Sign in to follow this  
karbonphyber

the karbonphyber 180sx build thread

That's excellent news Lenny.

It will definitely be fun, cause now there are 3 S13's entered (you, SRS13 and myself) and we can all hang out and talk cars at the track.

I'm looking forward to it very much! :thumb:

heehhe it was fun even though hoses were popping!

Round 2 is coming up! can't wait for it. new alterations to the car for added reliability

Took 6 seconds off at Round 2 yesterday to be 1:54.4542 after adding beads to the intercooler piping.

Next thing will be aero modifications along with installing:

1) MidnightMod's 30 row oil cooling system w/ thermostat

2) Upgraded radiator

3) Hopefully a GT Wing and aero modifications

Temps were at 100degC, grip was more than sufficient. Car turned in really well, too well sometimes =) Easy 200+ on the front straight

Fun times!

3) Hopefully a GT Wing and aero modifications

what GT wing u going to use?

Installed thermo fans and a new radiator! now the temperature sits at 80deg without the fan and 70deg with the fan! it should be pretty good on track.

Well, some pics of progress. I've been too busy with work to do anything!

While i had the old twin core s14 radiator out, i trial fitted what could possibly be the future fitment for my FMIC in the bay. here's how it looked when i test fitted the FMIC + Radiator in:

IMG_0756.JPG

With the thermo fans in there, i figured it would be realllllllllllly tight but still possible. anyone tried the same thing? is there an issue with having the front of the engine block cooler than the rear? expansion/contraction issues?

Well, here's the final product, with hose routing brackets in place of the old shroud.

IMG_0762.JPG

Made the brackets the hard way. haha... fashioned with a hammer + block of wood. turned out alright and they're still supporting the weight of the hoses till today.

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

.... Danger...... to manifold!

So the plan is to have the FMIC in there, which will shorten the air flow route. I will be required to have front air ducting when that happens.

That will also lead to me having space for my massive MidnightMods oil cooler. Have you seen it yet?

it doesn't look too tall but considering brackets can be fabricated for it, that's the least of my worries though.