Sign in to follow this  
dveant

steering wheel virbrates at 120kph and upwards?

What part of the steering would cause the steering wheel to vibrate at 120kph and upwards? Or is it just cause i got baldies all round lol?

na its the ground shaking from the hoards of cop cars chasing u down for speeding...

na its the ground shaking from the hoards of cop cars chasing u down for speeding...

damn! someone beat me to a smartass comment

i was thinking cos the car gets sexually aroused at those speeds and whips out the battery powered toys

lol

all speeding done legally on the track.

Seriously though, what would be causing it?

jack your car up and shake your wheels about. check for tie rods, bushes and wheelbearings. but may be to do with tyres

get ur wheels balanced mate, the reason for the virabration is unbalanced wheels and the wobble goes right threw to the steering wheel

haha so many smart comments.

Wheel Balance.

or if its a 180 with front bar droop, could be bouncing around at high speeds

Wheel Balance, Disc Runout, Sh!tted Bushes, Tie Rod Ends, Steering Knuckles, Feather/ Scalloped Tyres

Slotted rotors will cause a slight vibration...

Wheel Balance, Disc Runout, Sh!tted Bushes, Tie Rod Ends, Steering Knuckles, Feather/ Scalloped Tyres

please explain!!?

i'm gettin them in less than 5000ks

Get a wheel balance, and do a rotation. While its up on the hoist, get them to check your ball joints, tie rod ends etc.

I havnt heard of slotted rotors causing vibration, unless your braking of course :)

Get a wheel balance, and do a rotation. While its up on the hoist, get them to check your ball joints, tie rod ends etc.

I havnt heard of slotted rotors causing vibration, unless your braking of course :)

Bingo!!

Have seen some S15 with a slight vibration at high speeds because of the slotted rotors...

like everyone says, try getting your wheels balanced and see if that fixes it

however, just out of curiosity, is there excessive road noise (like a loud buzzing drone) when you drive in a straight line?? if there is, does it quieten when you turn?? if so, then your wheel bearings are on their way out. they will deteriorate very rapidly and the vibrations you feel now at 120kph, will soon be felt at 100 kph and so on..

please explain!!?

its bullshit mate, i have slotted and get no vibration, even with the alloy steering bush.

tyres i believe are the first option to look at for this guy, since he mentioned they are not in good condition. i just recently changed my gf's rear tyres for new ones because her's were scalloped and creating a whir sound. they still had heaps of tread also.

If you have aftermarket wheels, make sure they have the little inserts that make them centre on the hub.

please explain!!?

I imagine if you bought the cheapest sh!t rotors you could find..... they would not be in perfect balance

never had brake rotors cause vibration, wouldnt be using them for long if they did

your first bet would be your wheel balance

but worn tires wont be helping your cause either as its very possible from over wearing the tyres they are now worn out of round

if that fails check the front end

LCA bush, tie rod ends, s/rack movement and mounts, ball joints, caster bushes and for any bent suspension arms

Bingo!!

Have seen some S15 with a slight vibration at high speeds because of the slotted rotors...

LOL this is why I love ns.

The tech section has 1 in 5000 posts that are really true.

how can a slotted rotor do this unless the rotors are warped. and even then they need to be around 6mm warped. You doors would shake off if they were this much out when braking

please explain!!?

I imagine if you bought the cheapest sh!t rotors you could find..... they would not be in perfect balance

Any rotor sold in aus, must be surfaced or its illegal too sell.