Sign in to follow this  
tai_180sx

The R31 RB25/30 Skyline Project

Tai i thought this was going to be a daily stocker?

Fat tyres will make it a bit of a pig to drive in the wet don't you think?

yes and no. I've always wanted big power... i think the power would make it harder to drive in the wet than fat tyres.... The only think i'm really concerned about is locking the diff, I really don't want to do that and i can guarantee that I will be pulling it out as soon as possible.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god

unfortunately with the power i want, anything is better than only spinning 1 wheel. A locker is the next best option. What i would really like to do is get something made up that can bolt in. Basically something like a ford 9" diff or something with a big strong LSD in it. I was thinking of going with some sort of 4wd diff like from a hilux that I can put an air locker in it... that way it would be a normal diff to drive around in and then when i want to do track work, drifting or drag racing, at a flick of a switch I'd have a locked diff.... but thats nearly $1000 just for the air locker without having to modify and fit a 4wd diff into the car..

with 295 tyres on the rear on the street youll have as much tyre on the ground as most people with stockies with one wheel only ha ha ha

not a fan of the rims

espically the "fake dish" that all the cheap rims have where the spokes kink back to make it look like they have more

spray what matt black, the car? I was thinking about it, but I still want something that looks smooth.. I was thinking of a satin black, but I don't think black is the right colour for this project..

I want something smooth yet subtle and suits the styling of the car... I'm thinking of a nice darker blue, maybe a silver or gunmetal grey... I'll think about the colour choice more after I do the widebody and fit everything up. Painting is probably one of the last things i'll do.

i like your thinking Tai - a simple, solid colour that suits the car.

the rims look a lot better in person than i thought they would, aside from the titanium lip.

Well I was able to test fit the rear wheels today. Basically on the rear I am using 35mm spacers that change the 4 stud to 5 stud. These are hubcentric spacers.

To fit these wheels i will need to use at least 30mm spacers anyway, so i've decided its probably easier for me to go this way, rather than try and do a full 5 stud conversion and then get 5 stud 30mm spacers anyway.

I test fitted one of the wheels and found that they don't stick out quite as far as i though they would. The wheel sits approx 10cm's further out than the original wheel but because the original wheel was at least 4cm's inside the guard, then my guards will only need to be flared out 5 or 6cm's to fit these wheels...

Brakes haven't turned up yet, so i won't be doing the 5 stud conversion this weekend. The brakes are all i'm waiting for now.

I've attached some pics...

post-2246-1244183460_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1244183463_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1244183467_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1244183471_thumb.jpg

And this is suppose to be a sleeper :lol:

Looks good mate

a set of rana flares, moulded into the body would look sweet.

custom rear over-fenders that incorporate the bottom 1/2 of the rear door is the way to go - build the rear out so it's a wedge shape

not sure i get what you mean... I'm not 100% sure what i'll do.. I still have a couple options in mind,.