Sign in to follow this  
jerry180SX

GF get fit thread..dont flame = /

Hey fellas please only educated replies. My gf and i have let ourselves go...more her than me though so without being harsh i want us to get back into sexy shape

She's about 62kg and 5ft 10. I'm 75kg and 6ft 1...we aren't overweight but are still not happy with ourselves. Our diet has been crap but I can fix that thanks to the great tips on here, however exercises are an issue.

I have had a work induced back injury over 9 months ago and it still flares up (middle back just below shoulder blades..torn fibers in disc).

She had a car accident which wrenched her shoulders (car rolled 3 times) and has problems with bersitis and general shoulder strength movement..this is also sporadic like mine.

I would really like to start lifting again and get her into it albeit in a less intense fashion but i don't know what exercises are best for strengthening these problem areas (shoulders and back) and how to work around them ie lifting to build but without injury.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but the physios ive been to are shit so anyone who has had similar experience or knowledge in bodybuilding, fitness industry..your help would be greatly appreciated.

It probably wont be easy to find something that wont strain you/your gf's body too much but as gay as it sounds, i hear that yoga;

1. is an extremely physical workout

2. doesn't put much strain on your body/limbs

3. is apparently a very healthy way to exercise not only your body, but your mind

here's what a quick 1 minute google search found

http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/yoga/Benefits.html

http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/beginnersguide/yogabenefits.asp

Of course exercise is only 1/2 the job, you have to start eating healthy also.

Good luck dude!

Edited by SX2BU

That sounds like my gf. It pisses me off when you're in a long term relationship and they think its alright to get fat. But you cant say anything at risk of being labelled a prick. If only she'd realise that my ability to sustain wood depends on her getting rid of those chunky thighs and arse

You're lucky that yours knows what she needs to do

Anyway, with regard to your questions, yoga wont do shit, you need to do intense compound movements in order to lose fat, in conjunction with a calorie deficient diet. I understand you have injuries, but the only way you'll rehabilitate them is if you use the muscles and build them back up slowly. Start light and work your way up. M&M has had seniors doing deadlifts and squats, so anyone can do them

Does it hurt to run/sprint?

If not, fix your diet (all the info is here), then put your sneakers on, grab her hand, walk down to the nearest park.

now do some sprints (pick a distance that it takes you 10 seconds to sprint).

walk back, sprint, walk back etc.

that will help the 2 of you get back in shape and not have to lift a weight.

Read issues 37 & 39 of the PTC newsletter. The thread containing all these newsletters is on the 1st page of the forum.

That sounds like my gf. It pisses me off when you're in a long term relationship and they think its alright to get fat.

lol.... i love nice sexy chunky thighs and ass...... to an extent.. i dun want something that looks like it belongs in a butchers shop.

as for not telling her shes gotten fat...

just say, hey wear that dress i first saw u in........................ oh.. :S cant fit it? :S u must have put on a lil weight :S

That sounds like my gf. It pisses me off when you're in a long term relationship and they think its alright to get fat. But you cant say anything at risk of being labelled a prick. If only she'd realise that my ability to sustain wood depends on her getting rid of those chunky thighs and arse

Thats gold LMAO :lol:

i hear that yoga; 1. is an extremely physical workout

Yoga, physical. WTF

You're lucky that yours knows what she needs to do

Anyway, with regard to your questions, yoga wont do shit, you need to do intense compound movements in order to lose fat, in conjunction with a calorie deficient diet. I understand you have injuries, but the only way you'll rehabilitate them is if you use the muscles and build them back up slowly. Start light and work your way up. M&M has had seniors doing deadlifts and squats, so anyone can do them

You just tell it how it is. How can i love and respect you if you dont love and respect your self enough to look after yourself. You should love me however is a crock its not just "looks" a persons ability to keep fit exercise and be dicilined shows they have a strong will and that they are a storng person.

f**k you guys must be built to be able to judge others the way you do. How come I dont see all these ripped muscly physiques posted up in the pics of your body thread? Oh, I know, theyre bulking lol

If girls were as fussy as men, there would be no more sex.

nOoOOoo :(

If girls were as fussy as men, there would still be sex, but only hot lesbian sex.

With the amount of surveilance equipment available, it would almost be worth it.

f**k you guys must be built to be able to judge others the way you do. How come I dont see all these ripped muscly physiques posted up in the pics of your body thread? Oh, I know, theyre bulking lol

lol gotta love the bulking excuse hahah :lol: hear it so many times and still love it