Sign in to follow this  
host

Sissy boys tread

My wrists were small, but over the years they thickened up. I used wrist straps and all the aides and they still ended up thickening up, so it will start to grow but i think the process is very slow - and as someone mentioned - it's nothing like muscle, so don't expect to notice it growing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

like a maglight wrapped in a sleeping bag

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah the diameter of my wrists are friggen tiny.

I don't have problems when working out though. Sometimes a bit of pain but nothing to worry about.

barbells dont allow the shoulders to move naturally, they must follow a set path, so dumbells are better for avoiding shoulder injuries. i was reading that on t nation last night, in an article about sport specific training i believe

I have recently started lifting again after about 3months off. When i stopped lifting all my knee issues had gone away. But now my knee is locking again, hurts like shit if im squatting (mainly behind the knee and just above the kneecap) and is clicking quite loudly. My meniscus is slightly torn apparently but im wondering if i just slowly build up again it will get better again?

Thanks for the advice.

I have recently started lifting again after about 3months off. When i stopped lifting all my knee issues had gone away. But now my knee is locking again, hurts like shit if im squatting (mainly behind the knee and just above the kneecap) and is clicking quite loudly. My meniscus is slightly torn apparently but im wondering if i just slowly build up again it will get better again?

Thanks for the advice.

Use to happen with my shoulders. But I just build up the weight slowly and have very good warm up. Only happens now when I don't do proper warm-up. Also take fish oil?

i've got a massive foreskin with a really small dick. I guess it's kinda the same.

hahahahahha....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

like a maglight wrapped in a sleeping bag

LMAO. nice.

hey man... good to see your back training again. Not so good about the knee but. As you are aware I tore mine and the recovery process is long if you dont operate. I had physio for ages and was doing heaps of excercises / streches for it for ages... Still gets quite stiff and will click a fair bit unless I warm it up properly.

Mine is still not 100% hoever it does not stop me doing anything . I just have to strech befoe doing a lot of things and for 2 months or so initially it was sore squatting below paralell. If you want one day I can run through some of the stretches warm up etc I do before squatting which seems to have helped.

But in general strech your ITB every morning and when your in the shower a few times a week get a shampoo bottle and really push it into you ITB area and massage it real hard. This loosend it up a bit. will also bruise ya hip a bit at first lol but does work.

add to this I take 12-15 fish oil a day and 750mg condroitin and 1500mg of glucosamine.

I'm in the same boat. Both of my knees click and my left knee sometimes clicks out of joint.. (scary when doing squats)

I've upped my glucosamine and seen a physio but not much else i can do... Knee problems suck balls!

yeh could be right, there are a few reasons as to why injuries occur - form, diet, warmup - as long as your doing enough to address the key areas, injuries should not occur that often

there is also the fact that everybody has a slightly different genetic makeup, some people are just more prone to injuries.

ooo, i think i might have this. Noticed it a few months ago, after coming back from a break. During bench and when initially lifting the weight off the hook things. Noticed it in my left shoulder, and it's hung around for a while now. Should stop benching by the sounds of it. might give that broom exercise a go as well

is there anything else to avoid besides bench? wouldn't MP aggravate it as well?

good thread

i got a mate who will never push a bar completely overhead because he says it screws up the rotator cuff... i couldn't really give a stuff

Thanks guys and thanks Michael yeah just thought id have to take my time. Once its strong again its fine its just when i stop for an extended period of time. If we could catch up for a session would be great. Learn some stretches and see how strong youve gotten!!

I've started to develop stretch marks across my shoulders, any recommendations on what i can do for them to go away? I've heard you can use creams or coconut oil or something? or should i simply ignore them and not do anything? Apparently they are a common thing to get when weight training up there or even on the inside of your arm or on your chest

bio oil is just a vitamin e serum i believe, so much the same thing. i could be mistaken? but yeh, intense moisturisers will work a treat. theres also palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks, meant for pregnant women but will suit the application

i use the palmers one thats preganant woman use on their bellies. works a treat.

Get on them asap. Thelonger u leave em the less u can do shit about them.

If they are red/dark stilli would get some laser on them if u can.

And also be moisturising every day.

Its genetics. Im lucky I never got them, but know a lot of people that do.

If you the vitamin E on them while they are still red it makes a huge difference. I get them on the shoulder/pec tie in.

yeah i just noticed them yesterday so they are relatively fresh and red

cheers for the help guys, very useful

Nothing really works, take it from me, I have 3 years of stretch marks.

Fresh ones will go red/pink.

Older ones will turn white.

They don't really ever go away.

Who cares really? Meh.

ive got em on my shoulders and biceps (the whole bicep) as well as my legs predominately on the side facing towards my groin.

blames squating lol

meh i live with it

Yeah had them pecks, shoulders, biceps, triceps, lats and under my legs a few years ago. When I put on a bit of fat and they slowly went away.

I have tried to do a search but nothing rally came up.

Hoping some people haev experienced something similar.

Basically i have been back training now for 3 months after 9 months off. Everything seems to be coming back really quickly and smoothly. My diet is really good etc. BUT.. i have alot of trouble sleeping, as in i lay in bed for 1-2 hours before i can sleep. Anyone have any natural remedies etc? i am getting 6-7 max hours of sleep per night due to this, and really feel my body will benifit from a extra 1-2 hours sleep per night.I have thought about going to a doc but not really keen on sleeping peels (drugs) which i think i will be given.

I have the same problem, howie says it's from anxiety/stuff on ya mind etc. I find a glass or 3 of wine helps me go to sleep but it's not really a viable option to be having alcohol everynight if you're training lol.

Send "houghy" a pm if he doesn't post soon, he can tell you stuff to get etc.

-Wake up earlier

-Get some valerian or melatonin capsules from pharmacy

ive found since taking zinc i fall asleep very easily, and sleep for ages. i also feel better rested when i wake