Sign in to follow this  
undspec

180sx 17" or 18"

Hey guys,

Just after a few opinions on wether to get 17"s or 18"s on the 180. I have some stiffer springs and is lowered 1.5" with 170rwkw. Becides cost of tyres between the two which handle better? Street, track? Looks?

Cheers.

+1 looks shit hot with 17's and 18's but that car looks hot with those wheels :lol:

that car would look tuff with 17's or 18's all round tho. anyone got pics of more stock looking cars with 17's front and 18's rear

I like, would most places do a combo wheel tyre package though?

staggered fitment (17 front 18 rear) only looks good with decent fitment

you dont get that with a wheel and tyre pacage special from your local tyre shop

yea i dont see why not. it might be a little more expenesive than going all 17's or all 18's tho. but worth it.

anyone got pics of more stock looking cars with 17's front and 18's rear

my car is fairly stock looking..17 on front 18 on the rear

running 30mm bolt on spacers thou

12102008666.jpg

11102008579.jpg

dont know if i'm sold......needs to be slammed to look really good.

I've had 17s & 18s and personally I liked the car better on 17s - both looks and handling and also less hassles from the cops. There are plenty of options available these days....go for a tough Jap rim that YOU like...and be sure to get the right offset from the start. There are plenty of sponsors here selling Jap rims for just over $2000 but you'll be happy with the package. Packages from your local bling tyre shop will cost about the same BUT leave you disappointed with the offset and how the wheels sit on your car...not filling out guards, requiring spacers...which equals more hassles from cops.

yeah add to that if running 17 an 18 inch rims, assuming different widths as well, to get the same rolling diameters is going to mean different profiles more than likely, which can look a bit naff. Legally speaking, i think 17's is the biggest you're meant to go anyway on a S13.

why do u need the same rolling diameter front to back?? its not like a 180sx is 4WD or anything...

i say 17's ftw i have full 17's on and love em but get a good offset mine are shit

heheh i just put a deposit on my new rims

17x9 on the front

17x10 on the back

standard body s13 :ph34r:

heheh i just put a deposit on my new rims

17x9 on the front

17x10 on the back

standard body s13 :ph34r:

doesn't count when they are +43 :P

thats what the spacers are for :P

thats what the spacers are for :P

spacers are for gay

Just get real offsets to start with

why do u need the same rolling diameter front to back?? its not like a 180sx is 4WD or anything...

so your wheels turn at the same speed and your speedo reads right. Yes you can get it corrected / calibrated, but i don't think its such a stupid thing to have all your wheels rotating at the same rate/speed either, or as close as possible.

All i know is that 17" has a bit more comfy ride. 18" looks sick tho.

My 18"

5.JPG

Those18s are gonna go soon. I've got 17 lined up.

Staggard ftmfw

I cant talk im running 16's vs xx all round

me either, right now i have 16x7 rims on the front with 205's, and 17x8 with stretched 215's on the rear.. but thats not exactly by choice... my 17" rear rims are in need of repair, and the rubber for all the 17's needs replacing, but the 17" fronts had more rubber than the 16" rears, which were showing canvas lol

Well 17 inch will handle better yes but maybe its not the look you want so its up to you.

You wont notice the difference on the street unless you went from 16's to something dumb like 22.

so your wheels turn at the same speed and your speedo reads right. Yes you can get it corrected / calibrated, but i don't think its such a stupid thing to have all your wheels rotating at the same rate/speed either, or as close as possible.

The speedo will always be right, if the rolling diameter of the rear wheels is the same as stock. The reason why you want that all four wheels rotate with (almost) the same speed is the ABS system.

depends on the rims too IMO, i've got 17s all round.. being dumped on its ass looks the goods with it... how low can you go without scraping on 18s? or rather, how low do you want to go....

that car would look tuff with 17's or 18's all round tho. anyone got pics of more stock looking cars with 17's front and 18's rear

old pic, 17x9 +10 front 18x10 +24 rear..

DSCN0808.jpg

car has since been lowered another 10mm at the rear..

then i sold the front wheels, now running 17x9.5+12 at that height with standard guards..

now also have 17x9.5 +12, 17+10 +19 and them same 18x10 +24 for the rear altho i just flared my guards so i will be lowering it another 15mm..

Not too sure about the exact sizes, but it looks like 17's in the front and 18's in the back.

p1.jpg

does anyone know which enkei's are those ?