Sign in to follow this  
blind_injustice

NS.COM's 'VETERANS' thread!

I guess im a veteran. I joined SAU in June 03 after purchasing an R30. I then bought an S13 of SAU and afterwards found NS (doh!).

I still have the same car. But hope to sell next year and get a euro.

i was around on this site a year or so before i signed up under this name, not 100% sure whether i had another account then. i didnt have a car then, just reading up on the cars as i was saving for a nissan import at the time, i wasnt 100% sure which one to go with.

i was around other forums early '04 maybe '03 researching cars etc, dunno if anyone remembers SVD before it closed down?

*scratches head*

How many of you 'veterans' actually had a car when they first signed up? and how many were still getting wedgies from the year 12's at lunchtime?!

And (serious question now) how many of the aforementioned have followed up with buying an import, and how heavily modified is it? This could be an interesting case study! lol. If only i had NS.com when i was 16 im sure my first purchase would have been significantly better!

I signed up when i got my first Silvia.

I use to go by "Drift_S13" :lol:

Just had memorys of Loz in the Soarer and the flame thrower kit :lol:

i joined NS coz i had a s13

but it wasnt until i joined that i found out i had the slower turbo version, back then i thought there was Turbo or Non Turbo, didnt know about the whole CA/SR thing. :lol:

i remember the christmas tree burnout vid in a hiace from the adelaide guys at some massive party, f**kin funny pics to

my first ride 3 years ago

frontshot.jpg

post-10303-1135647042.jpg

now my current ride

passengerside.jpg

u joined up when i was in yr 9 cause josh/180sxdrifterj showed me sils and i fell inlove joined up then

back then the eastside guys ran the forums, and the mods were nazi as, and emz allways got payed out, now he pays everyone out lol and the westies run the board now hahah this is the only forum ive stuck on

I joined way back in April 2004. I would have been 15 at the time.

I was heaps keen on buying an S13 as my first car, and a couple of months after I got my Ps, in March 2006, I bought one off a member on here:

left_rear.jpg

I had it for about 18 months, and I loved the car to bits. Unfortunately, I was forced (due to financial reasons) to sell it, after I put SO MUCH money into it. This is what it looked like when I sold it:

P7060084.JPG

P7060093.JPG

:( I still miss it now. After selling her, I went Euro for a brief period of time with a fairly worked E30 323i. Very fun car to drive, and quick/light, but just wasn't for me:

9.jpg

IMG_0803r.jpg

Whilst I had the E30, an absolutely mint 1988 Silvia Ks came up for sale in Japan. I imported it through Kristian (Iron Chef), and it truly was a minter - 1 owner, genuine 70,000km car:

IMG_0327.JPG

Sadly, again I couldn't hang on to her, due to circumstances beyond my control, so I had to sell her. The car is actually for sale again now (on CarSales.com.au) from the guy who bought it off me, and I'd snap it up if I had the money.

However, once I sold the E30, I bought another project S13. She's a little worse for wear, but I'm doing everything DIY, and I don't need a daily anymore, since I got a job in the city. So I pretty much do work on it whenever I feel like it. You can read all about it, and see some pics, here:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=329815

I joined cause i had a s13 black ca18det cat back exhaust, pod etc.. back when u could cruise and dont have to worry about cops nothing like it is today..

Ive still got my 180sx and i have an rx7 (which ive had 3-4 years)..

The scene has changed..

P.S Member No. 310, Joined Nov '02 and 972 Posts.. Thats 0.44 Posts a day (approx) its not quantity its quality... hehe

brings back memories when i was working hard to get my P's and pay for petrol in the old 84 corolla LOL

I joined back at end of 02/begining 03 (diff acct)

1st car was a 88 Mazda 626,

now driving a phat 34.. which is in the garage (for the past year :()

Lessons learnt? DONT GET A FREEAKING LOAN, no matter how much.. you're worse off. Im nowhere near paying some of my loans off, however if i saved the money i'd earnt (even 1/3) i could have purchased 2x R35 GTRs... just puts me in my place knowing what i COULD have had.. so young guns, working at maccas or whatever, work hard, save it, OWN it, sell it, save it, buy it. (rpt) :)

god cars back then were...

more about the doof doof

F&F Wings

hondas

cannons were the rage,

shopping lists down the door.

most people hadnt heard of the AE86 too lol

charmelion paint was just being invented/used

P.S Member No. 310, Joined Nov '02 and 972 Posts.. Thats 0.44 Posts a day (approx) its not quantity its quality... hehe

n00b :P

Ahh, i remember that car hirsty!

Was nice! :D

Manual... Grey.. Matched my 300zx too!

New 32 looks mint.

silbak.jpg

bay.jpg

^^^^

remember this old girl?! My first S13. Wanst anything special but f**k... did i look after it! haha.

I remember driving you home from Ringers, with my Ex GF at the wheel! haha.

STFU! haha, they were swapped for a nice set of white Volk crKai's 17X8.5 +15 17 X 9.5 +23

I had just turned 18, and they were $500 with new tyres on em! i was a smart cookie and knew that a set of firehawks were gonna cost me $500 anyways! :P

c'mon R33_gtr cheer up!.... the CX-7 is totally like a sportscar, and the R34 gtr is definately a sports car........ sooo...... yea.... ummm... *looks awkward*

*pats shoulder and shakes head*

Just thinking back now i got my R33 from Prestige Motorsport, i think they were called? I paid like high $40s for that thing lol...

f**k i miss that car, drove better than the R34 and twice as quick.

The Mazda is just well yeah the typical soccer Mum car and honestly that's what she does every Sunday, takes the boys to soccer.

Atleast when they are older i will get to perve on the chicks they bring home, oh the joy. :)

when i first joined up i was cruising a 88 camry wagon

PICT0003.JPG

then bought my r33 for cheap even though i wanted an s14a.

oh and back the post whoring was kept to a minimum not like these days when everyone is +1 this and +1 that

*scratches head*

How many of you 'veterans' actually had a car when they first signed up? and how many were still getting wedgies from the year 12's at lunchtime?!

And (serious question now) how many of the aforementioned have followed up with buying an import, and how heavily modified is it? This could be an interesting case study! lol. If only i had NS.com when i was 16 im sure my first purchase would have been significantly better!

i was pretty young when i started looking here. thing is i started saving and researching for a import when i was about 12 lol

Brilliant... i qualify... :)

My car when i joined.

astrolawnoriginal.jpg

My car now..

astro2008.jpg

:blush:

^^^I like the aero mirrors you have put on it since

I don't think early 2005 makes me a veteran, although alot has changed!

i remember the christmas tree burnout vid in a hiace from the adelaide guys at some massive party, f**kin funny pics to

I believe that was Dan in his daihatsu HI-jet kei van. It's in his sig. I wasn't at the party but I do remember it happening.

I don't think early 2005 makes me a veteran, although alot has changed!

Yea same here, started reading NS back in 04 researching cars, bought my Ceffy in very late 04 and i still own it, i remember when i bought it you would see bugger all ceffys on the road and when you seen one you would always give them a wave or even pull over to have a chat, things are different now...

When i first got it

DSCN0194.jpg

Now lol

October11prac113.jpg

i've probably got the vid at home..

the TS party vis wasn't it?

i found a whole stack... most of the full boost drift vids too :)

This is my baby when i first got her, think i was 16 at the time,

rb20det..gt25-40 (Laggy as f**k)

Will post some recent pics soon :)

Minorci200411271735ridefile1.jpg

Minorci200411271735ridefile2.jpg

What happened to your Mini Cush? No need for it anymore?

I took it off the road with the intention of getting it into a daily drivable state (ie not having to replace fuses/oil every 5 metres) but then i got distracted..

My left hand when i joined..

hand1.jpg

my left hand now...

hand2.jpg

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg Edited by Ceffy

I believe that was Dan in his daihatsu HI-jet kei van. It's in his sig. I wasn't at the party but I do remember it happening.

:lol: The last TS Party in prospect. I rocked up as Dan was doing the christmas tree. Then later Matt smoked up the street in his soarer :lol:

Signed up to NS in yr 12 when I was looking for a car.

Found this (04).

180_back.jpg

Then had misc blemishes fixed and new kit/wheels/etc some time between 05-06

photo_1801.JPG

And in the last year new kit/rims/type x lights/more

n537419072_1521412_54.jpg

My best memories of NS are def of the brags & stories section, and meets/cruises before impound laws came in.

Well, when I joined, I was 17 and just wanting to find out about Silvias.

Then joined the East weekly meets in Melbourne and met some awesome people.

I had this as my first car:

mineozcruise.jpg

Now I don't have my own car.

OWNED.