Sign in to follow this  
Shakey Bones

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Has anyone realised how much bullshit the human race comes up with? Think about it. The earth is 12 756km's in diameter. There are over 6,700,000,000 people. If you didn't know, that's Six Thousand, Seven Hundred MILLION or to keep it short, six point seven billion. Humans as a race have come further than anything we could have ever thought possible. Nations such as what we see today are so much greater than what anyone 100 years ago could have possibly imagined.

and what I don't get...is why you people believe one idiot with a camera, a computer and an annoying voice? Global warming is a load of crap, even if it is happening, you can't say I didn't do my part because I'm doing the right thing just like most of you other guys. Stop trying to find flaws with society and get on with your own god damn life. Let me write you a list of things I've done which he COULD have done in the time he wasted making a 'documentary' about trivial shit that doesn't even matter;

1.) I had sex like everyday in the last year. Imagine how many days this guy took to make these movies. Imagine all the sex he missed.

2.) Played video games. I had sex, ate some food, then flicked on the mother farkin ps3. All while my gf watched. She loves watching MGS4. It's awesome. Now, if he'd spent more time with a woman, he could have found someone as kick ass as my missus.

3.) Get a life. How many friends does this guy have? seriously? like what...one? maybe two? if he's lucky? not to mention they're probably just as retarded as himself

4.) Bet I know more chuck norris jokes than him now.

5.) Get a REAL education. I just put in my folio for a new uni course that I can't wait to smash into my brain cavity.

6.) Earn some money!! I just bought some kick ass new monitors (behringer Truth's. Pretty shibby)

7.) Go to a music concert. This guy would get trampled to death. I can tell by his voice. "omg the crowd is hurting omg he just stomped my teeth in omgomg whinge whinge whinge!

8.) SLEEP! I got 8 Hours last night. Snap.

9.) Take a break. Go on holidays. Go overseas. if you don't like something ya spedcopter, do something about it. don't just sit in your retarded country and complain.

10.) ENJOY LIFE. I bet I find life a lot funner than he does.

anyway I'm tired as hell. I'm going to be happy knowing i've had my fun, and I own everything I could ever ask for. (except an s15 or 350z...mmmmm)

That's an awefully narrow and closed minded world view. With respect, I think it's attitudes like that that means we end up really getting nowhere in terms of civilization. I agree, enjoy it all, but keep the mind open to possibilities... The point is less selflessness and more oneness, listen to Bill Hicks, he was a cynical, angry comedian but he had some insightful ideas on life and what it should be like.

You said the movie is about trivial shit that doesn't matter, I can't say I agree with you there because the advancement of civilization matters to everybody, the economy matters to everybody. Never forget that you and I alike were lucky to be born in first world nation and don't have to be affected by diseases, hunger and poverty... All of that matters.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Has anyone realised how much bullshit the human race comes up with? Think about it. The earth is 12 756km's in diameter. There are over 6,700,000,000 people. If you didn't know, that's Six Thousand, Seven Hundred MILLION or to keep it short, six point seven billion. Humans as a race have come further than anything we could have ever thought possible. Nations such as what we see today are so much greater than what anyone 100 years ago could have possibly imagined.

and what I don't get...is why you people believe one idiot with a camera, a computer and an annoying voice? Global warming is a load of crap, even if it is happening, you can't say I didn't do my part because I'm doing the right thing just like most of you other guys. Stop trying to find flaws with society and get on with your own god damn life. Let me write you a list of things I've done which he COULD have done in the time he wasted making a 'documentary' about trivial shit that doesn't even matter;

1.) I had sex like everyday in the last year. Imagine how many days this guy took to make these movies. Imagine all the sex he missed.

2.) Played video games. I had sex, ate some food, then flicked on the mother farkin ps3. All while my gf watched. She loves watching MGS4. It's awesome. Now, if he'd spent more time with a woman, he could have found someone as kick ass as my missus.

3.) Get a life. How many friends does this guy have? seriously? like what...one? maybe two? if he's lucky? not to mention they're probably just as retarded as himself

5.) Get a REAL education. I just put in my folio for a new uni course that I can't wait to smash into my brain cavity.

6.) Earn some money!! I just bought some kick ass new monitors (behringer Truth's. Pretty shibby)

7.) Go to a music concert. This guy would get trampled to death. I can tell by his voice. "omg the crowd is hurting omg he just stomped my teeth in omgomg whinge whinge whinge!

9.) Take a break. Go on holidays. Go overseas. if you don't like something ya spedcopter, do something about it. don't just sit in your retarded country and complain.

anyway I'm tired as hell. I'm going to be happy knowing i've had my fun, and I own everything I could ever ask for. (except an s15 or 350z...mmmmm)

hey buddy ive got some water front land in switzerland if youre interested

4 acres with ocean views

Who is to say that this guy doesnt enjoy his life?? This world would suck balls if everyone enjoyed the exact same thing.

And you saying about getting an education + earning some money, you honestly think your doing better than the guy who makes these movies?? :huh:

I think maybe Fish likes Jesus...

I think fish is jesus, considering the symbolism :lol:

thats our problem as the human race we believe we have become superior with all our technology, and marvel at our brilliance when really its going to be our down fall. Zietgiest isnt just one guy talking into a camera, there are millions of people that have the same beliefs.

You should go to uni and expand your horizons before trying to impart your wisdom.

ignorance is bliss and we are all blissfully unaware.

Technology will be our downfall? I think too many people have watched the Matrix and Terminator movies and taken it too heart.

Without technology we where doing a very good job at wiping ourselves off the planet as it was. Technology improves and saves infinitely more lives then it steals.

Technology will be our downfall? I think too many people have watched the Matrix and Terminator movies and taken it too heart.

Without technology we where doing a very good job at wiping ourselves off the planet as it was. Technology improves and saves infinitely more lives then it steals.

exactly.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f**king khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

thats our problem as the human race we believe we have become superior with all our technology, and marvel at our brilliance when really its going to be our down fall. Zietgiest isnt just one guy talking into a camera, there are millions of people that have the same beliefs.

You should go to uni and expand your horizons before trying to impart your wisdom.

ignorance is bliss and we are all blissfully unaware.

lol Uni has all the answers mate sure....... people like you im guessing who think anyone who doesnt attend uni is a fool? Or is not worth as much?

all shades of grey mate..... I dont want to go to Uni because I wont enjoy it I am happy searching foir a trade and the skys the limit with that. One example if you wish to delve into financials.. My uncles are tradies and now run their own businesses and they make WAY more than most Uni grads. Stick that up your pipe poutting uni snobs :P

Nice, Tomk. I'm really glad your uncles are successful. Do you have any stories about other relatives you would also like to share? I'm really interested.

Nice, Tomk. I'm really glad your uncles are successful. Do you have any stories about other relatives you would also like to share? I'm really interested.

hahaha

so herion is good? yummmmmmmmmmmm. i want 5 litres of the thing now

Did I ever say that? I didnt say Heroin did I.... I am not going to bother because to write my personal experiences with other mates who are open minded would be a waste of time.. Dont worry, all I am saying is keep an open mind towards certain drugs and the positives they can bring thats all; in the right circumstances and with moderation of course.

I always believe in: If you havent tried dont comment!

You can read 1000 books and never really grasp the hands on approach or truly know about it, simple as that

As for the new Zeistgeist, I will give it a go I will download it in the following weeks to come and burn it to dvd to check out.

If it goes along the lines of the last one then all I can say is I will remain open minded yet not drawn like a moth to the light towards ALL of their views on what ever they wish to discuss.

Cheers

Tom

P.S the first one really rang true on the Irony of what they mentioned, that being 'scare tactics'.

here they say something along the lines of: 'They use scare tactics to ingreet fear through powerful words'

-911-terrorism & various other single words that give the masses fear and worry

Then what was funny was the way they produced this dvd was in the same manner, they used music to touch emotions and repeated fast chops of warfare.... Irony- They haz it, spastic stylez yo- they haz it.

sorry champ, i was being a smartass, ir point of view with the scare tactics is rite, but how can ne1 talk to people when every1 is brain washed to react by fear and emotoin now?

n the drugs, well i knw there is medicenal purpose drugs, speed, marijuana, etc. most natural drugs arent that bad, its just when they are chemically modified u will be havin problems, or to some people fun

Mate, if you happen to see one of these:

School%20Bus%20-%20Cartoon%207.jpg

Hop on it and see where it takes you.

sorry guys but the ignorance in this thread and totally turned it into shit.

some of you guys need to read a book. The only reason why some people are making good money now is because of the current state of the economy, which is under the total control of the banks and governments (recent events anyone).

with total control comes total corruption and the ability to bring entire countries to their knees. This is what Zeitgeist trys to explain to everyone - that everyone is hanging from a burning rope without a safety net (Kottonmouth Kings).

anyway I dont have time to go into heaps of detail just to refer you to reading some lititure on the moneytary system - how money is made or generated, the federal reserve, the one world economy, globalisation, the influence of the media over the general population will sort of open your eyes to the shroud of lies that is pulled infront of us by the powers to be.

Speaking of drugs, whats the go with the purple face depicted on this kid? :lol:

School_20Bus_20__20Cartoon_207_drugs.jpg

Edited by meminto

some of you guys need to read a book. The only reason why some people are making good money now is because of the current state of the economy, which is under the total control of the banks and governments (recent events anyone).

with total control comes total corruption and the ability to bring entire countries to their knees. This is what Zeitgeist trys to explain to everyone - that everyone is hanging from a burning rope without a safety net (Kottonmouth Kings).

anyway I dont have time to go into heaps of detail just to refer you to reading some lititure on the moneytary system - how money is made or generated, the federal reserve, the one world economy, globalisation, the influence of the media over the general population will sort of open your eyes to the shroud of lies that is pulled infront of us by the powers to be.

can you please answer me this question?

is globalisation good or bad?

i just need you to answer this question to finalise my opinion on you.

random your a smart ass, I was making a point and over exxing it back at what was said.

good or bad in what regard?

Economic? Environmental? Social?

I'll give you a question in return?

"Is the answer to this question yes or no?"

I have not concluded my opinion on the matter. Globalisation of course has it benefit - open trade, maximizing a countries resources, ease of business

however there is a massive amount of room for corruption with huge room of exploitation of 3rd world countries and control over western economies.

if people were honest and did the right thing for the benefit of the world every time then globalisation would be a great thing.

however as history has shown us this is not the case, people will sell out their neighbor and friends for profits, people take second place to profits. and in many cases Power results in corruption and ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

I think it is a good idea, however the world and the world leaders are not ready for globalisation yet and may never be.

random your a smart ass, I was making a point and over exxing it back at what was said.

haha, yep ;)

Shaky - have you studied economics? And I mean that in a non-patronising way, of course. You make good points about corruption, just wondering whether you've studied the economic models about globalisation, that's all. It really opens your eyes. Sure, left wing greenies may protest against globalisation, but the benefits that it accrues (to all, not just a 'rich few' or 'the man' like many want to suggest) is overwhelming.

lol Uni has all the answers mate sure....... people like you im guessing who think anyone who doesnt attend uni is a fool? Or is not worth as much?

all shades of grey mate..... I dont want to go to Uni because I wont enjoy it I am happy searching foir a trade and the skys the limit with that. One example if you wish to delve into financials.. My uncles are tradies and now run their own businesses and they make WAY more than most Uni grads. Stick that up your pipe poutting uni snobs :P

I know uni grads (straight from Uni) that earn 6 figures.

Apples/oranges.

Sure, left wing greenies may protest against globalisation, but the benefits that it accrues (to all, not just a 'rich few' or 'the man' like many want to suggest) is overwhelming.

Nicely understated. Define rich.

rich /rɪtʃ/

-er, -est, noun

–adjective

1. having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation.

given context by 'the man' it refers to an elite upper class of powerful individuals.

however, more to the point, globalisation benefits ALL classes.

Even the children harvesting sugar cane in El Salvador so we can drink something that uses 4 litres of water to produce 600ml of refreshment?

Even the children harvesting sugar cane in El Salvador so we can drink something that uses 4 litres of water to produce 600ml of refreshment?

meh.... who cares about those kids when your living the good life.... :D

yeah, one of the rammifications is the potential for exploitation.

but the benefits are that the country's economy gets a jolt, and begins to rise. over time, as their potential increases, their wages increase, which can be directly linked to their standard of living. poverty rates in countries that have welcomed globalisation has actually dropped, while those that haven't accepted it have remained constant.

but back to the hypothetical sugar girl. without globalisation, she would be jobless (although at her age she shouldn't really be working) and therefore her and her family would have less money - may cause them to starve. there would be less jobs in her community, less resources, less infrastructure, etc.

cush you certainly make valid arguments. however i strongly believe (congruent with economic theory) that globalisation is vital, and in the long run, benefits the wider community.

Yes, because if they specialise in the production of 600ml refreshments soon they will become more efficient at it, and one day we might see 600ml produced for the cost of 590ml.....

but the benefits are that the country's economy gets a jolt, and begins to rise. over time, as their potential increases, their wages increase, which can be directly linked to their standard of living. poverty rates in countries that have welcomed globalisation has actually dropped, while those that haven't accepted it have remained constant.

but back to the hypothetical sugar girl. without globalisation, she would be jobless (although at her age she shouldn't really be working) and therefore her and her family would have less money - may cause them to starve. there would be less jobs in her community, less resources, less infrastructure, etc.

cush you certainly make valid arguments. however i strongly believe (congruent with economic theory) that globalisation is vital, and in the long run, benefits the wider community.

If I were so inclined, and weren't one myself, I'd would be labelling you a "capitalist pig". ;)

If I were so inclined, and weren't one myself, I'd would be labelling you a "capitalist pig". ;)

Haha touche ;)

Haha touche ;)

I just can't bring myself to that level of hypocracy, especially while staring at both my monitors.

And the spare one, too. :)

Global recession will take care of everyone.

I heard a good quote last night.

"Mother nature always plays the last hand."

I'd say that's pretty bang on. :)