Sign in to follow this  
Mike.SR20.180sx

what else do i need? lowering 180sx front end

hey guys, just wondering if there is anything else i'll need to get/do when putting lowering springs in the front of a 180sx. All i was going to do was swap the springs and do an alignment.

Thanks,

-Mike

You didn't mention new shocks ?

It's a good idea to replace the shocks as well as the stock one's have a tendency of failing with stiffer springs...

It's a good idea to replace the shocks as well as the stock one's have a tendency of failing with stiffer springs...

yea def the way to go. although i always found after adding up costs of shocks and springs it almost didnt seem worth it since u can get coilovers pretty cheap but then again that depends on how good quality coilovers u'd want

yea def the way to go. although i always found after adding up costs of shocks and springs it almost didnt seem worth it since u can get coilovers pretty cheap but then again that depends on how good quality coilovers u'd want

Yeah true as. I mean i just wanted a budget job on the front as they sit sooo high standard. How do the shocks fail though? It's not like they're actually going to break or anything. I just imagined it would be a pretty stiff bounce of a ride.

DONT GO LOW IT = Bad handling,Massive camber wear and Shittt bumpy ride especially on stock struts as they are not designed for lower spring rate.....They will eventually fail

Yeah true as. I mean i just wanted a budget job on the front as they sit sooo high standard. How do the shocks fail though? It's not like they're actually going to break or anything. I just imagined it would be a pretty stiff bounce of a ride.

It could fail as the stiffer spring will be un-kind to the old shock. The stock springs are softer.

You may be lucky and your stock shocks won't give out... But if they do, it's more work for you.

The poor man pays twice.

I guess i could go some KYB's probly cost me about $350 for the fronts. bringing my total spend to $400, i guess thats not too bad compared to what i've been through in the past. There really is no such thing as a good cheap way to do anything.

i had lowered shocks in my 180 for about a year and it was ok.. a lil bumpy and had a camber kit in it and it handled well. when i got a rwc and put the standard springs back in they where knocking like crazy

go coilovers man, bit more expensive but worth it from its adjustability, even d2 ebay ones.. do the job