Sign in to follow this  
racin jason

2009 DRIFT Super Cup @ Mallala - RUN AND WON!

Mallala is looking forward to welcoming all Interstate entries to the event. I appologise Nisskid, the answer to your question is that as per the G1 events, un-qualified entrants will tell you they are well looked after if they fail to make the cut, and free practice sessions are run to obviously school up, dial up and set up cars for competition.

We will aim to accomodate all skill level's, but I suggest you aim high my friend.....as fortune favours the brave. A Top 16 spot in Street should be relatively easy if your committed and well prepared. I'll post more details as they come to hand.

Cheers,

RJ

cheers, as far as the praccy sessions go, how many will there be and how long etc?

Had another good meeting with Mallala track managment tonight. Everything entrywise will be orientated online from the Mallala website, and the actual event entry should be up later this week. As mentioned the Pro and Street classes will be offered, with full fields of 32 for competition. That being said, I'd say due to the interest in the event, places will fill up fast, so please enter early to avoid disapointment.

Prizes for the various classes are as follows;

Pro

1st - $5000 and Drift Super Cup

2nd - $1000 and trophy

3rd - $600 and trophy

4th - 16th - $300

Street

1st - $500 and trophy

2nd - trophy

3rd - trophy

Team Drift - Trophy

Thrash for Cash Burnout comp - $1000

Drift Car Burnout comp - TBA

State of Origin Drift Challenge - TBA

There will be a 'show and shine' element, but that label sucks arse, so there will be a bunch of cool VIP parked cars for all to enjoy both days. I won't give away to many details just yet as we are still confirming elements, but I can say All Japan Day is going to be involved, and if your part of the 5 S Club....you get to park VIP for free! 5 S Club is a new and vert simple concept.....Skyline, Silvia (S13,14 or 15), Supra, Sprinter and Soarer ownership and appearance at the event will get you some special treatment...stay tuned!

Our alternative on track entertainment is shaping up nicely, with the formats now set up. I'm sure you will all like what we have planned, and it's all designed to maximise the 'entertainment' value at the event without being cheesy, crap or boring old same stuff.

A small video promo will be online very soon, so I ask anyone who wants to see this event take off, download and send to as many people as possible. In a similar fashion a downloadable advertising flyer will also be available, allowing you all to advertise the event from you house, place of work or car window. Hell stick em up where ever you can. One thing we have nutted out the lack of need to actually advertise this event through mainstream magazine/TV mediums.....after all why should we?

This is an SA event, and it's highly unlikely to attract non-drift savvy people from other states. Our focus will be upon attracting as many SA public as possible, and we will be targeting alternative advertising mediums to ensure we have very healthy crowd figures. There may be an opportunity to utilise a few cars in promoing the event, so stay tuned, as we might need some help handing out flyers in high profile locations around the SA metro area.

We are working on a discount entry/marketing system, and I am not able to elaborate any more at this point in time. I do hope it gets across the line as it will be the really motivator in drawing in a big crowd that could have the potential to be the largest single drift event in SA's history.

On a final note........there are a number of 'surprises' instore for both entrants and spectators alike. These 'Surprises' are designed to test, excite and entertain everyone. We are doing a few things that are left of field and very different to what is normally offered to drivers and spectators. Yes there are certain elements designed to make sure the competition is catered for. There will be good length practice sessions, and eliminated/unqualified drivers will have track access to ensure their entry price is well returned in sideways bonkers driving action.

One suprise will offer an opportunity unlike any before, and possible open a door never available to be opened before. Warm up that spotlight!

That's it for now, I will update more as I get my head around it.

Cheers,

RJ

P.S. - Forgot to mention....prize money for the event is now up to $12,000!

sounds great jason, just wondering why doing a single burnout could win u $1000, but qualifying, battling and eventually winning in the street class will only snag u half of that?

not criticising, just wondering mainly.

probably will enter this shiz, car will be ready

a control tyre would be sick, something middle of the range, doesnt need to be one tyre, but a selection from each manufacturer. therefore if people want to get more grip they have to develop their setup more than just putting bigger, grippier tyres on.

it just wont work what happens when the ae86/ke70 with 235 17s will kill us all ......... meh get over it people its ment to be fun as long as your pushing it who cares if you can go faster than someone get more angle ;)

have you been looking at my new car build 'driftsil80'????

lol just you wait my friend, 235 45 17 on an 86 WILL be VERY fast indeed....

even wanlis on a car like that will be fast....

meh, its still a year from completion though...

heres a link, sorry its a euro site, all the aus sites its on need membership to view...

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-...6-take-2-a.html

dont worrie lee p in his ke has allready been practcing with 17s on the rear lol catch up qld he he

If the schedule is anything like the DA events, free practice will be fairly limited.

Speaking of which, (and I don't think I read it anywhere in this thread) will there be any Friday sessions? Maybe some open practice for both classes in the arvo? I don't believe DA factored the Fridays into their entry costs, as you had to pay extra for it, as it was on a round-by-round basis, pending availability of the circuit.

Because DA organising a Friday session would have meant expecting volunteer staff to do three days, and it's enough of a challenge finding enough takers for two-day events as it is.

I knew that, sorry, I wasn't taking offence either :thumbsup:

oh yes this is gonna be an awsome event 2 days of tyre frieing cant wait, hopefully get a spot in the street class, fingers crossed :D

is it first in best dressed with entries or what? cause me and 2 other cars are wanting to enter as a team and are really hoping to get in

Hi Guys,

The deal with entry is that the forms should be up on the Mallala website either by the end of this week or early next week. I will let you all know as soon as they are. The fields for both classes will be qualified down to 32 places, so I would say there will be plenty of room for everyone. That being said......secure a place as soon as you can to avoid any hassles closer to the event.

I have been asked about leaving cars in sheds overnight during the comp, even if your not camping on site......I will have an answer on that one soon as I known the score.

Cheers,

RJ

Spoke with Mallala track managment, and anyone who enters...but is not camping overnight....can get a garage key and store their cars onsite over the Saturday night. There will be a security guard patrol with AK47 assault rifles, Tasers, under fed Alsatians and migrane headaches to make sure the vehicles are safe and secure.

I have also been informed that entry forms will be up BY April 1st (har har April fools day - yeah yeah), and possible earlier.

Cheers,

RJ

awsome

just one question do we have to pay the money when we put the form in or do we pay at a later date?

also since we are competing do we have to pay to get into the track like we do on practive days and yeah?

cheers

I think it you call up and say "Barleys" they'll hold a spot for you free of charge lol

sus-023......your going to love this.....enter the event.....and YOU AS THE DRIVER GET IN FOR FREE!!!!!!! Regarding payment of entry, it will all be spelled out for you on teh website.

Did someone call 'Barley's' on your hair Chef?

Cheers,

RJ

DSC_Flyer.jpg

Entry is open for the event! Email Mallala track managment - mallala@curkpatrick.com.au or visit the website - CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE If that fails - PM me with your email address and I'll fire one off.

*NOTE - If your a South Aussie....print off the flyer and start promoting the event. The back window of the car is a great place to display the flyer, as is your local Video hire store! Remember the more people we get the better the event will be......so say you did your part in this kick ass event and put the flyer in a proud place people will see!

A new thread will be started very soon with regular updates detailing who has entered the event. Name, car and state will be listed. Here's a hint.....we have three states already entered!

More soon.

Cheers,

RJ

Hayden and myslef have put entry forms in for pro class :D

cant wait!!!! :hypo:

edit: RJ you could have updated the pic of Christian on the flyer, that pic is 2 years old :P

1. Pro Class

1st Prize…………$5,000 cash & Drift Supercup

2nd Prize………...$1,000 cash & trophy

3rd Prize………...$600 cash & trophy

4th - 16th Prize…$300 cash (each)

2. Street Class

1st Prize………...$500 cash & trophy

2nd Prize………..trophy

3rd Prize…….…..trophy

woh so all u have to do in pro class is get into the top 16 and u get ur entry back?

good for me cos basically anyone half decent will just go to the pro class and try their luck :lol:

also did u end up telling us how many spots are available?

apparently mine and another tasmanians entries were being sorted today, should be insane fun

apparently i mine and another tasmanians entries were being sorted today, should be insane fun

That is correct, you and I are both paid up and entered :D.

Will be a massive road trip that's for sure :lol: .

Can't wait!!!

awesome thanks for sorting that out benjamin, gona be swwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeet, wanted to drift mallala since before the z18et bluebird lol

this will be great!

camping there for sure !

If our rides survive winton, we should all be out ... should be mad weekend!! street or pro???... Would love to mix it up with the big boys but i dont think we have the budget to compete...??

Gotta get them entrys sorted monday!

Edited by Team Foolish Line

hopefully will be there :)

its my 18th on the 23rd lol i shall be crunk