Sign in to follow this  
Megs

Acrylic Nails

Hey girls,

A few weeks ago I had my nails done and not having much spare time to get them filled in, and not really wanting them re done I want them taken off but not really keen on paying someone to take them off for me.

Im attacking them with a pair of small scissors atm and making them worse (haha)

Any ideas on how I can get them off?

i think if you soak them in acetone or something it should help soften the acrylic up...

correct me if i am wrong....

i ripped all mine off in April...hurt like hell and damaged my nails.... tho i do have acrylics back on now.

I bit mine until they fell off! Big ouchies, and not recommended, I now have natural nails and with the help of dr lewins and sally hansen they are tough, long and a pain in the ass!

iyeah they say to saok them in acetone and notto rip them off though it may take a few hours of saoking but if u rip them off its bad for your nails and damages them like crazy

When I go to take mine off, I will just cut the tips off with a pair of scissors. Ive tried soaking them in acetone, takes to long imo. If you leave them on they will catch on things and rip off anyway.

Your nail may end up frail, but just put on strengthen nail polish afterwards, it'll help them to grow back better

Soak them in acetone for a while and gently work away at the accrylic with a pair of clippers. Any that really wont clip off or soak off, dont rip it off just file it down, should remove all of it.

Get stuck into the cuticle oil and hand/nail moisturisers after. If youve got some nail layers sticking up a little you can get a buffer and gently buff them down.

Well I should have read this thread BEFORE I started ripping off my nails. I thought it would be a fun idea before Christmas to get fake nails! Never had fake nails before so it was all a bit exciting... <_ well. now my nails look like shit house all ripped up and the top layers gone considering i can grow that fakies think will just stick with idea. only have left to rip off drawn blood on finger so far. not too bad an effort>

phee soak the other 2 off babe. Ripping causes so much damage its not even funny. And go get yourself a manicure

worst part is when you crack an acrylic nail and it splits half way down the nail bed... thats the worst pain ever!!

phee i hope your fingers arent too sore today.... ouch!

skye when that happens go to your nail lady asap, she should file it down, cut the end down and then use a form to apply accrylic over the top and build it out again. If your really really stuck, always keep a little tube of nail glue in ur bag, glue it back together and wack a bandaid on.

Im lucky my nails grow real quick.. and they dont normally snap off!

Same, so this damage will go in no time. I also found out that if you have a nail that is coming off, get a laminated piece of paper and use that to run under it and lift it. It caused little damage on the nails I had left remaining to remove and you can file the glue off no worries :D

When i get mine removed the lady uses a stick on tip to slide under the acrylic and seperates it from the nail bed, its not the most pleasant experience but it doesnt hurt :)

i dunno if its to late but for future,

i usually get cotton balls soaked in acetone and place them ontop of the nail, then wrap the tops of my fingers in alfoil (looks silly but holds the cotton balls on real well) then i leave them for a bit while i watch tv or something.... WORKs WONDERS!!!