Sign in to follow this  
JDM-RPS13

Can anyone hook me up with a job?

The company i worked for shut down two weeks ago now, was on the news aswell. So i need a new job if anyone can point me in the right direction? have been out and about looking but no luck so far. Im located in southern suburbs but don't mind travelling to town if need be.

cheers :hug:

The company i worked for shut down two weeks ago now, was on the news aswell. So i need a new job if anyone can point me in the right direction? have been out and about looking but no luck so far. Im located in southern suburbs but don't mind travelling to town if need be.

Do you want to be hooked up with a job or earn one?

Sorry to hear dude.

I know some people who have applied with over 50 jobs with still no luck.

I think the best way is to get a job via referral, hopefully someone can help you out here, goodluck!

Do you want to be hooked up with a job or earn one?

il earn one man, nothing comes for free, i know that, im at uni at the minute so it more of a part time job i need right now. And yeah referal is what im hoping for, heaps of my mates are also getting their jobs cut/ hours reduced because of all this economic crap and id rather work than claim benefits from the government.

il earn one man, nothing comes for free, i know that, im at uni at the minute so it more of a part time job i need right now. And yeah referal is what im hoping for, heaps of my mates are also getting their jobs cut/ hours reduced because of all this economic crap and id rather work than claim benefits from the government.

:lol: Stop whinging uni-boy. My business is doing shit and the job I started to keep the business going has also started to wind down.

lol maybe specify what type of job, you want to be a male prostitute, because we'll just assume that?

same, looking for IT web work etc, Wheelworx no longer need Frankie so got the good old marching orders in 2 weeks, its happening everywhere even here!

lol maybe specify what type of job, you want to be a male prostitute, because we'll just assume that?

yeah male prostitute is what im looking for :sex:

im not looking for anything in particular, i just need a job; retail, bar work, production work, whatever

same, looking for IT web work etc, Wheelworx no longer need Frankie so got the good old marching orders in 2 weeks, its happening everywhere even here!

shoulda put a resume in when I told you ;)

Fergs I'll pay you to get my car through regency......

become an accuntant or financial planner, we cant get enough and no one else can either.

so if yor doin uni chnage to those jobs lol, u will never have a prob then, plus good pay. and if u are already doing that at uni, hit me up and ill send u some people to contact. :)

Fergs I'll pay you to get my car through regency......

really, how much works involved and how much you offering me?? :P

shoulda put a resume in when I told you ;)

yeah i know owell no one can predict the future its only a gut feeling if you can call it that way..... do let us know if ya know of anything Mmmwwwhhhhaaaa

Umm all that is left is stock sus, exhaust, wheels and remove stereo. ;)

Umm all that is left is stock sus, exhaust, wheels and remove stereo. ;)

talk to me about it on msn later ell

become an accuntant or financial planner, we cant get enough and no one else can either.
Awesome typo :lol:

But for real is it hard to get into accounting? Like do you need bulk Uni courses and years of study under your belt or can you get into smaller roles with little experiance/qualification?

i read in the sunday mail that a place up in murray bridge had 150 jobs or something going, its a kill house, but jobs range from packing meats, to portioning e.t.c, if your that desperate this could be an option for you! ill try find a link for you

Awesome typo :lol:

But for real is it hard to get into accounting? Like do you need bulk Uni courses and years of study under your belt or can you get into smaller roles with little experiance/qualification?

mad typo, YES and NO, we have both quallified and non quallified, if someone is quallified (uni) i think the smallest is 3years in business, some do both accounting and financial(double degree takes 4 years). then after that some do the CPA which is pretty hard apparently think it takes a year? but most do it while working fulltime. have your CPA and u will never have job trouble ever again. its basicly the high rank, with a CPA u can open your own business etc, without it you cant. being a CPA will almost ganentee you 70k+ if uhave a few year under ya belt, depends who u work for but if your good you can easy make 80-90k+ ot bad for 8-5pm

For the non quallified people, they are usally accounting clerks(or better known as book keepers) jobs for these people are everywhere, most places have a book keeper or 2, some accountants have none, some have lots, we here are about 50% accountants, 50% book keepers. some are paid quite well 60+ some are paid low. 30+. depends how quick and good you are, experience, etc. most book keepers would get 36-45k depending on who u work for can be more. to become one u dont need no qualls, but helps if you know MYOB etc, or done some myob training to get your foot in the door. this way isnt easy in terms of easy gettin a job cus u compete against anyone, mainly older ladys who beat u cus they are female anyways and done it for years. we here have 1 male book keeper, rest are female, however our firm would pick a guy over a girl as our boss recons there aint enough boys to have a beer with on a friday, but u dont get many good guys applying!

however if your doing uni, nearly every firm will take u in while your at uni, we have about 8 studying, flexible hours, work when u can etc, most work 2-3 full days and full time in holidays , pay isnt wiked but its good to learn and get your name on the board. prob looking about 17buks an hour being a uni student around 19-20yr old.

i read in the sunday mail that a place up in murray bridge had 150 jobs or something going, its a kill house, but jobs range from packing meats, to portioning e.t.c, if your that desperate this could be an option for you! ill try find a link for you

Sounds like either T&R Pastral or Big River Pork.

Both are meat works but the pay is great and great companies to work for as long as you don't mind blood and the like I suppose.

T&R have been paying to get people over from NZ even, I know becuse they often put them up in the pub I work at and pay for meals etc until they get settled.

Both are meat works but the pay is great and great companies to work for as long as you don't mind blood and the like I suppose.

T&R have been paying to get people over from NZ even, I know becuse they often put them up in the pub I work at and pay for meals etc until they get settled.

Define great pay lol

I can see me quitting my job soon. :lol:

Been unemployed for over 2 months now, even temp agencies can't help me.

Have applied for way over 50 jobs so I feel your pain.

Good luck.

-snips huge to post to keep the thread clean-

Cheers for the info mate, have been looking into doing something like accounting as my skillset suits the job requirements reasonably well.

T & R is a great place to work, I highly recommend working there

I worked there in the office so no blood and guts for me, but f**k me they were the biggest cunce to work for, ever :lol::lol::lol:

Why do you think they need 150 people

I worked there in the office so no blood and guts for me, but f**k me they were the biggest cunce to work for, ever :lol::lol::lol:

It would be a bit different to be out on the floor I would imagine. I assume you would have had to deal with the politics of the company etc whereas if you are out on the floor you are there to do a specific duty and that is it.

I could be wrong of course.

A job is a job. Everywhere has its problems.

It would be a bit different to be out on the floor I would imagine. I assume you would have had to deal with the politics of the company etc whereas if you are out on the floor you are there to do a specific duty and that is it.

I could be wrong of course.

A job is a job. Everywhere has its problems.

They treat the office people better than they treat the people on the floor. It is much worse in production there than in the office.

The pay is shit and the treatment you get is even worse, wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go work there.

If you get onto the highest skilled job you could be earning close to $1500 a week (on a good week) but it will be a hell of a long time at $513.00 gross a week before you get to that sort of money. By a hell of a long time I mean two to three years. Seriously the base rate there is $513.00 a week. <_>

Ahhhh I see.

I was under the impression it was a lot better than that. No wonder they are short on staff. I guess $500 a week is still a wage but if you have other capable skills you may as well use them elsewhere for better work.

I know a few people that work at Big River Pork and apparently they are great employers, a few friends have worked there for years.

Ahhhh I see.

I was under the impression it was a lot better than that. No wonder they are short on staff. I guess $500 a week is still a wage but if you have other capable skills you may as well use them elsewhere for better work.

I know a few people that work at Big River Pork and apparently they are great employers, a few friends have worked there for years.

Yes I have also heard the Big River Pork are ok. Still, that's a heck of a long way to be driving for work from the Southern Suburbs. You would use your whole pay in petty money.

You can earn $500 a week anywhere, packing shelves for instance. You do not need to be burning off sheeps penises to make that sort of money, and before you giggle, that is an actual task :P

If you NEED a job, you will grab whatever you can take.

Be it nightfill, servo, delivering pizza's etc...

I know some unemployed people who are very picky or don't want something that is 'beneath them'

It's alright if you are living with your folks or a partner, but if you were by yourself then you would do whatever you could.

So apply for jobs instead of sitting on NS :lol:

I know that job agencies must be filled right now, but there is always seek, getting the paper first thing etc...

Just take what you can get then start looking for something more desirable.

Goodluck!

If you NEED a job, you will grab whatever you can take.

Be it nightfill, servo, delivering pizza's etc...

I know some unemployed people who are very picky or don't want something that is 'beneath them'

It's alright if you are living with your folks or a partner, but if you were by yourself then you would do whatever you could.

So apply for jobs instead of sitting on NS :lol:

I know that job agencies must be filled right now, but there is always seek, getting the paper first thing etc...

Just take what you can get then start looking for something more desirable.

Goodluck!

id have to agree, the gf works in an employment firm, and she says most unemployed people are unemployed due to thinking they are "too good 2 be doing that job" some have never worked before but refuse to stack a shelf cus they too good to do that, reality check. do the hard crap times early and you will soon see yourself in a job you more enjoy & good pay.

i find it hard to beleive someone can be unemployed for 2 months, i mean woolies etc consitantly looking for people, as are the food industry (maccas etc, i actualy seen a super hot manager at marion HJ's, so its not that bad ;) unless super bad luck.. or dyng in interviews..

scoop to the easy jobs, woolies, servos, maccas etc, then continue hard work to find the better jobs. if some non english speaking taxi driver is employed then shurly anyone can be :P