Sign in to follow this  
ek9

Resident Evil 5

Just played the demo then.

I find it really annoying that you cant move and shoot at the same time.

Can't even walk and aim at the same time :S

Just move angle on the spot and that's it.

Graphics are pretty good.

For some reason when you shoot the zombies it sounds like a paint gun.

They need to bring out RE 0-3 on Wii.

I swear RE4 on Wii is the craziest shit ever. I

LOL I noticed that too :lol:

With the pistol that is, which is absolutely useless!

There is a way to play with a mate.

You gotta host it, then hit the PS button and invite them through pressing triangle on their name.

Pretty shit way of going about it...

I like the first level better. Shotgun and machine gun :D

That executioner is pretty fkn intimidating too!

Just played the demo then.

I find it really annoying that you cant move and shoot at the same time.

Can't even walk and aim at the same time :S

Just move angle on the spot and that's it.

Graphics are pretty good.

exactly, man i was expecting this game to be sweet but i was so let down.

the locked camera was frustrating aswell. sprint is also retarded as.

if u havent played the demo yet then u should so u can experience how shit this game.

mega fail imo, graphics are good but what the f**k lets stand still and shoot.

they even copied the head stomp from gears of war 2.

also copied the teamwork part from prince of persia.

few more days!! ive jst played RE4 again and also umbrella chronicles to get into the story again. I think the aim and shoot system that RE5 uses would be better on Wii as its easier to aim with the wii remote.

few more days!! ive jst played RE4 again and also umbrella chronicles to get into the story again. I think the aim and shoot system that RE5 uses would be better on Wii as its easier to aim with the wii remote.

played demo

cant run and shoot? sucks

2 player split screen is hopeless it doesnt use the entire tv size. fail

grafics are good . thats about it to be honnest

I bought it yesterday (JB had it out a day earlier than the official release).

I've only had a quick play of it, but seems pretty good. That executioner asshole pissed me off though.

FAARKENNNN SICKKK GAMEEE, the controls arent that bad, or maybe coz im used to them form RE4, but yeh epic game

Ok so here is my quick review.

Bought it yesterday and I'm up to Chapter 5-2 - so on normal it isn't that hard (YET) with a solid 12 - 14 hours game play so far.

so far the game is just short of BRILLIANT, the graphics are amazing and because they kept the same controls from RE4 I love the controls, it is about survival and action not falling off ledges and doing monotonous tasks. Would have liked to see more aggressive AI and a Automatic aim like in GTA 4.

The story is fantastic and builds a gap between previous RE titles and this one. The TWO player support is by far the best addition. After playing with someone from Sydney or Perth for a few hours you just don't want to go back to having an AI character.

The levels are pretty simple with tasks not to unfamiliar from RE4, collect idols here, turn power on there, take elevator there, drive jeep around there etc etc. Much of it has been done in RE4

In fact that is really the only gripe with this game, it really doesn't feel like RE5 but more like RE4.5, with the controls so similar and gameplay and features it more feels like an extension of RE4 than an totally new game. Even the bosses are similar.

But then again anyone who played RE4 will know complaining that RE5 is like it like complaining your GF sucks d*ck as good as Jenna Haze. RE5 is truly an enjoyable game.

I give it 9 /10 as good as it is, it does feel a little too much like RE4 and the game is NOT SCARY at all, not one jump the whole game, it feels more action than horror and suspense, Doom 3 was scarier. But the addition of the awesome TWO player mode and an Involving storyline are its saving grace. Well worth the money and time.

For those interested JB Hifi is selling RE 5 for Xbox 360 and PS3 for $84.00 until Sunday the 15th of march.

This game is well worth your money IMO - especially if you haven't played RE 4

Ok just finished the game in just over a day!!

Although it didn't take that long, toward the end the game is incredible, I wont spoil it for everyone but there is a mega battle at the end which just seems to keep going on and on. A very immersive game thats for sure.

I will give you guys one hint though Rocket Launchers FTW!!!

But yeah the game is far more of a Action movie than a horror / scare but it will keep you addicted until the end.

Then once it is over all the mini games become unlocked and extra tasks to go back and complete.

Great Game

JB HiFi have a deal going to swap 2 games for RE5. I swapped Spiderman 3 and Tom Clancy Splinter Cell. LOL. I paid $75 all up for both those games, and JB gave me RE5. EB wouldn't give me any more than $20 for those games LOL.

I played two missions on it last night, controls are a bit annoying to begin with but you soon get used to it. Played it co-op with a mate, wasn't all that bad.

im about to go trade in Soul caliber 4 and Force unleashed for it.. clearly its gotta be better than those 2 games! pretty hyped, long time fan of resident evil

Yeah i got it 3 weeks ago, from my games rep, and finished it, its alrite a bit too easy for my liking, =(

Edited by HOOMY903

does it give u those "shocks" (jumpy stuff) like in re0/1 . I notice that re4 didnt have that.

does it give u those "shocks" (jumpy stuff) like in re0/1 . I notice that re4 didnt have that.

short answer no

it is more of an action game than a horror / survival game

Got it on Thursday last week, sweet as game, even got the wife playing it now :) the online co-op options are awesome. There is heaps of hidden shit so you can reply the levels over numerous times to find more. Plus the levels get rated on the performance so any snuff can pass the levels they are not hard per say but can be challenging if your playing for a certain as pect.

As for the shoot while running aspect I dont think its a design flaw they have obviously done this to increase the competitivness of the game and make it more of a challenge, plus it is obviously designed to be a Story orientated Adventure game, not an Action type first person shooter.

Plus finish the different levels of difficulties and you get sick new outfits, Sheva looks sweet in her gold clubbing outfit and knee high strappy heels hahaha.

short answer no

it is more of an action game than a horror / survival game

drats >:(

played the demo and was a mega let down.

GOW2 was way better.

If you want a co-op game like RE 5 then get "army of two" f**kin sick game

Not keen on the controls and the not scary setting but I may pick it up eventually. I loved RE4 but it seems RE5 hasn't gown at all except the visuals, They could have at least let you move and shoot and update the animations of the "not" zombies.

lol just played it again in co-op (cause co-op games are what im looking for atm) and f**kin hell did it give me the shits loool

Im going to get 50 cent-blood on the sand

Think I must be getting close-ish to the end. I;ve gone a long way through those ruins or whatever it is and I'm being attacked by that mutant bat again.

I hate those chainsaw mofos!

Think I must be getting close-ish to the end. I;ve gone a long way through those ruins or whatever it is and I'm being attacked by that mutant bat again.

I hate those chainsaw mofos!

your nearly there, dont need to fight the bat jst leg it lol, its gona get a bit harder after the ruins

Okay so now I'm up to fighting that blonde fairy again (assume its the final boss).

Just curious, when I finish it can I then play as Sheva?

Yea when you finish the game you can play as Sheva.

Also unlock costumes n stuff like that for both Sheva and Chris

finished it on sat night with a few mates - final boss took ages

back to SF4 now

I didn't mind the game at all cant really complain about it in anyway only thing i can suggest to followers of the game is to watch degeneration if you have not already