Sign in to follow this  
180_mph

Finally taking the plunge

Hey guys

I've been a bit quiet on here lately, don't worry i've still been training though. Been right back into the BB training, really trying to get a few bodyparts up to par.

Anyway, I have taken the plunge and will be competing in bodybuilding for the first time on May 9, in the ANB federation. I am still undecided as to whether i will do novice or under 80's.

Currently 15 weeks out, I am bulking and training as hard as i can for the moment. At 10 weeks we will assess where i'm at, and will most likely start restricting my calories at 8 weeks out(as i'm a lean prick already).

I'm looking at coming in at around 75kg's as shredded as possible. I am weighing around 83-84kg steady right now.

Anyway we took some photo's tonight of me hitting some compulsory poses, let us know what you think.

I am training chest like a muthaf**ker, getting bigger, my quads are lacking as i have only starting squatting last week as i did my knee in september(again), my hammies lack bad which i'm training really hard, and my calves are shit aswell, but oh well, most naturals have shit calves ;)

Will put pics up soon, and will be updating this as time goes by.

Ps. Lesson to you guys, train hammies as hard as you train quads. When the time comes, there's no point having quads if you got nothing behind them ;)

Still practicing posing, it's so much harder than i ever expected.

january232009001dcf8.jpg

january232009005dgk0.jpg

january232009007dlf7.jpg

january232009009dqo5.jpg

january232009010dka0.jpg

january232009012dub4.jpg

january232009015dqn3.jpg

january232009016dal0.jpg

january232009018dop1.jpg

randomddsi1.jpg

Looking good, if its easy for you can you please post ur workouts in your training log. Im interested to see what your body building training looks like.

Also out of curiosity have u taken arm, chest, waist, and leg measurements lately? Id be keen to see how big ur arms are at your bodyweight...

good luck mate..

constructive criticism.... and in no way am I saying I'm better.. just saying what the judges will think.

calves - missing size and definition.

thigh sweep - missing

hamstrings - missing

no symmetry between right and left bicep.

the left one seems to lag way behind in size and peak. (or maybe it's the posing - you also seem to hold one higher than the other (the right one is higher and more flexed it seems))

facial expression... you gotta learn to flex hard without looking like you are straining.

Your upper upper body (traps, upper back, chest) are really well developed.

and because of that, lower half look really mismatched.

Hope that helps in some way

thanks mate.

The biceps is the posing, my left is actually slightly bigger.

I know i have no calves, that's something that will be work in progress over the next few years.

I have no hamstrings, didn't really train them, paying for it now.

Sweep is missing as it was the first part to go after my knee injury, last week was the first time i squatted in 4 months! You can also clearly see it was my left leg that was injured as it is MUCH smaller ;) If only i had my quads from a year ago :(

Facial expression is something i'm working on, trying to get the pose right plus tensing EVERY muscle as hard as you can, then smiling, is actually very difficult.

looking good mate, ill be happy if i even get to the stage ur at now, thanks for the inspiration !

shoulders and traps are lookin awesome.

when i used to bother with my calves i found that if u use the leg press or squat machine at a gym, take a weight u can do say 15 reps of, do those reps, rest for however many reps = seconds rest ie. 15 reps - 15 sec rest, go again, then say u get 12 reps = 12 sec rest, and do that for like 4 sets, no ammount of calve work has ever made my cavles so sore before.

oh i have no doubt i can get my calves big, i just need to train them. Same as hammies.

No point trying for this comp, too soon, over the next year i will try to bring them up.

one other thing.. your delts easily overpower your bi's..

get some meat on to those bi's/tri's.

god it's easy to to just "tell" people rather than do it.. lol.

also when posing and flexing your bi's the shape of the bi alters with how twisted your forearm/wrists are - if i havn't made myself clear ill give you an example

with me when i flex my bi's and my palms/fists are facing forward my bis are much more lengthier and there isn't much peak

but with my wrists twisted inwards as much as possible it goes into a bigger peak

yes that was a horrible explanation :P but u should get the idea

(this was in case you didn't know)

Edited by dofdoofff

one other thing.. your delts easily overpower your bi's..

get some meat on to those bi's/tri's.

god it's easy to to just "tell" people rather than do it.. lol.

i dont agree, i think the shoulders should be bigger than bi's and tri's, the majority of bb guys arms are too big for their shoulders, u can tell that simon does real man lifts, i reckon its the diff between those guys who over do all the isoloated shit and him.

he's got more of that stongman type look without the fat haha.

well if he is going to be competing in bodybuilding.

symmetry and size gets the points.

delts are impressive, but they TOTALLY overpower his arms.

not saying they should be the other way around.. just that they should match.

I'm sure they won't give him more points because he does "real man lifts"

Download a posing video, i think arnie has one.

I recon all u need is calves and ur ready to go

i like your side tricep / trap pose ... if you just had some more definition in the side of your legs it will be one of your best i think because you have a really good mid section and big traps ..

how will you be training simon 5 days a week ?

looking very good simon, definately have put size on the chest since you last posted a picture, will look great at the end of your cut!

hey peacock....

looking good....get to work on those legs though. as everyone else has mentioned your shoulders are prob your best muscle group. train them once a week and start pumping those legs 2-3times a week and eat eat eat. Since around August / September my legs have grown a fair amount. I now training them 2-3times a week. Dont worry to much about calfs as you are severely lacking in upper leg thickness 1st.

Lats need a little work as well. Besides that all should go well.

Cant wait to see you 74kg shredded...fark me

simons lats arent anywhere near as small as they look in the pics, he just cant get them to pop out in his posing.

RUTAKN- yes he is training 5 days a week now

working legs 2 times a weekmaybe maybe but 3 times a week goes against any principle of growth there is... 15 weeks out you still have 12 weeks of growth before u really ramp up your cardio, which is really wot cuts ur legs up and you should be able to put a bit on in that time.

Also dont forget although there are compulsories there are still variety's you are able to do within those compulsories, maybe look at changing angles slightly so judges dont get to see ur 'weaknesses' as much.. also learn to use the lights to ur advantage, getting shadowing on ur legs can make em look bigger than they are

also on the day as much as possible stay to your strengths outside ur compulsories.. if ur shoulders are the strength every chance u get in free pose hit that pose, throw a few others in then back to that one..

hey man, all the best with your training upto the comp. Do you know roughly what body fat % your are now in your bulking phase? you are going to look insane when you finish cutting. And very true, most naturals ive seen have nothing spectacular in the calf department but yours arent bad at all...

oh and by the way, i have those undies lol. theyre good until u have to climb up and down ladders all day.

working legs 2 times a weekmaybe maybe but 3 times a week goes against any principle of growth there is... 15 weeks out you still have 12 weeks of growth before u really ramp up your cardio, which is really wot cuts ur legs up and you should be able to put a bit on in that time.

Also dont forget although there are compulsories there are still variety's you are able to do within those compulsories, maybe look at changing angles slightly so judges dont get to see ur 'weaknesses' as much.. also learn to use the lights to ur advantage, getting shadowing on ur legs can make em look bigger than they are

also on the day as much as possible stay to your strengths outside ur compulsories.. if ur shoulders are the strength every chance u get in free pose hit that pose, throw a few others in then back to that one..

thanks mate, i have been practicing with posing for the last few months. I've got a few bodybuilders including warren clampit helping me out so all good.

And regarding your first sentence, dieting will take 8-10 weeks, not 3 weeks mate.

I've only got 4 weeks till i start dieting, so i won't be putting much muscle on at all.

All my improvements will be coming for next year

oh and by the way, i have those undies lol. theyre good until u have to climb up and down ladders all day.

the question remains, why the f**k were you looking at his undies in the first place lol

the question remains, why the f**k were you looking at his undies in the first place lol

i just happened to notice them when i was looking at the picture and thought they looked familiar lol.. :huh: meh

lookin good mate!

thanks mate, i have been practicing with posing for the last few months. I've got a few bodybuilders including warren clampit helping me out so all good.

And regarding your first sentence, dieting will take 8-10 weeks, not 3 weeks mate.

I've only got 4 weeks till i start dieting, so i won't be putting much muscle on at all.

See if you can get in touch with Hayzer Cayli for some posing tips. He can also make you a routine if need be.

warren clampit - yeah he knows what he's doing ...lol

I was meaning u can still make improvements in your legs in 12 weeks a little size but moreso cuts and shape and the 3 weeks left at the end is when u really ramp up your cardio usually and thats when ur legs cut the most and show all the tie in's.. but anyway

wish i cld see pics .. blocked by work..boooo

good luck though, be an awesome experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was meaning u can still make improvements in your legs in 12 weeks a little size but moreso cuts and shape and the 3 weeks left at the end is when u really ramp up your cardio usually and thats when ur legs cut the most and show all the tie in's.. but anyway

Can't make any improvements once you start dieting, calories in will be less then calories out, which means it's impossible to grow muscle mate ;).

Can't make any improvements once you start dieting, calories in will be less then calories out, which means it's impossible to grow muscle mate ;) .

cool .. good luck.. i'll shutup.. ur thread :wub:

go hard