young drivers, they haven't done anything to increase the quality of the roads but what they have done is pass a whole crap load of laws. And why? Because it's cheap and easy to do.

And about inflation, http://www.rba.gov.au/ states that our annual inflation rate is 4.5%. Are people getting a 4.5% increase in wages per year to achieve an equilibrium?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think it refers to a society without those elements in a traditional sense. As in people aren't employed because they have to, people do the right thing not because of fear of the law but because they dont need to steal, and certainly if everything was abundant (like air) there would be no need for money as it would be almost worthless.

employment - we all have to work for what we want... even animals... for example a lion must kill a gazzelle to feed its young that would be a form of work.... it is the KEY element for a functioning society... a bird must search for appropriate materials for its nest to bring up its young.... does that mean that these animals are being slave driven... OBVIOUSLY not!....

law - not all crime is committed in the grounds of money eg. rape.... crime can be committed for passion, self gain, purpose, love or some form of mental imparment... the dilluted idea that laws don't need to exist in order for a funtioning society is absolutely ubsurd.... animals are not driven by things such as money, mortgages and other economic pressures... however... you see that animals still fight with eachother and still kill eachother... its all a matter of survival and prosperity...

money - everything ABOSOLUTLY everything on this planet has a price.... you cannot gain something without losing something... if that is the case we are no different to animals (which is obviously true) and we would fight over 'what is ours'

in the end it is simple animals perpetuate a cycle which is similar in which ways are similar to the ways humans operate... except humans also operate on morals... why should we throw out a system of economics that has been used since paygan times.... its kept us happy so far...

EDIT!: oh and another thing... there is always something or someone... in any society looking to gain from anything to be on top of the rest... its a part of life in any species of animal... this is why a system like this would never work

OH AND ANOTHER EDIT!: to put all our faith into machines to do our dirty work is also something which must be bought into question... what if these machines fail... also you need people to maintain, and make such machines and they are not going to do it out of the goodness of their own heart...

For those who have watched zeitgeist, regardless of wether you believe the concepts or not, I have a question.

Watching the evidence provided, would you consider that there is an absolute possibilty of the truth being presented?

Simple yes or no....

Ohh and although I have my beliefs, I understand the irony of the presentation....

For those who have watched zeitgeist, regardless of wether you believe the concepts or not, I have a question.

Watching the evidence provided, would you consider that there is an absolute possibilty of the truth being presented?

Simple yes or no....

Ohh and although I have my beliefs, I understand the irony of the presentation....

sorry but i found a lot of that farfetched.....

there was some truth to it.... but it was a very overexhadrated crock of s**t.... i do believe corporate america is trying to monopolize the world thats about it... the stuff about it economic hitmen... some truth but mostly utter bulls**t.... why would the US want to spend $100 billion dollors a month in a place that only handles around about 3% of oil export around the world..... Iran would be a more attractive target... they do something like around 10 - 15% of world oil production...

I didn't ask for a spiel, you didn't actually answer my question... I asked a simple yes or no answer for those who have watched the documentary...

Do you consider the possibility of the truth being presented?

Edited by meminto

employment - we all have to work for what we want... even animals... for example a lion must kill a gazzelle to feed its young that would be a form of work.... it is the KEY element for a functioning society... a bird must search for appropriate materials for its nest to bring up its young.... does that mean that these animals are being slave driven... OBVIOUSLY not!....

law - not all crime is committed in the grounds of money eg. rape.... crime can be committed for passion, self gain, purpose, love or some form of mental imparment... the dilluted idea that laws don't need to exist in order for a funtioning society is absolutely ubsurd.... animals are not driven by things such as money, mortgages and other economic pressures... however... you see that animals still fight with eachother and still kill eachother... its all a matter of survival and prosperity...

money - everything ABOSOLUTLY everything on this planet has a price.... you cannot gain something without losing something... if that is the case we are no different to animals (which is obviously true) and we would fight over 'what is ours'

in the end it is simple animals perpetuate a cycle which is similar in which ways are similar to the ways humans operate... except humans also operate on morals... why should we throw out a system of economics that has been used since paygan times.... its kept us happy so far...

EDIT!: oh and another thing... there is always something or someone... in any society looking to gain from anything to be on top of the rest... its a part of life in any species of animal... this is why a system like this would never work

OH AND ANOTHER EDIT!: to put all our faith into machines to do our dirty work is also something which must be bought into question... what if these machines fail... also you need people to maintain, and make such machines and they are not going to do it out of the goodness of their own heart...

I haven't seen the new movie yet but I am keen to. I enjoyed the first although it was very biased and misused information to their own ends. Was good though because it stimulated thought and re-evaluation of my own positions.

Anyway I agree with the above post to a large extent but although you are justifying those things, are you happy to accept them?

Some of those things are why I believe a distopian future or the fall of man (and whatever else it would take with it) are imminent. Humans are animals and we are ruled by animal instinct and all the positives and negatives associated with it, society is just a byproduct of these instincts and is as flawed as we are. And although we can recognise these flaws with relative ease, the paths to change them to make ourselves sustainable and an ideal society aren't so easy and clear cut.

Ultimate control, freedom, unity, and happiness are all fleeting futile goals that we will never truly recognise (though we will always strive for) and I believe the best we can hope for is to try and make our own cycle sustainable to the best of our abilities. But Im not optimistic as I think by the time we can acknowledge the potential threats to us all, it will already be too late. Evolution isn't quick or perfect enough to deal with us and its only ends lead to prosperity and dominance, just as our instincts drive us. We live, we consume. We are the cancer.

End (slightly off topic) rant :P

¡serious14_guy i le dijo no decir cualquier persona! ¡si los miembros descubren la verdad, será el final de nissansilvia.com, y mi plan magnífico nunca entrará en el juego!

I might watch this tomorrow, but after seeing the first one I have little f**king hope for it.

Last one watching it i must've had the most disgruntled look on my face that such bullshit does the rounds.

Ultimate control, freedom, unity, and happiness are all fleeting futile goals that we will never truly recognize (though we will always strive for) and I believe the best we can hope for is to try and make our own cycle sustainable to the best of our abilities. But I'm not optimistic as I think by the time we can acknowledge the potential threats to us all, it will already be too late. Evolution isn't quick or perfect enough to deal with us and its only ends lead to prosperity and dominance, just as our instincts drive us. We live, we consume. We are the cancer.

This is pretty off topic and kinda philosophical but, is that a negative statement about humanity? What does we are the cancer mean? I'm guessing destroying the planet. This is my own view and I know it's incredibly arrogant and i don't really care, but seriously, what is the point of existence and life if not for us to progress and advance. To learn all the mysteries of the universe, to achieve enlightenment and to i guess in a sense become god in the end. If we destroy a few planets or cause the extinction of other animals along the way so be it, it doesn't matter in the end big picture.

I may have totally missed you're point of what you said, but whatever i said it was off topic.

I haven't seen the new movie yet but I am keen to. I enjoyed the first although it was very biased and misused information to their own ends. Was good though because it stimulated thought and re-evaluation of my own positions.

Anyway I agree with the above post to a large extent but although you are justifying those things, are you happy to accept them?

Some of those things are why I believe a distopian future or the fall of man (and whatever else it would take with it) are imminent. Humans are animals and we are ruled by animal instinct and all the positives and negatives associated with it, society is just a byproduct of these instincts and is as flawed as we are. And although we can recognise these flaws with relative ease, the paths to change them to make ourselves sustainable and an ideal society aren't so easy and clear cut.

Ultimate control, freedom, unity, and happiness are all fleeting futile goals that we will never truly recognise (though we will always strive for) and I believe the best we can hope for is to try and make our own cycle sustainable to the best of our abilities. But Im not optimistic as I think by the time we can acknowledge the potential threats to us all, it will already be too late. Evolution isn't quick or perfect enough to deal with us and its only ends lead to prosperity and dominance, just as our instincts drive us. We live, we consume. We are the cancer.

who says you have to be happy in the system we live in....

i was saying it is a matter of survival not a matter of happiness....

and as for meminto post no i don't believe the truth is being presented....

who says you have to be happy in the system we live in....

i was saying it is a matter of survival not a matter of happiness....

and as for meminto post no i don't believe the truth is being presented....

Its all integrated in my opinion. By happiness I mean physiological reward, the reward that often presents it self relative to perceived achievement towards fullfillment of animal instincts toward prosperity and survival. You might not need a great deal of physiological reward to continue living, but without it what is there to live for? Wouldn't living to function with barely any physiological reward be a good definition of slavery? Sounds distopian to me.