Sign in to follow this  
OFFTAP_SR

how to become a DJ

Pretty much every product Behringer make is a copy of something...

Behringer suck major balls.

anyone a fan of the cdj400? im looking at upgrading from 200's but i wana use my macbook so i dont have to burn all the time...

I have CDJ400s and I love them. Of course theyre not going to compare to 1000s but at half the price (you can work people down to about $750 retail nowadays) theyre a value for money option and plus VERY compact - which is a big plus for me because I can have them above and behind my TTs on small stands with my monitors, without taking up much room.

People have logged some faults, which is semi-expected as they are a new product - but I have two with my two TTs and I havent had any issues, nor do I feel the leap to other Pioneer CDJs when I play in clubs (800s / 1000s) is a problem because they have similar jog wheels.

The USB reading is a nifty feature, but it is very slow compared to CDs so I just stick to that.

I know SLYSX will agree with me as well, he has 400s.

I have CDJ400s and I love them. Of course theyre not going to compare to 1000s but at half the price (you can work people down to about $750 retail nowadays) theyre a value for money option and plus VERY compact - which is a big plus for me because I can have them above and behind my TTs on small stands with my monitors, without taking up much room.

People have logged some faults, which is semi-expected as they are a new product - but I have two with my two TTs and I havent had any issues, nor do I feel the leap to other Pioneer CDJs when I play in clubs (800s / 1000s) is a problem because they have similar jog wheels.

The USB reading is a nifty feature, but it is very slow compared to CDs so I just stick to that.

I know SLYSX will agree with me as well, he has 400s.

Totally agree there a great unit, USB feature is nifty but anything bigger than a few gig USB its to much a prick to navigate around with, eg last played a gig and played some stuff of an Ipod and was a *milkshake* to find tracks and then again you also have to have 2 of each if you want to play properly.

Pretty much every product Behringer make is a copy of something...

Behringer suck major balls.

I'd rather pay half the price for one than a pioneer. I did some music producing in year 12 using behringer gear, it was good quality, easy to use, and had everything I wanted. I dont see the point in going out spending 1.7k on a pioneer mixer when i can spend 350 on a behringer one with the same effects and everything I want. Its not all about the name brand you know....like take stanton for example, their dj gear is awesome and they aren't anywhere near as "industry standard" as pioneer.

I have seen two DJXs lose channels from part time use, sometimes they last 3 years sometimes they last 3 months - you just dont know, theyre about as quality in workmanship as a Gemini. Why match such awesome CDJs with such a balls mixer?

Behringer are knock off Pioneer designs (just replace the M with a X in the model number) except not to the same standard, thats why clubs dont touch them. I will type this in bold and capitals so you understand - THE BEHRINGER DJX700 IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME AS ANY PIONEER DJM MIXER. Whoever told you that, just because they look the same, scored a pretty sweet sale deal or has NO idea what they are talking about.

Also, a warranty means you will have to take it back to the store you bought it off and have it sent back to be fixed. Wouldnt it be worth just buying a mixer that just doesnt break in the first place? After bashing two cheap mixers to bits, I went out and bought a DJM800 because anything else is a waste of time.

I dont know why you bought a 4 channel Behringer either when you have only 2 CDJs, you wouldve been better off getting a higher spec 2 channel from Vestax or Numark for less money.

Its a bit pointless telling you this already though, because you've already bought it, and even if you did try to sell it, you'd struggle.

Yes i realise they aren't exactly the same. I bought 4 channel so I can plug my laptop / mp3 / radio in as well, because I cbf unplugging things often. As above I saw that pioneer mixer in jb today for 1.7k. Now I dont see the point in spending this sort of money when I can get used to this mixer, play a few gigs, and then upgrade in a couple of years when something better comes out. Plus I live out of home with rent and bills to pay as well....money doesnt grow on trees.

It has all the features im after. Its my mixer not yours, so stop complaining about it, i've seen some kick ass mixes from dj's with shittier mixers than I have, once again proving that you dont need to go out and get the best of the best. Obviously you need these features yes? Im out, cbf getting into a keyboard warrior thingo

^^^i have the djx700 and its fine for basic shit but i have cdj200's after doing a few gigs with cdj 1000's and djm 800 made me realise id rather have cdj200's and a djm800 than 1000km3 and a djx700 i think u find most will agree...its expensive yes but u can pick up a djm600(little brother/older model) under 1k which would be sufficient.

Yes i realise they aren't exactly the same. I bought 4 channel so I can plug my laptop / mp3 / radio in as well, because I cbf unplugging things often. As above I saw that pioneer mixer in jb today for 1.7k. Now I dont see the point in spending this sort of money when I can get used to this mixer, play a few gigs, and then upgrade in a couple of years when something better comes out. Plus I live out of home with rent and bills to pay as well....money doesnt grow on trees.

It has all the features im after. Its my mixer not yours, so stop complaining about it, i've seen some kick ass mixes from dj's with shittier mixers than I have, once again proving that you dont need to go out and get the best of the best. Obviously you need these features yes? Im out, cbf getting into a keyboard warrior thingo

I had a Vestax VMC004XL before I bought my DJM800 and I smashed the channels on that. Before that, I started with a Numark DXM06 and smashed that. Not from a poor design or anything, but because I abuse channel faders when I mix. I know all about starting small and moving up later and I agree with it- but Behringer is still the arse end of the equation as far as mixers go. If I had a DJX700, it wouldve lasted 3 months in my hands. The two people I know that own DJX700s, hated them. Everyone else I know that had a Numark, or a Vestax that moved up to a Pioneer, still rate their legacy mixers for what they were.

The features I need? I'm a hardstyle DJ, I rarely use FX. I bought a high end mixer because I take mixing seriously after 2 years of f**king around on middle range equipment, and wanted good quality sound and robust hardware that wouldnt die like what happened with my previous lower end mixers. $1.7k is alot of money, but you can get a brand new DJM 600 for just over a grand. Its an older design but its still used in clubs. Even a Numark 5000FX is a better option than a Behringer.

And if money was that much of an issue for you, there are lesser options to CDJ1000s that cost less than $1300 - but I guess you were ok with going all out on those, but not a mixer? Dont think I dont understand the money situation, I have CDJ400s because, althought I could afford it, I cant justify $1300 per CDJ ad I dont use the extra functions.

Its not a keyboard vendetta, its a discussion regarding DJ equipment. If you want to take this personally then thats your problem, if you cant handle it, because we ARE conveying useful information here.

Sad to say but imho the djm 800 is the best 4 channels mixer out there, its "standard"

anyone looking for some CDJ1000 ? im selling mine as well as my xzone92. :)

Sad to say but imho the djm 800 is the best 4 channels mixer out there, its "standard"

how much for the CDJ1000s ?

I have only 1 peice of advice to being a good DJ

USE VINYL

I have only 1 peice of advice to being a good DJ

USE VINYL

Been there , done that

how much for the CDJ1000s ?

pair for 1.6 ? mint condition

Edited by Excess

I have seen two DJXs lose channels from part time use, sometimes they last 3 years sometimes they last 3 months - you just dont know, theyre about as quality in workmanship as a Gemini. Why match such awesome CDJs with such a balls mixer?

Behringer are knock off Pioneer designs (just replace the M with a X in the model number) except not to the same standard, thats why clubs dont touch them. I will type this in bold and capitals so you understand - THE BEHRINGER DJX700 IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME AS ANY PIONEER DJM MIXER. Whoever told you that, just because they look the same, scored a pretty sweet sale deal or has NO idea what they are talking about.

Also, a warranty means you will have to take it back to the store you bought it off and have it sent back to be fixed. Wouldnt it be worth just buying a mixer that just doesnt break in the first place? After bashing two cheap mixers to bits, I went out and bought a DJM800 because anything else is a waste of time.

I dont know why you bought a 4 channel Behringer either when you have only 2 CDJs, you wouldve been better off getting a higher spec 2 channel from Vestax or Numark for less money.

Its a bit pointless telling you this already though, because you've already bought it, and even if you did try to sell it, you'd struggle.

I paid $600 brand new for my ecler Nuo3 which is a three channel mixer but because it has H-Line, L-Line and Phono it is effectively a 9 channel mixer, because turntables run off Phono and CDJ's can run off H and L line so you can have 3 Turntables and 6 CDJ's at once and the build and sound quailty is 2nd to none.

excess- where are you located ??? me is very keen.

curently using 1200's and serato. vinyl is good, but the convenience of the que button makes life so much easier on the cdj's

btw you got mk 3 or 2 ???

excess- where are you located ??? me is very keen.

curently using 1200's and serato. vinyl is good, but the convenience of the que button makes life so much easier on the cdj's

btw you got mk 3 or 2 ???

Vic mate, pm sent

i too use serato myself but after a few month s of vinyl - ing . i switched back to CDJ, its more about creativity rather than skills nowadays.

You can do so much more on a cdj with serato

Edited by Excess

pm me details too - are they mk3 or 2?

and how much as a package WITH the xone92 and how much for the 92 by itself :)

pm me details too - are they mk3 or 2?

and how much as a package WITH the xone92 and how much for the 92 by itself :)

pm sent they are MK2s

sold my cdj200 today anyone want a djx700 mixer $300 basically new...anyway anyone using denon anymore found some cheap dns3000 thinking of buying or should i just save n opt for the cdj400?

sold my cdj200 today anyone want a djx700 mixer $300 basically new...anyway anyone using denon anymore found some cheap dns3000 thinking of buying or should i just save n opt for the cdj400?

should consider buying my CDJs, however 400 isnt shabby at all

How much you sold your 200s for dont mind me asking.

anyone know of anyone selling 800s?

or excess ill consider yours if you can do a bit better price, im so strapped for cash atm :(

anyone know of anyone selling 800s?

or excess ill consider yours if you can do a bit better price, im so strapped for cash atm :(

Have you check www.inthemix.com.au ?

Zohair pm sent