Sign in to follow this  
blind_injustice

NS.COM's 'VETERANS' thread!

i've been on here since '04, but my other accounts...lets just say didn't leave a good impression :lol:

i'm number six. you all bow to me

in the time it took me to research 180s(when i wanted one) to being able to drive/buy one, they turned into a defect magent, so never bought one :P

i've owned an r31(smashed), a rather modified Datsun 1600(stroked L18), couple more r31 run around/trash cars, another datsun 1600 project i abandoned(sr20) keeping the first datto thru all of this and well into owning the stagea i still own now(used as a run around car, that datto is now in parts/sold etc)

off my p's in a year and i'll be onto something new.

Well I was around cars well before 05, more like 97 or something... can't remember. I remember when girls weren't that into cars, or if they were they kept fairly quiet about it.

ns meets back in 04 in melbourne used to have quite a few girls. only problem was everyone would assume it was your boyrfiends car and when they found out it belonged to a chick the first two questions were always "so non-turbo yeh?" and "so it's auto right?"... wait... that hasnt changed..

i still have the same car i bought 4 years ago.. bought it for $11k from an importer completely stock and in perfect condition. it nearly makes me cry to look at it now :(

i remember ns vic meets back when we used to pack out the car park every week and we actually used to go for cruises. and black 32's became all the rage. And who could forget the weekly discussions over whether s13's were in fact under the power to weight limit.

sup?

ive been here since 03... damn.

I started with a few of these..

DSC00032.jpg

then progessed onto this...

DSC00042.jpg

then decided to own a few of these gay things...

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

then built this...

Image014.jpg

Image009.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

Now I own these gay things...

09112008079.jpg

Jackpics539.jpg

n1311377725_30077209_1702.jpg

Few of the memorable moments of NS..

When widebody became cool.. even with stockies!

The team sleazy / weslide rivalry and parties

The delirium parties

*bannedsite*

BN kits

the celsior craze

the drift-tek craze

The million page flutter threads

I think i can qualify for this thread (only 19 days into 06 but was reading and posting as a guest at least a month before i signed up) I joined just before i bought my 180 and was driving a 04 lancer at that point

you joined in '06' and you drove a lancer?........... GTFO.... *points at door*

:P

but seriously........

the lancer was purley a go between car until i got my 180 hehe

Just checking if i QUALIFY, i FORGET WHEN i JOINED...

Dirty capslock :(

EDIT:YAY Im old school :P

I joined SAU in 2003, my first import...since sold...took me a while to join up to NS.com:

Had HKS 2530, PFC etc... I remember when Greddy cooler kits were $2000, MY 2530 was $2100 2nd hand and AVCR $900...now its just china spec parts :|

5064Hawker_s_R32.jpg

My current cars:

Drifter:

1991 180sx, SR20DET, HKS GT-SS, PFC, 2 way, cusco cage, R32 GTR seats, Tein HA's, adjustable arms, 5 stud/R33 brakes, meisters....lots more, but CBF!

Since photos it now has a trust twin tip exhaust (Trust DD) and probably more stuff

RIMG0046.JPG

Hawker05_180sx_02.jpg

Daily: (current project)

1990 R32 GTS, was auto was NA (Since photos has been lowered, RB20DET + Manual conversion, Late model seats and trim, tint, 5 stud conversion and brakes, LSD...basically GTST spec now....rolling on stockies now....R33 GTR rims soon, already have a pair of them)

post_20968_1160045662.jpg

^^^OLD PHOTO

Newbie to NS/HT but been around cars for years

Started with Holden Piazza

Went to student spec mazda 626

Then to budget spec Vespa

Now got my Pug

I remember the first 180 I saw with stretch around 3 years ago

Chameleon paint was the ducks nuts

The chrome ratio was way too high

Matte paint was only on Wesley Snipes Blade beefcake

Should mods be policing the 05 or earlier rule???

I joined Jan 05.

At the time i was driving a seat cordoba gti (of which i have no photos). Somewhat similar to this, except green with different rims

barna_barna_068.JPG

and i had planned on upgrading to a 200sx. So i joined up to do some research and learn about these things.. before purchasing this:

side1xg0gq8.jpg

which was basically stock except for cooler, rims, exhaust and a couple other small bits and made about 140rwkw - which over time has developed into this:

frontpr1ey4.jpg

which still looks basically stock but has a few hidden goodies and makes somewhat more power :)

all i remember from when i first joined was 'D-Rail', 'Gangies', 'K ick the crate' and 250rwkw was enormous.

Timbo, you have been around for 3 fkn months..... what makes you think your a 'Veteran?!'

*facepalm*

Timbo: "Oh hai guyz! im brand new here, so ill just start posting in the veteran thread, cool yea?! okbyznow"

facepalm_statue.jpg

almost a veteran lol

pfft f**k it. first car was a pov pack VS commo... i joined SAU and NS.com when i started looking for an import. ended up with a white R33 gtst (on my Ps too. oh look im naughty :P but that was back when the penalty was only $100 and no points. now its like $700 and 7 points or some crap. :lol: )

car when i first joined..

Honda003.jpg

my car back in 05..

Navs14010.jpg

car now:

IMG_0149.jpg

Just checking to see if i am cool enough for old skool

EDIT: Yep, I joined when i was in grade 11 as something to fill in IT classes.

I stated with a BMW 316i (gutless as hell) traded that and got a 84 Cruiser troopy which took me and 6 mates from Tassie to Surfers for new years 06-07 sold that once i got back (still wish i had it was a beast) didn't get an import til 2007 when i picked up my r33 from Bling Commanders place of employment.

Back when i joined chrome was the shizznit and i was busy trying to get a set of 20 inch bling rims for my Beemer.

And as you can see i lurk quite a bit

Timbo, you have been around for 3 fkn months..... what makes you think your a 'Veteran?!'

*facepalm*

Timbo: "Oh hai guyz! im brand new here, so ill just start posting in the veteran thread, cool yea?! okbyznow"

facepalm_statue.jpg

Coz u can't discriminate. :rolleyes::P

And shouldn't it be about keeping out the youngins who think drifting is the only kind of driving.

Just coz I haven't been on this forum for long doesn't mean I'm here to ruin ur shit with poxy posts about how hawt my new VS kit is.

I was still on the scene since before 05

/defensive rant

• Downvote 2

im old school, been comin here over 5 years. i was building my first 180 when i joined up, had already owned numerous cars including 98 s14, i drive a purple charade at the moment because i got dunno what i wanna buy next lol. When i join i lived at home with mum and had been dating a girl for about 2 years, now we are married and have our own home...... how time flies.

Since then have also owned 2 more 180's a 02 wrx and a 01 s15

p.s, i think mods should police this thread and any post from non old schoolers should be delted, we got warned not to post in the girls only thread. so fair is fair.

When i bouthgt my 180 in 2003, "the runs" were the sh!t in Campbelltown. People would meet in Ingleburn, then alternate between Airds Rd, Smeaton Grange, Appin Rd and the coal mine all night. They would stop long enough to get a few races in, then once the cops called it in on the radio, everybody would leave, and wave to the boys in blue as they passed us on their way there :lol:

Some nights there would be in excess of 200 cars there. Now people just get their kicks on crowded streets, yeah, i sure feel safer now!

Back then, Intercooler kits cost $1500, and anything more than a front mount, EBC and zaust was hard core.

hehe chappy

the runs were awesome back then

nothing like that anymore

what i remember when i joined here, 2003 i think

the site was pretty small and quiet

jap parts were bloody hard to obtain and when they were, they were expensive

when hybrid brought out front mounts for $880 (just the cooler), they sold like hot cakes because until then we only had

custom fabricated jobs for 2k or jap ones for even more

offset was almost unheard of (hell even i was a newbie at it)

a lot more bling than jdm back then

19" tyres were still expensive as hell

had an s15 back then, 2001-2005, now got an evo 9 :)

Should mods be policing the 05 or earlier rule???

im old school, been comin here over 5 years. i was building my first 180 when i joined up, had already owned numerous cars including 98 s14, i drive a purple charade at the moment because i got dunno what i wanna buy next lol. When i join i lived at home with mum and had been dating a girl for about 2 years, now we are married and have our own home...... how time flies.

Since then have also owned 2 more 180's a 02 wrx and a 01 s15

p.s, i think mods should police this thread and any post from non old schoolers should be delted, we got warned not to post in the girls only thread. so fair is fair.

sure if you want to end up like boost, one of hte main reasons i prefer NS over any other car website is there is no real discrimination

And shouldn't it be about keeping out the youngins who think drifting is the only kind of driving.

Just coz I haven't been on this forum for long doesn't mean I'm here to ruin ur shit with poxy posts about how hawt my new VS kit is.

/defensive rant

Read the title!! NS.com's veterans of which you are not. :P

sure if you want to end up like boost, one of hte main reasons i prefer NS over any other car website is there is no real discrimination

It's only one thread though not the whole forum, Just like BAWT is for people at work and late night is for people up late. This is for people pre 05

/defensive rant

Read the title!! NS.com's veterans of which you are not. :P

It's only one thread though not the whole forum, Just like BAWT is for people at work and late night is for people up late. This is for people pre 05

They only have time restrictions, not ppl restrictions, which kinda is discrimination, back soon with thread link

BTW, I personally don't care, and am only posting to be a smart arse, but others may take offense

• Downvote 2

Wouldn't really consider myself a 'veteran' but I don't consider most of the people that have posted in the this tread veterans either.

Had a VB SLE with a 308 & 4 sp man, then a 320i, now a JZX100.

I remember the good old days of:

Pigeon Threads

KayTeeCee

Driftek Craze

BN Kits

TFIF