Sign in to follow this  
phee

BREAKING NEWS: Victorian Bushfires claim lives.

They said on the news they have found a heap more body's and will officially raise the death count from 181 to what ever it will be now, later on today.

i'm pretty sure the death toll will go through the roof in a few weeks.

i think for the time being officially they will keep a cap on the death toll so as not to completely trip out the public

imo

there is only 80 people still unaccounted for apparently, the government wouldn't dare hide anything anymore... they already have a class action which may be bought against them because of the kinglake fires.... hiding things will only get them into more and more trouble... people want to know whether their loved ones are alive....

there are a lot of bodies that are completely unidentifiable. they wouldn't coverup forever, just let the situation diffuse a bit. how would that possibly get them into trouble?

for starters there is a lot of p!ssed off people... you wouldn't want to give them anymore motive to sue your ass... we not your ass but the governments ass :D

what i'm trying to figure out is why you feel that people would sue because they keep things on the low down for a while

often in times of disasters like this they will do an initial death toll, then realise it's worse than they thought, then keep it on the low down until they know how many have been lost and then summarize the disaster later.

it's not like they would be trying to say "nope, no one ever died".

i don't understand how that is motive for people to sue the government.

meanwhile, sueing the government over this is ridiculous.

there are a lot of bodies that are completely unidentifiable.

I find this shattering for families who cant even have a loved ones body for a proper funeral.

there are a lot of bodies that are completely unidentifiable.

I find this shattering for families who cant even have a loved ones body for a proper funeral.

It would be extremely hard to take. It's interesting though as during many wars there were lots that wouldn't be able to be identified, and only in the last say 20 or so years has the technology stepped up a notch.

burn him, piss on his ashes, i have no sympathy for scum like that

Sounds like the typical idiot that would do something like that.

kill that stupid c**t and anyone that lights fires to get off on it.........................

Anyone watching the tribute on TV?

here in perth it was every channel bar abc, interrupted video hits. Fuzzy's so cool......like a cockroach that won't die.

here in perth it was every channel bar abc, interrupted video hits. Fuzzy's so cool......like a cockroach that won't die.

Rage > video hits... :D

it was a bit of overkill.... and the news is overkilling this event a little bit too much trying to make some money as well...

and the news is overkilling this event a little bit too much trying to make some money as well...

yep.

Anyone know if there is anywhere online to watch the tribute?

I was away and missed it :(

and here come all the companies milking it for all its worth, adds on tv from companies saying they support the redcross etc.

f**kin money hungry.