Sign in to follow this  
buoy

Swine flu... just another flu? or possible pandemic?

It was all made by Rumsfeld! (seriously check out the scare videos made in the 70s about pig flu, they're classics!)

http://centurean2.wordpress.com/2009/04/28...flu-connection/

Oh and Buoy, normal flu shot won't do didley squat, doesn't even work for the normal flu after a year. All it may do is make it easier to spot when you have caught Pig flu as you know it wouldn't be the standard variety.

normal flu shot does work after a year its just there are many different flu strain. each year they predict which flu strain is goin to be the most wide spread and then they distribute a vacine for that particular flu. that also means if u get a flu vaccine and some other flu strain comes around u still goin get the flue. im talking about normal flu. thats why u have to get a flu shot every year because its always changing

You must admit... they're quick..

The Swine Flu Hoax

by literaryguru | April 28, 2009 at 03:00 pm

When the avian flu scare arrived, no one questioned it. This time, things are different. Those with some brains, a memory and internet ingenuity are on the case. Let’s hope this message gets out.

Tamiflu is an antiviral medication used to treat influenza. It will be the prime medication sold to protect citizens from swine flu as it was for avian flu. All healthcare workers, military and essential service workers will need a dose available and it will be bought with your tax dollars.Tamiflu is made and patented by Gilead Sciences and Donald Rumsfeld was the chairman of this company before he joined the Bush administration. When the Avian Flu scare flashed across the television sets of Americans, Gilead Sciences stock went through the roof. Rumsfeld refused to sell his stock when he joined the Bush administration and the increase in stock value made him the richest man in the Bush administration. Moreover, Gilead Sciences successfully lobbied a billion dollar contract with the U.S. military during the avian flu scare, giving each soldier access to the drug. Now, with the swine flu scare, the same players are about to make an even bigger fortune. Who are these people? They are all hardcore neoconservatives with a long history of paying for neocon agendas and campaigns and they have far-reaching capabilities to manufacture a media-constructed, influenza hoax. The actual flu may be real, but the panic surrounding it is the product of those who waited for another opportunity to knock, or sneeze.

The largest shareholder of Gilead Sciences is the FMR Corporation. This company is owned by Grover Glenn Norquist, a well-connected Republican activist with close ties to business and the media. Norquist was the Executive Director of the College Republican National Committee in the 1980's and he oversaw the transformation of the committee into a conservative grassroots powerhouse for the Reagan administration. His credentials and resume include being a:

- Lobbyist for Microsoft

- Member, board of directors, National Rifle Association

- Member, board of directors, American Conservative Union

- Member, Council on Foreign Relations (2001)

- Consultant for Janus-Merritt Strategies, a lobbying firm

Donald Rumsfeld, as previously mentioned, holds major shares in the company. His ties to the Bush administration are self-evident. Another major shareholder in Gilead Sciences is Goldman Sachs. I won’t bother listing their connections to the Bush administration. There are too many to list.

As we sit on the eve of a new influenza scare, the question is: will anybody pay attention to the fact that the last influenza scare didn’t become a pandemic, but it sure made neoconservatives rich. The regular run-of-the-mill strains of influenza kill more than 35 000 Americans every year and hospitalize another 200 000. Eighty people dying of disease in one of the dirtiest cities on earth is tragic, but it should not be used as an excuse to fill the coffers of a conservative faction that has already ripped off America of every penny it could during its time in office. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bush even stole the cutlery out of the White House before he left. The only hands that need washing are America's; washed of the filthy agenda of neoconservatives willing to exploit anything to make a buck.

“Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”

Bibliography

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...wnership_status

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Grover_Norquist

http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/31/news/newsm...msfeld/?cnn=yes

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...;articleId=1148

The largest shareholder of Gilead Sciences is the FMR Corporation. This company is owned by Grover Glenn Norquist, a well-connected Republican activist with close ties to business and the media.

:lol: That part made me lol, who would've though the OWNER of FMR corporation would have ties to BUSINESS!! Run children, its a businessman!!

There is no doubt this flu has been hyped to the max, but it is spreading a lot worse than the avian flu, and has the very real chance of infecting any one of us.

I don't catch public transport these days, and don't go clubbing, but if i did, i would stop :P

There is no doubt this flu has been hyped to the max, but it is spreading a lot worse than the avian flu, and has the very real chance of infecting any one of us.

I don't catch public transport these days, and don't go clubbing, but if i did, i would stop :P

They better tell us who...

that was we can ignore them in their profile and not get the disease..

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-19, which killed an estimated 40 million worldwide, had a fatality rate of about 2.5 percent.

The difference between this flu and the spanish flu is that, in 1918, there wasn't nearly 1.6 billion people on the internet.

And 11.5 million of those are World of Warcraft users. So they're probably safe.

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-19, which killed an estimated 40 million worldwide, had a fatality rate of about 2.5 percent.

The difference between this flu and the spanish flu is that, in 1918, there wasn't nearly 1.6 billion people on the internet.

And 11.5 million of those are World of Warcraft users. So they're probably safe.

Until their mum comes down to the basement to ask them if they're hungry.

Until their mum comes down to the basement to ask them if they're hungry.

Or so they can go to the bathroom.

14ta89s.jpg

http://cartmandiarrhea.ytmnd.com/

So what you're saying is we are over populated and this is needed?

While that's true, that's not what I was saying..

There's 11.5 million dude and dudettes out there that are safe from the flu because they don't leave the house..

I tried to ring the swine flu hotline..

All I got was crackling..

Dont laugh.. I asked what I can do and they said to put oinkment on it..

:lol:

2 in a row

:lol:

hey agg25 can you quote me pls... i don't know what it's in reference to. cheers.

Yep

"man..... get your flu shots thats all i'm gunna say!!! "

hahahahahhahahaha c'mon :lol: you didn't quote the whole sentence now, did you :) cos the first bit of that sentence is pretty important.

whered i say it? page 1 right? :lol:

Because this seems to be a make jokes about swine flu thread. Saw it on Digg:

pooh.jpg

Listening on the Radio (the proper AM band)

They were talking about Mexico having a CONFIRMED no of PF related deaths at around 13. The couple of hundred was an estimate.

Listening on the Radio (the proper AM band)

I'm sorry, I couldn't get past this bit without yawning uncontrollably.

Anything but ABC Classic on the FM band burns my ears these days.

I tuned back in recently and found that they're playing 90% of the same music they were playing 3-4 years ago..

cush ftl

Intellectual development ftw.

Intellectual development ftw.

So you get smarter by listening to violins instead of guitars?

Any talking on a 'popular' FM station is pure drivel. If classical music wasn't so boring I'd listen to Classic FM.

729 AM ftw.

Triple J > all, I refuse to listen to commercial radio except for traffic updates on the way to work.

Triple J > all, I refuse to listen to commercial radio except for traffic updates on the way to work.

Even Triple J is terrible now. They are trying to hard to be like a commercial station. They repeat like crazy, and listen day to day sounds exactly the same.

Radio Paradise.. You actually get interesting and different music - not just repeats and drivel.