his solos never get old

knows how to partay aswel

alexi laiho,

his solos never get old

knows how to partay aswel

and he screams/sings while shredding at 1000km/h

Yeah Alexi is friggen awesome.

Plays great live as well.

I got the signature model of his ESP guitar.

I just wish I could play half as good as him :(

If you cant do it, give up and sell me the guitar lol

Is it an esp or ltd?

But seriously if you want to sell it :)

Cool guitar.

im getting the jackson rr24 one next month, cant wait!

Ah nice. Yeah the Jackson are great guitars as well.

Cool guitar.

im getting the jackson rr24 one next month, cant wait!

Go for the SL1, I had one for a while; loved it!

The ESP LTD200

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html

The black one on the bottom

Cool! I was going to say -> I bought the ESP model for a friend about 8/9 months ago and even with a great exchange rate it was still in the $5k ballpark!

How do you find the tonality? I was always curious considering it runs from the one (insanely hot) pickup!

The ESP LTD200

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html

The black one on the bottom

Cool! I was going to say -> I bought the ESP model for a friend about 8/9 months ago and even with a great exchange rate it was still in the $5k ballpark!

How do you find the tonality? I was always curious considering it runs from the one (insanely hot) pickup!

Pretty good but I'd need someone who is more of a pro than me to give a proper review :P

The sl1 is a usa, and like you said the exchange rate is ass and wuld cost a rediculous amount.

If I were to go usa id go the RR or SL2H, rather one or two humbuckers compared to a HSS setup

The sl1 is a usa, and like you said the exchange rate is ass and wuld cost a rediculous amount.

If I were to go usa id go the RR or SL2H, rather one or two humbuckers compared to a HSS setup

I never said they were cheap :lol:

I don't know anymore, I used to be a big Hum/Hum man but I am really enjoying this H/S/S ESP Snapper custom at the moment.

Maybe I'm just going through a blues phase again :lol:

yah i got a strat now, and my od pedal just died so im playing it straight through my (without pedals) jcm800, it sounds like ass, especially since the 800 is a bright amp and when u use single coils with its way to sharp.

I thought for a while the alexi guitars ran seymour duncan blackouts but they've gone back to passive emg hz's.

Pretty sure its only the custom shop Alexis that run blackouts.

^^ohk i didnt know that. I guess if you go custom shop you can wateva u want.

I went to the ESP custom shop in shibuya, cool shop, so much stuff everywhere.

The top guitar is the japanese version and looks better since the lower wing is smaller like the original RR because they dont have copyright issues with jackson in japan.

alexi_laiho_saw_tooth.jpg

Alexi-600_WHT.jpg

I went to the same shop; also hit the shop in Sapporo -> played with some cool shit in there

^^ohk i didnt know that. I guess if you go custom shop you can wateva u want.

I went to the ESP custom shop in shibuya, cool shop, so much stuff everywhere.

The top guitar is the japanese version and looks better since the lower wing is smaller like the original RR because they dont have copyright issues with jackson in japan.

alexi_laiho_saw_tooth.jpg

Alexi-600_WHT.jpg

Paul Gilbert - Class act, awesome picking technique, great guy - hes the love child of Eddy van halen and Yngwie malmsteen.

Yngwie Malmsteen - when he first hit the scene he was untouchable, probably the first true shred guitarist, listen to his alcatrazz stuff to hear him at his peak.

Andy Timmons - Get onto his "Resolution" album, the guy can make his guitar sing, amazing phrasing and choice of notes - probably the most tasteful guitarist ive ever heard.

kirk hammett may be the best metal guitarist

Kirk Hammett is FAR from the best metal guitarist.

Those who mentioned Alexi Laiho, sure he is good in the studio but when live he plays fairly sloppy and he plays simplified solo's.

My favourite guitarist would be Jari Mäenpää from Finnish band Wintersun (ex Ensiferum guitarist and vocalist). His solo's are amazing!

Jari-

I would have to say Muhammed Suicmez from Necrophagist would be the best guitarist in metal...

^^ That guy is awesome but is using such common sweeps. I havnt heard ne of his other stuff so i cant really judge.

If you watch alexi back in like that live in korea video his playing is a lot better than it is today.

And i wasnt just talking about his solos, he has heavy riffs, mad licks and awesome solos. COB is such a complete band.

Yeah love it how in most songs Alexi will do a solo and then Janne Wirman will do a crazy one on the keyboard.

Yeah love it how in most songs Alexi will do a solo and then Janne Wirman will do a crazy one on the keyboard.

I went and saw them, it was more like keyboard solo with one hand skull a beer with the other. rock n roll.

hahaaha yeah he's done that in a few music vids as well.

He's put on a bit of weight with all that drinking too. He's cheeks have filled out a bit.

Alexi is still very thin though. Must chuck it all back up :P

Blooddrunk is all about Alexi's struggle with Alcohol/drugs. He is going to be dead by the time he hits 30 if he isn't careful.

Yeah he went through a lot when he was younger. Like when he attempted suicide :(

Yeah Alexi is friggen awesome.

Plays great live as well.

he does have some awesome solos, and some awesome riffs aswell, i love cob but live i dont think he plays them really well at all live. I went to see them not to long ago and i was kind of dissapointed with his guitaring. i would still go and see them again though.... cob are awesome

If you went to the Aust tour this year they'd be a reason for that.

He came down with a bad flu and was chucking up a lot.

I think the Perth or Sydney show he actually had to bolt to a bucket during a song and throw up lol.

But yeah he can be hungover during concerts too and gets a bit sloppy lol.

At the end of our show he goes "thanks for putting up with our f**kn drunken ass's"