Sign in to follow this  
TypeXXX

Full TurboBack Exhaust, Decat pipe? High Flow Cat?

Hi guys i got a full gkteck turbo back exhaust on my 180 now and i was wondering if i should get a decat pipe or a high flow cat?

Guy who does my exhaust was trying to tell me to get a high flow cat as im basically corking up the exhaust with the current cat?

The one he was trying to sell me was like 300 ? what they worth? what to get?

wouldn't a 'full turboback exhaust' cover everything from the turbo back? including the cat?

go with a metal cat or magna flow cat

wouldn't a 'full turboback exhaust' cover everything from the turbo back? including the cat?

well its a gkteck cat-back exhaust and then i bought a front pipe and dump pipe gkteck as well so no

dont be a pussy save your coin and get a GK de-cat aswell

I didnt know they had any? they dont have any up on this site>?

yer i got mine for $69 or something like that your mech will push a cat onto you because he probably makes good money out of them, call 1800GKTECH and order a de-cat

yer i got mine for $69 or something like that your mech will push a cat onto you because he probably makes good money out of them, call 1800GKTECH and order a de-cat

sweet as!!!!!

yea but de cats are illegal aint they, and dnt the cause popping and some backfire

The GKtech site specifically says " for race use only " im pretty certain you will be in the shit if you get caught running a de-cat. then again, how often do you get pulled over so they can look at your cat?

chances are you will get caught if it making alot of noise and popping just search for a cheap cat there is a few in the classifields

^^^ Show me ONE person in Australia who has been fined $10k?

If you ever get pulled over and the police suspect there is no cat on your car you'll just get a defect and have to go get it EPA tested, which you simply put on a cat before the test.

I've run a decat pipe on my S13 for 5+ years with no issues from the Po Po. Spits some wicked flamage too!

+1

I love shooting backfire at cops who have people pulled over :)

my whole exhaust is from gktech (awesome setup), and did purchase decat, though constantly backfiring.

+ massive fine due to emissions.

so i purchased an XFORCE highflow cat.. cant fault at all.

well regardless of having a cat or not, i got 20 cats :P LOL jkes

bak on topic yer regardless, you'll still get backfire bcos of untuned with new atmos. bov neway and the aftermarket exhaust.

and darwin is getting real anal about the laws now, so getting decat serves no purpose if your car is only gona take u bak and from skool buddy

I heard there loud... Get a cat to maybe muffle that zorst down so its not so loud plus that way its more legal.

my whole exhaust is from gktech (awesome setup), and did purchase decat, though constantly backfiring.

hearing good things about the xforce ones, maybe i should look into them.

considering i have a full gktech zaust dump to catback, the sound level now is alright

i wouldnt call it loud, would fitting an xforce highflow cat make it a lot louder?

I wouldnt be running a Decat Pipe, Ive personally had the cops look under my car twice to see if the cat was in place, its just not worth the risk!: I have a cat inplace but its punched out but here in W.A the cops are wankers! :rolleyes: , I'll be buying the Turbo Back GKTECH Exhaust soon myself and looking for a good High Flow Cat too so I'll be watching this thread for recomendations........................

considering i have a full gktech zaust dump to catback, the sound level now is alright

i wouldnt call it loud, would fitting an xforce highflow cat make it a lot louder?

I got a full GKTECH exhaust on my type-x with a xforce high flow cat and it sounds awesome at idle and cruising around but even better when u give it balls sounds soo mean :P

I got a full GKTECH exhaust on my type-x with a xforce high flow cat and it sounds awesome at idle and cruising around but even better when u give it balls sounds soo mean :P

How much did the XFORCE Cat cost mate?, did you buy it here in perth somewhere??,ive sort of held off buying a new exhaust set up as my current has a punched cat so wondering if I change to GKTECH Exhaust with Hi Flow Cat I'll feel power loss due to running a cat even though it'll be hi flow= anyone?

How much did the XFORCE Cat cost mate?, did you buy it here in perth somewhere??,ive sort of held off buying a new exhaust set up as my current has a punched cat so wondering if I change to GKTECH Exhaust with Hi Flow Cat I'll feel power loss due to running a cat even though it'll be hi flow= anyone?

Na mate didnt get it here in Perth got it from just jap auto cost me $160.

Good question?

i 2nd that, setup is just to good..

who was the doucher who said there is a 10k fine for a decat?

surely not.