Sign in to follow this  
Bazelinez

Who Is the WORST radio "rock" band?

Who is the WORST radio band?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you rate as the worst radio band?

• Good Charlotte
    • Nickelback
    • Simple Plan
    • Fallout Boy

fallout boy. their songs don't even make sense!

agreed

did they have the one "this aint a city its a god damn arms race" ? still not sure what they meant

I believe the words are "This ain't a scene, it's a god-damned arms race" ;)

You're missing bands like Metro Station, and the Jonas Bros off the poll.

Still incredibly gay lyric

along with all their other songs

they even f**ked up a michael jackson song too i believe

fallout boy. their songs don't even make sense!

agreed

did they have the one "this aint a city its a god damn arms race" ? still not sure what they meant

I believe the words are "This ain't a scene, it's a god-damned arms race" ;)

yeah that makes so much more sense now <_>

can't stand good charlotte - pop punk/emo/metal mulisha wannabe fu©ktards

haven't voted, they're all gayer than Freddy Mercury's AIDS

Please add an "All of the above" option to the poll.

kthx

:lol:

I actually liked FOB's first CD, was emo but had some decent songs, more punky shit.....

since then

DIE!

wasn't a shot at you mate, more the band. scene/screen/scream/city - it doesn't matter what word they insert, it still doesn't make any sense.

This ain't a scene its an arms race.

Every band is trying to outdo each other, thats what it means!

its still gay tho

Voted fall out boy. But + 1 on Metro Stations needing to be there!

Bazelinez... your a pretty big hater arent you :P lol..

difinately simple plan. wingy gay shits. at least fall out boy and nickleback have made some decent songs.

Voted fall out boy. But + 1 on Metro Stations needing to be there!

Bazelinez... your a pretty big hater arent you :P lol..

no! Every other thread in here more or less is stuff I like! :(

I just really hate the way radio is headed, its just pure belligerent shit that they think if they play 10000 times a day ppl will like it (cause they have no choice).

Seriously I listen to the radio every day like most tradies and its garbage. Nothing new or different, its the same shit repeatedly....not just for days or even weeks, I'm talking MONTHS!

How long has "Dream Catch Me" been on rotation now? 5 months? Here's the few i've noticed getting creamed.

Britney - Circus

Good Charlotte - War (man this song is a new low even for them)

Nickelback - Somebody for me (if thats what iuts called)

Anything with Rihanna and her bitchy nasal racket

MATCHBOX 20! OR ROB THOMAS OR BOTH. SERIOUSLY, LEAVE IT ALONE!

lets not even mention how many times "apologize" was played.

anyone here seen nickleback live??

they are actually pretty dam good. and a lot heavier than what is released on radio.

well when i was given free tickets a few years ago when they toured australia, i enjoyed the show. they even play metallica songs quite well!

i voted FOB.. but torn between them and GC

list should also include;

Panic At The Disco

30 Seconds To Mars

Metro Station

My Chemical Romance

Panic At The Disco

30 Seconds To Mars

Metro Station

My Chemical Romance

How often do you hear 30 seconds to mars tho? almost never, they had the one song on the radio and it was gone, its not pummelled into you twice a day, everyday for months.

as for Nickelback being heavy, I don't doubt it, they're on Roadrunner Records, stablemates with Fear Factory, Sepultura etc.

they wreak of a once heavy band, all creamified and soggy for radio.

i like em all but nickleback.

Panic At The Disco

30 Seconds To Mars

Metro Station

My Chemical Romance

How often do you hear 30 seconds to mars tho? almost never, they had the one song on the radio and it was gone, its not pummelled into you twice a day, everyday for months.

as for Nickelback being heavy, I don't doubt it, they're on Roadrunner Records, stablemates with Fear Factory, Sepultura etc.

they wreak of a once heavy band, all creamified and soggy for radio.

no idea how often any of these bands are on the radio - i don't own one, car doesn't have a functioning radio (still has the jap one, disconnected) & i can't listen to the radio at work. i just dislike all those bands thanks to early morning music shows & ads on tv (which i'm also cutting down on).

streamcasts are the way to go.

snakenet metal radio FTW!

I've just re-kindled my love for Triple J :wub:

The love never stopped :)

It had to be Nickelback. Although I would have voted for Hinder if they were in there. And you're really making it hard by putting Simple Plan and Good Charlotte in there, both bands who I would quite happily explode if given the chance.

To the people who can't understand Fall Out Boy's lyrics, I think you're inadvertently saying more about yourselves than FOB. Pretty much all of their songs are extremely intelligent lyrically. Say what you want about the music (although I think the problem with Infinity On High wasn't the music, it was the too-clean production) but lyrically they're a hell of a lot better than most bands.

FOB's lyrics are shit and they don't make sense. just because you throw in a few words that may have some meaning, jumbled up with some other words that are just there because they make it rhyme doesn't make it a good song.

It had to be Nickelback. Although I would have voted for Hinder if they were in there. And you're really making it hard by putting Simple Plan and Good Charlotte in there, both bands who I would quite happily explode if given the chance.

To the people who can't understand Fall Out Boy's lyrics, I think you're inadvertently saying more about yourselves than FOB. Pretty much all of their songs are extremely intelligent lyrically. Say what you want about the music (although I think the problem with Infinity On High wasn't the music, it was the too-clean production) but lyrically they're a hell of a lot better than most bands.

i'll admit i know SFA of Fallout Boy's lyrics - i know the name of 1 of their songs, and only know the bullshit catchphrase chorus from that. Call me a musical snob, but when you have a listening diet of true talented musicians, you tend to get on a soapbox when pop shit is passed off as quality.

streamcasts are the way to go.

+1 to that

the only thing that goes through my car stereo consists of all the various mixes i've downloaded from the intarwebs, as well as some 'casts of a chicago-based dubstep radio show i stumbled across. oh, and FreshFM on a wednesday nite cause it's dnb/breaks shows all nite

can't vote on yer poll cause they're all poo and i don't listen to mainstream radioz