Sign in to follow this  
Brendan26

GTR oil pump

N1 oil pumps suck IMO

personally i would go with a TOMEi or JUN oi pump

i went with a custom made billet CNC machined oil pump for my GTR

N1's are ok, they do actually pump more. But they don't solve the crank key problem, which is the main reason people have to replace the pump.

I have a JUN pump here and a JUN crank collar for my 26 when the build starts.

the N1 pumps dont pump as much compared to the JUN and tomei pumps

u can tell by the size of the gear set

RB26OILPUMP1.jpg

RB26OILPUMP2.jpg

im using the powertune pump

its made from P20 tool steel and its CNC billet unlike other oil pumps which are laser cut

laser cutting metal weakens it has it cuts because its heating it up

because my oil pump is machined from P20 tool steel with a CNC machine the oil pump stays cold

then once its finished its heat treated to make it stronger

N1 pumps work fine as long as you run the right tune, my tuner runs 800hp with an N1 pump but has removed his rev limiter and has the injectors run 100% duty cycle at a set limit and he has had the car running for over a year with that pump in it...

N1 pumps work fine as long as you run the right tune, my tuner runs 800hp with an N1 pump but has removed his rev limiter and has the injectors run 100% duty cycle at a set limit and he has had the car running for over a year with that pump in it...

possibly one of the best quotes of all NS history, makes no real sense what so ever.

:huh:

lol

possibly one of the best quotes of all NS history, makes no real sense what so ever.

and lol

:lol::lol:

N1 have a fairly large failure rate compared to the other brands, i was told the N1 engines didnt acutally run the N1 pump, but rather a NISMO/Reimax?

Presure isnt a problem with any of these pump i didnt think, or else the RB26's wouldnt have a problem with pumping all the oil to the top. just make sure if you run a aftermarket brand pump you use a restrictor to suit. i have a table comparing the STD, N1 and an aftermarket brand pump(forgot which one) to each other in terms or what restrictors to use for what application. if anyone is interested PM me and i can send ya a copy thro...

it was supplied to me by a SAU member known as sydneykid

cheers

Best. Post. Ever. Going to try and fit it in my sig :lol: *edit: dam it's too long :(*

wat the hell does a tune have to do with an oil pump failing??? its rpm which breaks oil pumps

and i wouldnt recommend tuning so that ur injectors are running at 100% duty cycle

what makes an oil pump on a gtr fail??? The majority of the time its hitting the limiter and over revving... yes? So what he has done is removed the limiter and set it up so the injectors run 100% when it hits 8000rpm. He doesn't have the injectors running 100% constantly, only at 8000rpm. His setup was making 800hp and running just an N1 pump for over a year and a half.

Edited by GODZILR_GTR32

why the hell would you dump massive amounts of fuel in at 8000? Maby hes onto a secret no one knows about yet! Also no limiter.....nice but i rather hit the limiter then sending a rod out the side of my block. or he using the massive richness as a fake limiter. Either way it can be alot more then limiter. Search for SAE papers on crank harmonics on the ATI balancer site, lots to read.

Presure isnt a problem with any of these pump i didnt think, or else the RB26's wouldnt have a problem with pumping all the oil to the top. just make sure if you run a aftermarket brand pump you use a restrictor to suit. i have a table comparing the STD, N1 and an aftermarket brand pump(forgot which one) to each other in terms or what restrictors to use for what application. if anyone is interested PM me and i can send ya a copy thro...

or u could do wat i did and drill and tap a thread into the side of the cylinder head for a oil return line back to the sump

or u could do wat i did and drill and tap a thread into the side of the cylinder head for a oil return line back to the sump

could this mod be done while the engine is in the car or only when rebuilding?

im on the hunt of r agtr at the moment either want something built or with a few mods n cheap so i can build a engine on the side.

what things can i do while the engine is still running in the car? sump extension baffle?n1/jun pump? maybe you return line?

could this mod be done while the engine is in the car or only when rebuilding?

im on the hunt of r agtr at the moment either want something built or with a few mods n cheap so i can build a engine on the side.

what things can i do while the engine is still running in the car? sump extension baffle?n1/jun pump? maybe you return line?

ur going to need to pull the cylinder head of because if u drill into the cylinder head all the metal is going to end up inside and u wont be able to clean it out with out removing the cylinder head

well thats just lame now isnt it, i dont really feel like pulling the head off my car for a returne line...

How much the powertune oil pumps now kemp?

How much the powertune oil pumps now kemp?

$550

tapping in a oil return off the head is a great idea and i shouldhave done it when the engine was out, i believe that many track application GTR have this done?? some tend to tap out the lower of the 2 welsh plugs at the back of the head and run the return from there.

do the power tune pumps come complete pump or just as the gear set?

tapping in a oil return off the head is a great idea and i shouldhave done it when the engine was out, i believe that many track application GTR have this done?? some tend to tap out the lower of the 2 welsh plugs at the back of the head and run the return from there.

My 26 is getting this mod..

for 550 it would have to be just the gear set, even then it's a good buy

mine has this mod too. except kinda different. my mechanic took the welsh plug out completly tapped 2 smalle holes inthe head beside it (not all the way through) and made a plate up to sit there, with a drain in the plate. kinda hard to explain but i don't have a pic at the moment.

but doing this way means if for whatever reason you wanna run a welsh plug agian it's as easy as puttin one in.

What i dont get is that wouldnt it be better off going a brand new standard pump. Your trying to keep oil out of the head and more in the sump, so why buy a bigger oil pump that is just gonna rush more oil away from the sump.

thats a good point, i think the issue is more to do with the strength of the standard pumps. no so much the oil pressure and flow. and thats where the oil restrictors, sump extension and oil return from the head come into play.

Will have to see how they go. Im gonna be building a RB26/30 but the 30 stroked to 3.3/3.4 and twin GTRS. Will be running twin catch can set up, Mines cam baffles, sump baffle, extended sump, head to sump oil line etc.

last thing i want is for it to go bang.

the N1 pumps dont pump as much compared to the JUN and tomei pumps

u can tell by the size of the gear set

RB26OILPUMP1.jpg

RB26OILPUMP2.jpg

im using the powertune pump

its made from P20 tool steel and its CNC billet unlike other oil pumps which are laser cut

laser cutting metal weakens it has it cuts because its heating it up

because my oil pump is machined from P20 tool steel with a CNC machine the oil pump stays cold

then once its finished its heat treated to make it stronger

probably not, look at the difference between them and the n1

N1's are ok, they do actually pump more. But they don't solve the crank key problem, which is the main reason people have to replace the pump.

this is true - i made the decision to stick with the n1 pump for my new build WITH a jun crank collar, as advised by my engine builder

this is true - i made the decision to stick with the n1 pump for my new build WITH a jun crank collar, as advised by my engine builder

Is your BNR32 an early or late model Marko?

Given you are running the collar, which we certainly recommend, I would assuming its an early model.

sorry for late reply havent check this thread in a while

just the gear set

does any1 know if this cnc machined gears fit into a standard 26 pump???

it fits into the standard oil pump housing